• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Equipment

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the money or inkling to replace my trusty Callaway X-14 irons. Been using Callaway War Bird fairway woods and added a 7 wood this year. Titleist bulls eye putter. Also can't come to part with my 60 degree wedge that I've had for almost 30 years. It's from a cheap company named Sounder but it has a really thin blade that I love. I can carve it off the pavement. I bought a new burner driver last spring but I didn't get enough time last season to learn it. I had been using a Cleveland Launcher 400.

I'm also re-gripping my entire set. Found a deal on ebay for 13 victory full cord grips for $39.00 free shipping. That's a bargain.

What you cats swinging in '14?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been playing seriously for about 15 yrs, but most everything except the driver and 3w are original to the bag...it's been time to upgrade so I've been turning over my bag since last fall...new irons GW thru 5i...Taylormade Rocketblades Tour. Seven rounds with them now. Also new is a Cleveland 588 Forged 56 Deg.

A lot more check around the greens with my new wedges...I kept my old Snake eyes 60, but giving thought to upgrading that this spring...I carry 2 hybrids...a 4 & 2...the 4 is my go to club on long par 5 layups...I had a tap in eagle last year from 220 with my 2h, but that's the only highlight in recent memory...I'm looking at replacing the 2h with an Adams. CLE Hibore 3rd gen driver and the Lancher 3w stock stiff in both...they are probably going to stay.

I hit the R1 & SLDR in the store about a month ago, waiting for a demo day to try it at the range, but so far I'm not seeing a ton of difference.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putter: TMade Monza Corza; center shaft, 34 inches; 2 degrees upright; -1 degree loft.

Wedges: TMade TP 54 and 60 degrees; tour grind on leading edge; TT X-100 with sensicore; +1/4 inch; 2 degrees flat.

Irons: TMade TP blades; 3-PW; TT X-100 with sensicore; +1/2 inch; 1 degree flat; Tour Velvet with reminder grips; 1 degree strong.

Woods: 1) TMade R7 TP 13 degree spoon; std length; Aldilla NV-85 X-flex. 2) TMade RocketBallz Tour 5 wood 18 degrees; std length; Matrix X-flex.

Driver: Callaway RazrFit Xtreme; Customized Crown; 8.5 degree; 1 degree open; Matrix Black Tie; -3/4 inch; tipped; S-Flex.

Balls: TMade Lethal.

Glove: Titleist Cadet Large.

Gonna go try em out today for 1st Round of the season at my club.:suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putter: TMade Monza Corza; center shaft, 34 inches; 2 degrees upright; -1 degree loft.

Wedges: TMade TP 54 and 60 degrees; tour grind on leading edge; TT X-100 with sensicore; +1/4 inch; 2 degrees flat.

Irons: TMade TP blades; 3-PW; TT X-100 with sensicore; +1/2 inch; 1 degree flat; Tour Velvet with reminder grips; 1 degree strong.

Woods: 1) TMade R7 TP 13 degree spoon; std length; Aldilla NV-85 X-flex. 2) TMade RocketBallz Tour 5 wood 18 degrees; std length; Matrix X-flex.

Driver: Callaway RazrFit Xtreme; Customized Crown; 8.5 degree; 1 degree open; Matrix Black Tie; -3/4 inch; tipped; S-Flex.

Balls: TMade Lethal.

Glove: Titleist Cadet Large.

Gonna go try em out today for 1st Round of the season at my club.:suds:

Shoes?

lol...good stuff...my new irons have the KBS tour S...I like the ball flight...lower than my previous irons.

The 330rxs I'm playing right now.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoes?

lol...good stuff...my new irons have the KBS tour S...I like the ball flight...lower than my previous irons.

The 330rxs I'm playing right now.

Isn't it obvious? Adidas. :)

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a new TM RBZ stage 2 driver last week, '13 model 9.5 S shaft fitted w/a med dritac grip, I guess my 5 yr old burner lost it's pop because I got back over 250 yds off the tee, finally, sheesh, I was wondring wtf. Got it on sale a Dicks, $169. I think I am going to like it alot. While I was at it I bought a rbz fairway 3 S shaft fitted with the same grip, $99, I am hoping that gets me 220 I couldn't get out pf my old r shaft.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a new TM RBZ stage 2 driver last week, '13 model 9.5 S shaft fitted w/a med dritac grip, I guess my 5 yr old burner lost it's pop because I got back over 250 yds off the tee, finally, sheesh, I was wondring wtf. Got it on sale a Dicks, $169. I think I am going to like it alot. While I was at it I bought a rbz fairway 3 S shaft fitted with the same grip, $99, I am hoping that gets me 220 I couldn't get out pf my old r shaft.

So let's see... you're hitting it 500yds these days?

:laugh3:

Good luck with it!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's see... you're hitting it 500yds these days?

:laugh3:

Good luck with it!

If that was the case I probably wouldn't be here shooting the shit on the 'Hoop, no, I meant over 250 total, never been a long hitter, but I was wondering why I couldn't get it over 220. Down here in soupy FL we don't get much rollout, so when I calced 267 last Sunday I was pretty relieved, it really was the club!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet, nothing like a new club you're hitting well.

I got a Callaway 3 wood and 7 wood this year. Killing the 3 wood right down the middle hit upon hit so I'm excited about that. Hitting the driver pretty well too.

I thought I was gonna be able to really play the 7 wood to great benefit on a couple of holes at my home course but I'm spraying the fucking thing. I've had it to the range three times now and still can't hit it...time to set it aside for a while. :noidea:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet, nothing like a new club you're hitting well.

I got a Callaway 3 wood and 7 wood this year. Killing the 3 wood right down the middle hit upon hit so I'm excited about that. Hitting the driver pretty well too.

