• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EPL

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thread for discussing 2011 EPL! I know you unpatriotic, probably communist football fans are out there somewhere.

After the first couple games this year, its pretty clear that United, City and Chelsea are separating themselves from the pack quality-wise. Each of them added a lot of talent to already strong squads. Looking more closely though, it was City and Chelsea who have added the most, adding mostly proven players (and a superb coach) while United's additions were primarily young talent (along with Young).

Liverpool spent similarly huge sums of money, but seem to have overspent on a number of their recent additions, and are questionable as far as contenders. Arsenal needs players all over the pitch, while they have plenty of talent their squad is thin and susceptible to crises like they are currently suffering from.

Rest of the league doesn't even matter that much with regards to the title race. Tottenham has players but not enough money to compete - they have holes, not to mention wealthy vultures circling overhead for their best players. Everton has talent as well, but might be in a death spiral due to years of financial mismanagement and an apparent unattractiveness to potential buyers.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW, decided on this thread while watching United decimate Tottenham with a 2nd half onslaught. Fairly devastating squad, better than last year as long as DeGea doesn't fall on his face.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man U will win it. It looks pretty one sided to me. I fucking hate Arsenal too. Chelsea has too many good players it's unfair. I hope Liverpool pulls something out of their ass though

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds looking good thus far. Can't wait until Stevie G gets back. Hopefully they can plant Lucas' ass on the bench for quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Dempsey kicks ass like he has been doing all year

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ManU-L'Pool is quite an uneventful and close match so far.
Surprised Pool is keeping it so close. Of course with shameful diving like that from Adam maybe not...

as I type this Gerard scores a dinking but well placed swerver through the wall on the free kick after that dive...

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn I couldn't watch. Way too early. LOL @ Rooney being suspended though

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man City vs. Man U this weekend is going to be huge.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man City hold on to a 5 point lead over Man U with a solid win over the Wanders.

LOL at Chelsea

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked around and found this thread. Big EPL (Liverpool) fan myself.

Looks like things are getting interesting at the top now. After ManC lost to Chelsea on Monday there is only a 2 point gap between them and Man U. All teams will be playing 3 EPL games within 10 days starting Saturday and ending on Boxing Day (Dec. 26). Should make things interesting.

Fight for 4th place will get interesting as well. I think Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, and Liverpool will be fighting for 3rd and 4th as the season progresses. Newcastle is tanking right now.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Possible Chelsea will have shaken their early-season struggles to adapt to new system (partly by scrapping some of the new system), and dump aging vets/acquiring strong new players, in time to still make a big impact this season. They could bring in a new centerback, right winger, and defensive midfielder in January and really solidify the lineup.

The Manchesters certainly not looking as invincible as a month ago.....obviously United will struggle to cope with serious injury problems, while City is dealing with the usual infighting/grumbling/playing time issues.

Looks like my early season prediction on Tottenham was the most wrong of them all......made a number of cheap, impact additions and are supposedly playing the most entertaining soccer in the league (I haven't gotten to watch them more than once or twice).

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah w/e fuck those arsenal fegs

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible reffing gave ManU a victory of Man City in the FA cup.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible reffing gave ManU a victory of Man City in the FA cup.

Same exact thing happened last year. Man U vs. Liverpool in the FA Cup. Howard Webb gave a red card to Gerrard early then gave a terrible penalty that allowed Man U to go up 1-0. Which was the final score. I'm still bitter about it.

Howard-Webb-in-a-Manchester-United-Shirt-Babel.jpg