• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waiting for those to defend the NBA like this isn't some joke of a competition.

At ethey going to tell me the 90s were the same way when the Bulls dominated? False. Bulls actually had battles in the East and so did Utah and Seattle from the West.

Yeah, bet you can't wait for those 68-3 nailbiters to start pouring in once college FB starts up again.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celts ONLY down 16.
Worst perforance by any #1 a series in the history of the NBA?

Definitely the worst #1 seed in history bar none. No teams comes close to their mediocrity

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to see a competitive NBA game? Watch the All Star game in February and then watch the Cavs/Warriors NBA Finals in June. Sad thing is, the All Star game is only competitive because no defense is played.

So really, the NBA has 2 weeks in the month of June to show us any meaningful and competitive product.

How many times are you going to keep saying the same thing?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just waiting for Charles to go off on how pathetic these NBA teams are. He's held back quite a bit. Maybe waiting for the season to end

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so awesome about the NBA. Is once their two precious All Star teams sweep, we wait 8 days until game 1 of the Finals.

Excellent, excellent scheduling. by day 7 we are all going to be sick of Warriors/Cav pre game talk that the series will feel like its been going on for 3 years.

oh wait.....it has.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami sucks is pretty much my point.

Won 41 games and missed the playoffs and you're talking about the top seed in the East who is in the ECF, losing to a team that any Celtics fan would have told you would beat them in this series.

Not necessarily talking about you. But there is a lot of utter nonsense being talked by a few folks here.

So Celts are great cause they were 4-0 vs the Heat even though it was the early season bad Heat, but the Heat suck even though they were 3-0 late season vs the team absolutely toying with your boys?

Ok.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Celts are great cause they were 4-0 vs the Heat even though it was the early season bad Heat, but the Heat suck even though they were 3-0 late season vs the team absolutely toying with your boys?

Ok.

I take it back. I was necessarily talking about you.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so awesome about the NBA. Is once their two precious All Star teams sweep, we wait 8 days until game 1 of the Finals.

Excellent, excellent scheduling. by day 7 we are all going to be sick of Warriors/Cav pre game talk that the series will feel like its been going on for 3 years.

oh wait.....it has.

WILL agree that long of a wait is a joke...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we all knew from the start. But for both teams to start 11-0??? Utterly pathetic
Bad look for the NBA. They deserve it to let these super teams form. NBA is a joke and its been a joke for awhile especially the East. This is the worst the West has been in awhile. I put money on cavs and GS from the start. I said it months ago the NBA is pointless until the Finals.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no teams improve next year to compete with the Cavs and warriors, they need to seriously do away with the playoffs next year Who's gonna watch another year of the Cavs going 12-0 to the finals once again? People are gonna tune off until June

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cavs are playing extremely well. I do think they're relying why too much on the 3s. The warriors not only shoot 3s, but they have great ball movement to set up backdoor screens as well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides watching the bulls i have now watched a complete 4-5 games overall. Its been bad. I usually watch almost every game. This is so ugly its not even funny. I rather watch anything else.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cavs are playing extremely well. I do think they're relying why too much on the 3s. The warriors not only shoot 3s, but they have great ball movement to set up backdoor screens as well.

Exactly. This really isn't all that impressive by the Cavs. You got some hot shooters. But they're not necessarily taking all great looks and this isn't sustainable basketball.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the NBA and their Finals is becoming CBB and March Madness. Soon, no one will even follow the NBA until the Finals just like CBB and March Madness.

NBA ratings have been awful all year (Yes blame it on the Election that ended in November, week 3 of the NBA..........................) But the NBA is banking that the Finals goes 7 games and have the highest rating of all time for any NBA games so they can come back and say "see told you we are fine"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to see a competitive NBA game? Watch the All Star game in February and then watch the Cavs/Warriors NBA Finals in June. Sad thing is, the All Star game is only competitive because no defense is played.

So really, the NBA has 2 weeks in the month of June to show us any meaningful and competitive product.
Cavs/Warriors prob isnt changing anytime soon either.

Would you bet against it right now for next year? and even the year after?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. This really isn't all that impressive by the Cavs. You got some hot shooters. But they're not necessarily taking all great looks and this isn't sustainable basketball.
i think the Celtics are actually playing some pretty decent team ball at times- some good ball movement. The plus of Thomas going down is that they move the ball/share the ball a lot better with him off the court. In previous games where the Cavs and Celtics played the Celtics went on runs a lot when Thomas was on the bench because the sharing of the ball just went up a ton.

Cavs are playing solid ball- i think the Celtics are def. playing the best they have out of the 3 games thus far. They have actually showed a little toughness and some ball movement on offense. 5 guys on the Celtics have at least 2 assists.....they are moving the ball pretty well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celts have hit most of their open shots- are 39% from 3 and have hit 7 of them- which is miles better than the first two games.