I thought I was gonna be able to really play the 7 wood to great benefit on a couple of holes at my home course but I'm spraying the fucking thing. I've had it to the range three times now and still can't hit it...time to set it aside for a while. :noidea:

So true, we were playing a benefit best ball tournament last Sunday, It took me about 9 holes to get the hang of the white club head, but I clocked one right down the middle on the par five, it was the best drive of our group, I was pleased. Now I have to work on the fairway 3, I need that 220 in my bag.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been playing for about six years now. It's never going to be a "passion" with me: More just a way to get some exercise & fresh air every once & awhile.

Started out with a 2nd-hand set of Wilson irons. Just today I went out & bought a new set of Callaways:

fAUAsoi.jpg

Other than that, all that I have is an Adams Golf 1 driver & 5 fairway wood, plus an old 2nd-hand Oncourse putter.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got all new equipment last year.

Irons: Taylor Made Rocketbladez 4-PW, A

pDSP1-17870189dt.jpg

Extra Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree
Titleist-Vokey-Design-Wedge_299_0.jpgp

Driver: Taylor Made Rocketballz

TaylorMade-RocketBallz-Stage-Two-Topper_640.jpg

King Cobra Baffler 3 Hybrid

mrN-UhzA9a-raik3V03NvmQ.jpg

Putter: Oddysey Metal X #8

metal-x_8_large.jpg

I don't know if you guys like the fat grips but I love this Winn JumboLite. I feel like I have so much more control than with a regular grip:
jumbo-lite-excel-putters-allcolors_b4466363-46c0-432e-a316-a063daaca4fa_large.jpeg

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Baffler is a few years old (not new but the others were).

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I do need to look into hybrids more since I can't hit that fucking 7 wood I ebayed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got all new equipment last year.

Irons: Taylor Made Rocketbladez 4-PW, A

pDSP1-17870189dt.jpg

I feel like I have so much more control than with a regular grip:

I'm playing those same irons...slightly different version, but I don't see much difference in the back cavity.

Got mine last fall with the steel KBS tour in them...I little lower flight than my Dynamic Gold...so far I like the irons a lot.

Been playing around with drivers for a long while and I'm not finding that club that makes me want to take my Hibore out of the bag...the Adams previous generation driver is now down to $149, and it has the dual adjustment function...at least on the simulators I'm getting the best result of the new stuff.

Demo days are kicking in here now, so I'll make it point to see hit these new drivers out at the range and make a call on a new driver soon.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm playing those same irons...slightly different version, but I don't see much difference in the back cavity.

Got mine last fall with the steel KBS tour in them...I little lower flight than my Dynamic Gold...so far I like the irons a lot.

Been playing around with drivers for a long while and I'm not finding that club that makes me want to take my Hibore out of the bag...the Adams previous generation driver is now down to $149, and it has the dual adjustment function...at least on the simulators I'm getting the best result of the new stuff.

Demo days are kicking in here now, so I'll make it point to see hit these new drivers out at the range and make a call on a new driver soon.

I'm using the s flex 84g steel shaft on mine and I really like them. When I was looking of all of the sets I hit the two I liked the most were the Rocketbladez and the Mizuno JPX-800s. Both felt great but it seemed like I was hitting the TMades a little further and in slightly tighter bunches. The only reason I went with the TMade driver is because they knocked like 50% off if I got it with the iron set. Otherwise I probably would have gone with a Ping.

I think my favorite driver of all time were the Burners but TMade stopped making them.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I do need to look into hybrids more since I can't hit that fucking 7 wood I ebayed.

I love my hybrid, it's one of the clubs I hit the best. Unfortunately I don't get to use it too often unless I'm on a par 5. They're a lot more forgiving than woods. Even if I hit it off of the toe I'll end up with a pretty decent shot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm using the s flex 84g steel shaft on mine and I really like them. When I was looking of all of the sets I hit the two I liked the most were the Rocketbladez and the Mizuno JPX-800s. Both felt great but it seemed like I was hitting the TMades a little further and in slightly tighter bunches. The only reason I went with the TMade driver is because they knocked like 50% off if I got it with the iron set. Otherwise I probably would have gone with a Ping.

I think my favorite driver of all time were the Burners but TMade stopped making them.

I looked in the trunk...mine are the tour version of the bladez...slightly smaller head, maybe a tad less offset. I like the iron set up a lot...it came down to the Callaway X-hot Pro, Bladez Tour, and Cleveland 588 forged...the Callaways were slightly longer, but all 3 felt good. The TMs had just come down in price in preparation for the new irons they have out now...that sent me in their direction...off the rack doesn't work for me but they let me order them from TM to my specs and the $100 I saved went to a new 56 deg CLE 588.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After checking again my wedge is a SM4 not a SM5 (sorry for the mix up).

How do you like the 588? Do you have them cut the clubs down or have them angled differently? I have to get my putters cut down because 34 or 35 inches is too long for my stance. I like mine at around 32 1/2".

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After checking again my wedge is a SM4 not a SM5 (sorry for the mix up).

How do you like the 588? Do you have them cut the clubs down or have them angled differently? I have to get my putters cut down because 34 or 35 inches is too long for my stance. I like mine at around 32 1/2".

My iron specs are +.5" on length and 2 degs upright on lie, midsize grip (basically a standard with 1 wrap).

56 deg...588...love it so far...last of the forged heads I understand...the new 588STX is replacing it I hear.

Full swing everything grabs pretty quickly...PV1 & higher spinning balls will come back...just need more 90-100 yd approaches to hit more greens...the best wedge I've owned around the greens. On the hard fast greens I favor this over my 52 deg.

Will retire my Snake Eyes 60 deg and put another new wedge in...if I find a 588 forged I will get it.