• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ekpe Udoh

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my count he has blocked 6 shots already against the Nuggets tonight. And it's only the 2nd Q.

Jesus.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he got consistent playing time at any position, he'd be legit. Start the kid and move along. Bieds is done.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he just had a legit center to play beside, he's be a legit PF.

Wrong! He needs to workout before he could be legit. You don't need a legit center to play the 4 effectively, it would help, though not needed.

It's so painful to watch him getting muscled by the bigger/stronger bigs in the league. That is the reason he's so bad at rebounding, he's too lazy to workout and get stronger, plus he has a low basketball IQ. It's fine that he has good timing to block shots, so did Brandon wright and Randolph. With more consistent pt he'd be exposed more, if anything I like him as a backup 4 right now. If he PUTS HIS MIND into being better, he could develop into a solid pf in the league, regardless of who he's playing alongside.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong! He needs to workout before he could be legit. You don't need a legit center to play the 4 effectively, it would help, though not needed.

It's so painful to watch him getting muscled by the bigger/stronger bigs in the league. That is the reason he's so bad at rebounding, he's too lazy to workout and get stronger, plus he has a low basketball IQ. It's fine that he has good timing to block shots, so did Brandon wright and Randolph. With more consistent pt he'd be exposed more, if anything I like him as a backup 4 right now. If he PUTS HIS MIND into being better, he could develop into a solid pf in the league, regardless of who he's playing alongside.

Yeah, they have a name for most of those guys...very technical....

They are called.....

CENTERS!!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they have a name for most of those guys...very technical....

They are called.....

CENTERS!!

Look around, there are big 4's as well. Let's go with a few off the top, Duncan, Big Baby, Bass, Boozer,Millsap, Brand, Faried and Love to name a few.

He needs to get stronger to be a better inside force. His rebounding position depends on it. A few blocks isn't enough to be considered a good pf.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how people throw out claims like "he's lazy" or "low basketball IQ" without any evidence at all. There haven't been any reports that he's not putting in the time or effort to get better. If you've watched him recently you'll see that he's not getting out muscled. He may be getting worked by post moves in the paint, but you can attribute that to being schooled by a veteran. He's a second year player, who missed all of last years training camp and half the season, and had a shortened training camp this year as well.

Udoh's lack of rebounding isn't because he's out of position. Most times he's actually in better position than most, boxing his man out. What you also don't factor in, is the amount of times he's drawn out of position, by his teammates getting beat and him having to leave to help. David Lee's rebounding totals are inflated because he never offers any weakside help or defend his man well enough to let someone else do the same.

I don't know if Udoh will ever be a starter, but I think he's going to be a solid guy off the bench. He can produce, and he needs to get better at some things, but he's by far our best defender already.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look around, there are big 4's as well. Let's go with a few off the top, Duncan, Big Baby, Bass, Boozer,Millsap, Brand, Faried and Love to name a few.

He needs to get stronger to be a better inside force. His rebounding position depends on it. A few blocks isn't enough to be considered a good pf.

Dude, you know NOTHING about Epke's workout regimen. You know NOTHING about his body type and whether he even CAN add lots of weight. Basically, you piled supposition on top of supposition and are trying to pass it off as reasoned analysis.

Go the fuck away.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you know NOTHING about Epke's workout regimen. You know NOTHING about his body type and whether he even CAN add lots of weight. Basically, you piled supposition on top of supposition and are trying to pass it off as reasoned analysis.

Go the fuck away.

First off, you might want to relax, I'm not sure if you're as tough as you type, I have no problem finding out though.

Second off, the one thing that I KNOW FOR SURE about his workout regimen is that he came back this season with no added muscle. It was really disappointing too, as a fan, I was really looking forward to him holding down the 5.

To me, it's not so much about adding lots of weight, it's about adding strength. He doesn't look or play any stronger than he did his rookie season, after missing a huge part of camp and the season.

As far as what I "piled on", it wasn't meant to be anything other than my opinion (as a fan) of a player that I took a liking to and expected to come into this season a bit more productive in the paint. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how people throw out claims like "he's lazy" or "low basketball IQ" without any evidence at all. There haven't been any reports that he's not putting in the time or effort to get better. If you've watched him recently you'll see that he's not getting out muscled. He may be getting worked by post moves in the paint, but you can attribute that to being schooled by a veteran. He's a second year player, who missed all of last years training camp and half the season, and had a shortened training camp this year as well.

