• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ECF Game 1 Hab's vs Flyer's GNT:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Well this game is pretty much a copy of Game one of the Habs/Pens series. Montreal letting guys stand in front of the net and screen their goalie. Maybe that's because the Flyers are so "dominant".

That's what the Caps and Pens failed to do. It is how the Flyer's will win against Halak!

as DE said, it's exactly what the Pens did against the habs, but only for game 1.
I'm not sure how the Habs adjusted out of it (blocked more shots, made Hal Gill angry), but all of the Pens goals in game 1 were with bodies in front as well.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not really. All Flyers goals were rebounds or screens. Score really flattered the Flyers tonight

Nah DE, it was an ass kicking for sure.

The Flyers completely outworked, outplayed and outhustled the Habs who looked like they didn't even show up.

I don't know how you can say it wasn't really an ass kicking. They beat them 6-0.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so i guess they should keep doing it.

Yep, the Habs looked confused and overwhelmed by the forecheck.

So now it's their turn to adjust and I'm not so sure if they have the personnel to go toe to toe with the Flyers. Their game is to clog up the neutral zone and keep all the shots to the outside. Problem with that is the Flyers go to the net hard to a man and their defense is arguably the best of all 4 teams left in the playoffs.

So as long as the Flyers are on the attack I really don't think the Habs stand a chance. The only way is if they actually start generating their own forecheck because the Flyers are vigorous on theirs and they'll eat the Habs up if the series keeps going that way.

The reason the Habs had success against the Caps and Pens was because they protected the front of their net extremely well, they blocked a lot of shots, took advantage of some soft plays and breakdowns plus Halak was unbelievable on top of that. The Flyers aren't going to make it easy for the Habs or Halak and their blueline is a lot better then either of the previous 2 teams the Habs played. That's the difference and the Flyers are probably a more balanced team up front as well.

But yeah, if the Flyers keep doing what they've been doing the last 5 games now then they'll be tough for the Habs to handle.

Last edited by a moderator:

larry70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep, the Habs looked confused and overwhelmed by the forecheck.

So now it's their turn to adjust and I'm not so sure if they have the personnel to go toe to toe with the Flyers. Their game is to clog up the neutral zone and keep all the shots to the outside. Problem with that is the Flyers go to the net hard to a man and their defense is arguably the best of all 4 teams left in the playoffs.

So as long as the Flyers are on the attack I really don't think the Habs stand a chance. The only way is if they actually start generating their own forecheck because the Flyers are vigorous on theirs and they'll eat the Habs up if the series keeps going that way.

The reason the Habs had success against the Caps and Pens was because they protected the front of their net extremely well, they blocked a lot of shots, took advantage of some soft plays and breakdowns plus Halak was unbelievable on top of that. The Flyers aren't going to make it easy for the Habs or Halak and their blueline is a lot better then either of the previous 2 teams the Habs played. That's the difference and the Flyers are probably a more balanced team up front as well.

But yeah, if the Flyers keep doing what they've been doing the last 5 games now then they'll be tough for the Habs to handle.

true that, urkie