• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eloy Shoulder

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mourning After: Eloy Jimenez Out for 5-6 Months - Sox On 35th

I'm more bullish on Vaughn in LF than this writer -because Robert covers LCF and CF and I don't think playing LF will cut into Vaughn's vaunted batting concentration.

The article does - give a soup to nuts description of the options (except no mention of Nick Williams who has played a ton this spring with good numbers for the Sox).
i concur. only hope he doesn't do stupid stuff like eloy out there. i also like him at first base.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree with this. I do like that Collins seems to have found his better swing and if so, we could use this improved bat in the lineup, especially being that he's a lefty. But to me, the problem with Vaughn manning the LF spot is that he's slow AF. A lot of balls will get by him or drop for hits when normally could be caught. Coupled with his lack of real-game experience, I'm not sure we're improved at all defensively at the position. If we're not going to replicate the run/hit production that Eloy provides, then we should take the next best step and try to offset the offensive loss with better run prevention. I'm still for Leury taking the spot, as he brings valuable defense along with a pretty decent stick.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree with this. I do like that Collins seems to have found his better swing and if so, we could use this improved bat in the lineup, especially being that he's a lefty. But to me, the problem with Vaughn manning the LF spot is that he's slow AF. A lot of balls will get by him or drop for hits when normally could be caught. Coupled with his lack of real-game experience, I'm not sure we're improved at all defensively at the position. If we're not going to replicate the run/hit production that Eloy provides, then we should take the next best step and try to offset the offensive loss with better run prevention. I'm still for Leury taking the spot, as he brings valuable defense along with a pretty decent stick.

Our marketing attempt to make possibilities seem like reality (ie Kopech/Vaughn are going to do/be this or that) is so potent that I'm certain our actual management believe to unhealthy extent....Just gotta let it play out on the field so reality can set in yay or nay. Then we'll adjust accordingly. Yay for being a mid-level budget team run by a CPA! The big dog spenders would make a move within a week of this kind of thing happening.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3