• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Equipment

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love my hybrid, it's one of the clubs I hit the best. Unfortunately I don't get to use it too often unless I'm on a par 5. They're a lot more forgiving than woods. Even if I hit it off of the toe I'll end up with a pretty decent shot.

Agreed. As far as irons go, I carry nothing more than a 5. I have two hybrids to take the place of my 2,3 and 4 irons. So, so much easier to hit and make land softly.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. As far as irons go, I carry nothing more than a 5. I have two hybrids to take the place of my 2,3 and 4 irons. So, so much easier to hit and make land softly.

I think any recreational golfer still playing 2,3,4 irons is either really good, or had a really big ego.

I love my 4H, but I don't like the 2H...lies too low to hold many greens.

LY, I made eagle with it (a 2' tap in) from about 215 or so I kept it in the bag...looking at the Adams 3H and 2H

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titleist Driver
Adams 5 wood
Titleist 981 irons
Ping Sedona putter
I used to have the Titleist DCIs. They were tried and true and almost had the feel of blades.

I was thinking about getting another hybrid but my current setup feels pretty cozy on most courses.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I mentioned that 7 wood that I cannot hit for the life of me. I've taken it to the range multiple times and still just can't fucking hit it. I'm ready to just toss it away but it did manage to make it into my bag but I've never once swiped it on a golf course.

You might guess where this is going but yesterday, we're playing our 6th hole back into the teeth of yet another strong wind. It's blowing in at us and from the left. With the hazard right side, I steered one off the fairway left side among a stand of huge pines. Well sure enough, I'm stymied behind one of the trees about 165 out from the raised green. If I try to hook it around the tree, the wind's gonna just knock it down. I can't slice any iron 165 into a wind like this and that's when it hit me! I know I can slice that God damned 7 wood.

So I set up to cut it hard into the wind and just miss the tree trunk on the left side. That still has it starting out a full 50 feet left of the green. Well I swiped it hard and true with a big cut. It just missed the tree and carried high up into a silly wind and holy shit, it began to turn and cut right back to the hole. Me, my son and my league partner watched in amazement as it cut back perfectly and dropped like a pill in the center of the green 10ft above the hole!!! Just lipped out the birdie dammit but tapped it in for par.

So I've hit that club exactly once on a course and pulled a miracle shot out of my ass in doing so.

Crazy game it is~

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always the Indian, not the bow!

I had a similar experience with my 2H...hit it too low most of the time...just can't find the right ball position when I pull this club during a round. Anyway, I'm all set to buy an Adams 2H, and just didn't do it for some reason...the next round I'm 210 or so out, up hill, semi blind shot on a short par 5, I hit it to within 2' for tap in eagle.

Now it's back to it's old ways again and I'm looking again...more like saving now...it's outta the bag shortly.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Looking to get a new driver and am interested in this one.
Has anyone ever demoed one of these?

I am not worried about bombing drives, I will take 250 in the fairway on every 4&5 all day long.

Fairways and greens

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a nice club Nickle...I've never hit it. Demo days are kicking in here now...one of the best places to buy clubs, or at least get a good comparison to what you're playing now .