• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find the post where I said the Cavs couldn't or wouldn't play this level of defense and I'll apologize. Otherwise, mind your business.
I can most likely can find a post where you said that they can't flip the switch.

Which is what my post was about, to begin with.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the most finals watched in the history of the game.

Yes I think it's good for the game.

And ratings all year dropped substantially.

Good effort tho

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can most likely can find a post where you said that they can't flip the switch.

Which is what my post was about, to begin with.

No you can't. I never said they couldn't. I said that sometimes when a team tries to flip the switch, the lights don't come on. I even pointed out that the Shaq/Kobe Lakers tried it twice and it worked the first time, but not the 2nd.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy should be here after he takes his shower.

He might of gotten a little excited watching this abortion.

th

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can't. I never said they couldn't. I said that sometimes when a team tries to flip the switch, the lights don't come on. I even pointed out that the Shaq/Kobe Lakers tried it twice and it worked the first time, but not the 2nd.

Oh ok, apologies

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shocker...

Marv Albert just said a portion of the crowd was starting to leave....

upload_2017-5-19_22-23-42.png

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL........

this is pretty hilarious.

well....

i thought with the improved East the Cavs wouldnt replicate their 12-2 records through the East the last 2 years.

I mean- Its pretty clear that all the crap about the Cavs defense towards the end of the regular season- was just what i said it was--- totally irrelevant.- wouldnt matter in the playoffs.

This team is playing great ball right now.

I just hope they finish it in 4 games and have time to prepare for their biggest challenge--- LeBron will have an opportunity to really push his name into GOAT territory if he can pull it off.

As i have said- this LeBron James is the hardest LeBron James to beat 4 out of 7.

Reactions: TJL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok, apologies

:suds:

Obviously, I don't like Cavs or Lebron. Or maybe better stated, I don't like the cavs because I don't like Lebron. But I also have no problem acknowledging how good both Lebron and the Cavs are.

I always give an honest assessment of what I see re: their strengths and weaknesses, regardless of whether or not I like them. That holds true for any team...including my Lakers.

Reactions: TJL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is about as negative as you got--- and i agree that you never said you thought they would lose in the East- you said they were a "bit vulnerable" in the East becuase of their defense---

Actually, they are a bit vulnerable in the East. I don't expect it to cost them a series though other than it may very well cost them as far as having to play Lebron, Kyrie and Love extended minutes and it may mean that 1 or 2 of their series goes longer than it would if they were playing defense like they did last year.

The last 2 seasons, I think virtually everyone would have been in complete shock if the Cavs had lost before the finals. If it were to happen this year, it would be surprising, but not to the level of last year and that's 100% because of the defense.

--

No it isn't. As I already pointed out, the Cavs are vulnerable because of their defense. Or do you deny the stats that prove it?

But they are still the best team in the East.

If they played in the West, I would predict them to not make it out of the West, because they wouldn't be the best team in the that conference.

It really is that simple.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL........

this is pretty hilarious.

well....

i thought with the improved East the Cavs wouldnt replicate their 12-2 records through the East the last 2 years.

I mean- Its pretty clear that all the crap about the Cavs defense towards the end of the regular season- was just what i said it was--- totally irrelevant.- wouldnt matter in the playoffs.

This team is playing great ball right now.

I just hope they finish it in 4 games and have time to prepare for their biggest challenge--- LeBron will have an opportunity to really push his name into GOAT territory if he can pull it off.

As i have said- this LeBron James is the hardest LeBron James to beat 4 out of 7.

This is worse than the Memorial Day Massacre the Celtics put on the Lakers back in the 80's.

I want to switch to the Dodgers game, but I have such a morbid curiosity about how bad this could get that I can't change the damn channel. :L

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to tell how good the Cavs are playing because they played 2 straight teams that were bad. And A Celtics team that hasn't showed up since the tip off of Game 1. Cavs could beat all three of the teams they played half assing it going at 50 percent. They are just BAD teams. Pure and simple.

We'll see how well the Cavs are playing when they played a good motivated team. The East isn't exactly much of a warmup for the the NBA finals against the top west team

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the 2004 team lost Malone, which was a huge loss.

rasheed destroyed Medvedenko in that finals series.

would've been a far different series with Malone out there.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs rolled into The Garden and laid a Cleveland Steamer and a Boston Pancake right on the Celtics. This game broadcast should be X rated.