• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

El Galapago on his way back?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Montero is lighting it up in Tacoma, and it may be time to bring him up considering Hart's flexibility in RF. We talked about trade possibilities in Ichiro, but how about bringing up the Turtle to be our DH? He's earning his way back, and for as frustrating as he has been in the past its time to give him some props. We may just have that bat we need outside of a Morales or trade.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Montero is lighting it up in Tacoma, and it may be time to bring him up considering Hart's flexibility in RF. We talked about trade possibilities in Ichiro, but how about bringing up the Turtle to be our DH? He's earning his way back, and for as frustrating as he has been in the past its time to give him some props. We may just have that bat we need outside of a Morales or trade.

Doing steroids didn't work out very well for him, but becoming a muffin top apparently has. Who knew?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing steroids didn't work out very well for him, but becoming a muffin top apparently has. Who knew?

:lol:

Yeah, no doubt! I watched one of his recent three run dingers, and I have to admit, his swing looked effortless. The ball just jumped off of his bat, and just shows the raw power that he does have. Was a future DH worth Pineda, probably not. That deal is done so we might as well move on and take advantage of whatever it is that motivates this guy. Put a box of Little Debbies next to the seeds in the dugout for all I care. This kid has power and deserves to be the next guy up.

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Yeah, no doubt! I watched one of his recent three run dingers, and I have to admit, his swing looked effortless. The ball just jumped off of his bat, and just shows the raw power that he does have. Was a future DH worth Pineda, probably not. That deal is done so we might as well move on and take advantage of whatever it is that motivates this guy. Put a box of Little Debbies next to the seeds in the dugout for all I care. This kid has power and deserves to be the next guy up.

I'm not ready to concede the Montero/Pineda trade yet. We've gotten more out of Montero so far and from what I've read, Pineda is either already back on the DL or he will be soon.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice nickname :)

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to concede the Montero/Pineda trade yet. We've gotten more out of Montero so far and from what I've read, Pineda is either already back on the DL or he will be soon.

This seems like a cursed trade for all involved

For the Mariners:
Montero: PED Suspension, overweight and likely without a position

Noesi: DFA'd on his 3rd team this year already

For the Yankees:
Pineda: Missed two years with injuries. 10 game for suspension for pine tar and may have hurt himself in a sim game the other day.

Campos: underwent Tommy John surgery last week

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need to move Hart into the OF. Smaok isn't setting the world on fire, just bench or release him. Smoak has a .699 OPS overall (about .500 OPS since opening series). See if Montero can play 1B!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO just like Beltre he stopped roiding when he came to Seattle.

His power surge in AAA must be a sign of him getting back on the juice, we can only hope.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find myself almost ignoring AAA numbers. I have seen all to often a guy rake in Tacoma and come up to the bigs and do nothing. See guys like Nick Franklin or Almonte last year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find myself almost ignoring AAA numbers. I have seen all to often a guy rake in Tacoma and come up to the bigs and do nothing. See guys like Nick Franklin or Almonte last year.

That is the problem with the PCL, hitters tear it up and pitchers aren't very good. If you look at Paxton's performance in AAA there was no way to predict he would be anything more than a 4th of 5th starter in any MLB rotation. Thus far, he looks like he could be a number 2.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Montero can he still play some back up catcher here and there? If so then we can at least start him 3 times a week.

He can give Zunino a day off and start at catcher, he can give smoak a day off and start at first, and give Hart a day off (or when Hart plays RF) and start at DH

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Montero can he still play some back up catcher here and there? If so then we can at least start him 3 times a week.

He can give Zunino a day off and start at catcher, he can give smoak a day off and start at first, and give Hart a day off (or when Hart plays RF) and start at DH

My biggest concern is with his 40lb weight gain during the offseason if he still has the athleticism to play catcher. He was not very good at catching in the first place, combine that with the 40lb weight gain and not having played the position since 2013 and I'm not sure if you want him back there unless it's an emergency, or for an inning or two.

I do see what you're saying though, and it would appear that Montero could also offer us some value as a rotational player. If not at catcher, at 1B and DH.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is with his 40lb weight gain during the offseason if he still has the athleticism to play catcher. He was not very good at catching in the first place, combine that with the 40lb weight gain and not having played the position since 2013 and I'm not sure if you want him back there unless it's an emergency, or for an inning or two.

I do see what you're saying though, and it would appear that Montero could also offer us some value as a rotational player. If not at catcher, at 1B and DH.

LOL! You used the word 'Athleticism' in a Montero thread.