• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EJ Manuel

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Texans land him in 4th round, but I know they won't.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
for NFL QB's, it still starts with your ability to pass. if i was going to draft another QB, i'd start with his ability to pass. if he happens to run well, then better yet.

wouldn't go into the QB pool looking for an atheletic QB, hoping his passing will improve. Kap's running ability is clearly a weapon, but it is still his ability to pass that makes him really dangerous.

if Tolzien can pass WELL, then i'm fine with him. our offense will adjust and work well even without the ZR.

We're talking about the mid to late rounds. Are there a lot of QBs in the mid to late rounds that don't need to improve their passing?

I'm not talking about drafting a RB and teaching him to throw. I'm talking about taking a college QB that has had some success throwing the ball and is also a very good athlete.

So here are a few questions deep.

1. Are you happy with Scott Tolzien as our #2 QB next year?

2. Would you like our backup QB to be capable of running the same offense as Kaep, or would you like to get a Tyler Bray type who is a good thrower but a statue?

Also deep, EJ Manuel completed 68% of his passes this year, threw for 3300 yards at 8.8 ypa, 23 TDs and 10 INTs. Do you think there might be a little passing talent there?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is the best I could do. I got this from the people at ESPN Stats and Info:

- Kaepernick has only been TOUCHED 6 times on 55 option calls since becoming the starter (Less than 1/game).

- Opposing defenses have 0 hits on Kaepernick on the 41 plays he's handed it off on option plays. (Parcells, among many others, have said that teams need to start blasting him, within the rules, even as he hands it off).

- On zone read plays this season the 49ers rushers haven't even been contacted until an average of 5.9 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Thanks pozz, I saw you had posted these in another thread. It was more of a rhetorical question for deep who was stating conclusions without any evidence to back it up.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks pozz, I saw you had posted these in another thread. It was more of a rhetorical question for deep who was stating conclusions without any evidence to back it up.

no, I didn't state any conclusions.