Udoh's lack of rebounding isn't because he's out of position. Most times he's actually in better position than most, boxing his man out. What you also don't factor in, is the amount of times he's drawn out of position, by his teammates getting beat and him having to leave to help. David Lee's rebounding totals are inflated because he never offers any weakside help or defend his man well enough to let someone else do the same.

I don't know if Udoh will ever be a starter, but I think he's going to be a solid guy off the bench. He can produce, and he needs to get better at some things, but he's by far our best defender already.

I'm not sure that the bold is saying much, come on.

I will say that he has been playing real well as of late. I really hope he builds on it and continues too work. I really expected a lot from him after his semi splash last season.

What cracks me up about your post the most is that it came after he played a couple of really good games. This thread has been up for a while now and you just add this.

Let me ask you though, do you think he's added muscle? Does he look or play stronger than he did last season in your eyes? Do you think he would be better on the boards if he was stronger? How about this one, if his basketball IQ was so high do you think he'd keep being drawn out of position? Do you see high IQ players just swatting at everything to the point where they're out of position all the time or do you see them getting 3 blocks and 10 boards a game?

I like Udoh, in a thread at the beginning of the season I told another poster that I'm glad that we drafted him over Monroe (based on expectation after last season), I've since retracted on that comment.

I do really hope that Udoh becomes a Hall of Fame player though (for the Warriors).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, you might want to relax, I'm not sure if you're as tough as you type, I have no problem finding out though.

Second off, the one thing that I KNOW FOR SURE about his workout regimen is that he came back this season with no added muscle. It was really disappointing too, as a fan, I was really looking forward to him holding down the 5.

To me, it's not so much about adding lots of weight, it's about adding strength. He doesn't look or play any stronger than he did his rookie season, after missing a huge part of camp and the season.

As far as what I "piled on", it wasn't meant to be anything other than my opinion (as a fan) of a player that I took a liking to and expected to come into this season a bit more productive in the paint. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first.

Dude, he's NOT A CENTER. He's a PF. He played so little last year that you can't even compare that to this year.

He'll be fine as soon as we get a legit C to play with him. And again, you have no idea how strong he is compared to last year. You are floating out opinions based on little more than what you see on TV.

What's next, are you going to psychoanalyze him from your sofa?

:arg:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that the bold is saying much, come on.

I will say that he has been playing real well as of late. I really hope he builds on it and continues too work. I really expected a lot from him after his semi splash last season.

What cracks me up about your post the most is that it came after he played a couple of really good games. This thread has been up for a while now and you just add this.

Let me ask you though, do you think he's added muscle? Does he look or play stronger than he did last season in your eyes? Do you think he would be better on the boards if he was stronger? How about this one, if his basketball IQ was so high do you think he'd keep being drawn out of position? Do you see high IQ players just swatting at everything to the point where they're out of position all the time or do you see them getting 3 blocks and 10 boards a game?

I like Udoh, in a thread at the beginning of the season I told another poster that I'm glad that we drafted him over Monroe (based on expectation after last season), I've since retracted on that comment.

I do really hope that Udoh becomes a Hall of Fame player though (for the Warriors).

I don't understand how you find the date of my response funny. I responded to the post you wrote a few days ago.

So your saying, in regards to Udoh being drawn out of position because of the lack of defense from his teammates, that he should just hold his position, and forget about any sort of help defense? For a big man, as long as his man doesn't score, that's good defense to you? If that's what you think, then there's no use arguing anything else on this topic.

No I don't think he'd be better on the boards if he was stronger. Rebounding is about positioning and awareness. I'm not saying Udoh couldn't benefit from being stronger, but to say he's a weak rebounder because he's not strong enough is just plainly incorrect.

Lastly if he wasn't being out muscled in the first place, why is it so important from your perspective that he add MORE muscle? How many years have we heard about Biedrins gaining X amount of muscle in the off season? Biedrins should be world class by now right? There are other facets to his game, which you can tell he's improved. Last year he wasn't able to go inside and get a bucket but occasionally does now. He couldn't hit an outside shot but now he can hit that wing jumper. He's changing the game on the interior and picking up confidence on the offensive end.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, he's NOT A CENTER. He's a PF. He played so little last year that you can't even compare that to this year.

