• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Emmanuel Sanders flipping into the endzone ...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching GT at ND reminded me that our coaches should emphasize to our players that celebrations are potentially hazardous. An Irish DB defended a pass in the endzone on third down right before halftime, forcing the Jackets to try a FG, which they missed. Unfortunately, before that kick was missed, the ND DB was taken off the field with a knee injury that he suffered celebrating his big play.

I know that football is an emotional game, but I don't want to see Sanders flipping into the endzone again. /end rant.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he never does again .. legally that should of been a penalty going to the ground ...

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he intended a flip on the way in - it was more like a dive ( which made sense ) and while airborne he - for some ungodly reason - decided to tuck and somersault in

It is an insane practice - entertaining, yes, but I don't care how much training a guy has or what shape he is in - a spine is pretty amazing but delicate piece of work . . .

Hope Manning don't get any ideas :)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn

the option to edit goes by too fast

"don't get any ideas"

???

WTF Lucas

lol

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let him have his fun, besides the chances of him injuring himself doing that are way way lower than getting injured fielding a punt so I don't see it as a big deal.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually come to like him fielding punts so far. A couple of penalties have eliminated a couple of nice returns by him but otherwise he is the one guy that has actually looked explosive and a guy at the same time that I trust to actually catch the ball. He doesn't seem to be taking any big chances as I saw him call for a fair catch that honestly he could have returned for 10 yards just running straight forward but I don't mind that as I know he will catch it.

As for the dive yeah I wasn't the biggest fan of it as I have seen plenty of guys get hurt doing that very thing. Honestly with Sanders injury is my biggest worry. He had so many injury issues with the Steelers and really the last two training camps he has missed most of it with different injuries. We need this guy that is very apparent. I would say he is maybe more valuable to us than that of DT.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Sanders has been established as the Broncos go to guy on 3rd down and Red Zone - opportunities - teams will have to rethink the double teams on DT -and when they do - whamo - DT becomes the that guy again.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching GT at ND reminded me that our coaches should emphasize to our players that celebrations are potentially hazardous. An Irish DB defended a pass in the endzone on third down right before halftime, forcing the Jackets to try a FG, which they missed. Unfortunately, before that kick was missed, the ND DB was taken off the field with a knee injury that he suffered celebrating his big play.

I know that football is an emotional game, but I don't want to see Sanders flipping into the endzone again. /end rant.

Tranquil has a history of knee issues. Talk about a weak knee there.

You should be able to jump up and celebrate in football IMO.

I really had no problem with that Emmanuel did only because I felt like he was diving across to be sure he scored, but at the same time he went maybe just a tad too far. Not sure that was a celebration I JUST SCORES more than a I want to make sure I get in there.

I agree players need to be careful, but jumping up like Tranquil did last night to celebrate is just tough luck with a guy with a history of bad knee injuries. While I don't want our guys being zombies after making a big play they do have to be careful about how much effort they put into these. I don't see much of an issue on our team like Billy Grammatica. That guy was over the top.

I think Von Miller has some stupid looking dances but they are harmless at least.

The other day when he was part of a bull rush sack I wasn't sure if he was thrusting dry air or what but I thought get a room buddy!

;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let him have his fun, besides the chances of him injuring himself doing that are way way lower than getting injured fielding a punt so I don't see it as a big deal.

Agree- Manny has always been a guy with heavy emotion and loves to please the fans.

I remember back to his rookie or 2nd year he did a similar thing where it was a bit different to me then this situation. Where nobody was gonna touch him and he did a flip like cart wheel in the EZ....

It's just part of Manny's game... He played that way in college. Hate to ask a player to change his excitement for the game.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez us. If I have to post how important it is to have a guy like Sanders fielding punts I'm going to cry. One ear and out the other I guess.