• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EDDIE DEBARTALO

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is he able to come back to the Niners as part owner ever again? Just a question. I think the team is headed in the right direction with Jed, Harbaugh and even Baalke, we cant hit on all draft picks and no team does.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he was only barred from active control of the 49ers for one year, which lasted from 2000-2001. When he signed the team over to his sister to avoid being forced to sell the 49ers, she and her husband decided to keep power for their own reasons. Not much point in speculating about the why's, what's, and who's with their motives, although it centers on greed no doubt.

Eddie DeBartelo Jr. is never going to be the owner of the 49ers again, the Yorks own it and Jed will eventually be the Owner when his parents die, and then he'll own it until he gives it to his own children and so on. If you see Eddie DeBartelo as an owner again, it'll be of another team... I think Eddie said he'd like to buy the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and I believe he was involved with one of the groups trying to build a stadium in Los Angeles at some time.. or maybe he was in one of the groups who tried to buy the Rams??

In the end, there isn't much point in hoping Eddie DeBartelo will get the team back... at this point it's Jed's team. He's passionate about running the team and getting the team back to where it was when he was a kid in the 80s. Even with his inexperience, that is a hell of a lot better than Dr. and Denise York with their disinterested style of ownership. Spending more time away from the team than managing it, and treating it more as an asset that made them one of the elite 31.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agree.

i'd rather continue what we started now, and its easy to forget Harbaugh and Staff just started on this team about 3 months ago.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agree.

i'd rather continue what we started now, and its easy to forget Harbaugh and Staff just started on this team about 3 months ago.

With the team in Jed's hands I think we will be good to go from here on out. He had his hurdles and learning lesson but thats life and he countered on his next move with advise from hs favorite uncle Eddie D. Jed is only 30 some of us are trying to manage a fantasy team and are having trouble this guys has a real life team/organization and fans counting on him. He's passionate and he's growing.