He'll be fine as soon as we get a legit C to play with him. And again, you have no idea how strong he is compared to last year. You are floating out opinions based on little more than what you see on TV.

What's next, are you going to psychoanalyze him from your sofa?

:arg:

You keep saying he's not a center, I'm not sure why? He played a ton of center last season (more than half of the season). I agree that he'll make a good 4, just after he gets stronger. I'm not sure what you see that shows that he has gotton stronger from last season, I just don't see it? I'm hoping he does though, I think he can be a good player.

The biggest thing that I wanted to psychoanalyze from my sofa is you relaxing when you talk to me though. That last post before this one made you seem like you were getting a little excited or too comfortable. I'm glad you toned it down. It's not good to poke at the tigers.

:nono:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how you find the date of my response funny. I responded to the post you wrote a few days ago.

So your saying, in regards to Udoh being drawn out of position because of the lack of defense from his teammates, that he should just hold his position, and forget about any sort of help defense? For a big man, as long as his man doesn't score, that's good defense to you? If that's what you think, then there's no use arguing anything else on this topic.

No I don't think he'd be better on the boards if he was stronger. Rebounding is about positioning and awareness. I'm not saying Udoh couldn't benefit from being stronger, but to say he's a weak rebounder because he's not strong enough is just plainly incorrect.

Lastly if he wasn't being out muscled in the first place, why is it so important from your perspective that he add MORE muscle? How many years have we heard about Biedrins gaining X amount of muscle in the off season? Biedrins should be world class by now right? There are other facets to his game, which you can tell he's improved. Last year he wasn't able to go inside and get a bucket but occasionally does now. He couldn't hit an outside shot but now he can hit that wing jumper. He's changing the game on the interior and picking up confidence on the offensive end.

It did help Andris, then he became a double double guy, afterwards he lost focus (probably let the fat contract get to him).

I'm also not sure which Udoh you seen last season that couldn't hit a jumper, that was his shot ever since he was at Baylor.

I really don't want to go back and forth, I just want you to think about the bold part of what you posted in regards to basketball IQ, plus added strength.

I really hope he continues to improve while he's still a Warrior, I think he has physical talent.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of skimmed your post and missed this part. Let me respond to it now though. You're right about help defense, I'm just not sure where you get the idea that my thought of defense is only not letting the other player score. I just don't think it's good help defense to always run, leave your feet trying to swat at everything.

I just want him to get better because last season him and Lee started to look good at the 4 and 5, I think they can interchange and still be effective.

Lastly, I'm not sure why you use the word argue? I was stating my opinion and thought you were doing the same.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of skimmed your post and missed this part. Let me respond to it now though. You're right about help defense, I'm just not sure where you get the idea that my thought of defense is only not letting the other player score. I just don't think it's good help defense to always run, leave your feet trying to swat at everything.

I just want him to get better because last season him and Lee started to look good at the 4 and 5, I think they can interchange and still be effective.

Lastly, I'm not sure why you use the word argue? I was stating my opinion and thought you were doing the same.

I think debating, would have been a better choice of wording. I didn't mean to come off as though it were an actual argument. My bad.

I'm in total agreement in regards to his rebounding totals, I just felt compelled to call out that his need to help often draws him out of ideal rebounding position. David Lee puts up gaudy rebound totals, but is no where near half the defender Udoh is. I stand by that positioning and awareness is the key to rebounding. It's just hard to stay your ground, when you have to make up for the flaws of your teammates. Eventually each player has to make a decision and I'd much rather Udoh attempt to make a move on the ball to protect the paint than hold his man off to get a rebound. That's what he was drafted to do.

Lets face it, everyone in the NBA could use strength. But your argument was because Udoh didn't add strength he was lazy. This has kind of taken off on a different tangent, but I was trying to point out that you can't use that as a barometer of work ethic.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Udoh is the man. Looks like our C for the rest of the season. He's actually the perfect compliment to NoD Lee. Hopefully he gets his knee ready for mañana.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Udoh is the man. Looks like our C for the rest of the season. He's actually the perfect compliment to NoD Lee. Hopefully he gets his knee ready for mañana.

A front court of all 6'9" players with a back court of a couple of 6'3" shooters? Why not? It's definitely the best team they can put out there talent and athleticism-wise.