• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elway

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
If I am not mistaken, Mr Elway is looking for his 4th head coach in the 6 years he has been in charge. Seems to me a change in the GM should be called for in Denver

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if Peyton hadn't played for him, his QB history would be even worse than his head coaching hires.

he has a SB victory, though, so he's probably safe for a while

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with bofe y'all...he should be gone but it's hard to fire a legend who has been somewhat responsible for all three of your superbowl trophies.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a long leash based simply on him being treated as a god in Denver and luring Manning there to get them to 2 SB's and winning one. He will also get some credit for getting that defense built after the team got dismantled by the LOB in SB XLVIII. and getting them back there just 2 years later and winning.
He obviously needs to get his shit together regarding a coach and QB. I don't think the QB situation will be fixed soon though. Can we really say one of those guys out there will save this? Is he going to try and make some splash for a Foles, Flacco type? I can't see that ending well and this time next year, some of those fans that revere him will likely have questions too.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that the national perspective on Elway is that he gets a hall pass for the last two seasons, due to his legend status in Denver. I live in Denver and I can tell you that the majority of fans and the local sports talk jocks are all calling for his head. Of course there are some that will always believe in him because he's John Elway but that has shifted to a minority of knowledgeable fans in Denver. Elway had a very good draft class in 2018 and that will buy him another shot to fix this team but most believe this is his last ride if he can't turn it around fairly quickly.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am not mistaken, Mr Elway is looking for his 4th head coach in the 6 years he has been in charge. Seems to me a change in the GM should be called for in Denver
I made this thread a week ago

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that the national perspective on Elway is that he gets a hall pass for the last two seasons, due to his legend status in Denver. I live in Denver and I can tell you that the majority of fans and the local sports talk jocks are all calling for his head. Of course there are some that will always believe in him because he's John Elway but that has shifted to a minority of knowledgeable fans in Denver. Elway had a very good draft class in 2018 and that will buy him another shot to fix this team but most believe this is his last ride if he can't turn it around fairly quickly.
That's just the thing isn't it. Elway has shown he can draft and/or evaluate well everywhere except QB and HC, it appears.
Good post, btw, @MileHigh64 . It helps us out here on the outside get some perspective. I can see where the knowledgeable fans and pundits would be saying these things. I don't know. Maybe he makes the right move this year and saves his job.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fucking wretched.

He brought in Peyton and that was a good move, sale, whatever but nothing but trash since.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah thought the same when the Broncos season looked like it was not going to lead to the playoffs. Seems this guy is constantly trying to find a head coach and besides Manning has had an awful track record of quarterbacks coming to Denver. I'd imagine even with his legendary status, this has to be his last shot at hiring a coach.