• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

East > West?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 30 games... The West has been on top for at least a decade. it's going to take longer than a portion of the first half of a season to make me suddenly change my opinion.

This isn't a life time achievement award. Conferences are judged based season to season. Currently in the 2015-2016 NBA season, The East is the better overall conference from top to bottom aka the deeper conference. The West is better at the top so far but that's about it

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a life time achievement award. Conferences are judged based season to season. Currently in the 2015-2016 NBA season, The East is the better overall conference from top to bottom aka the deeper conference. The West is better at the top so far but that's about it
Okay so less then halfway through a season, the Eastern Conference has mediocre teams sporting decent records. Again the West has dominated for a decade now. History tells me not to jump on anything just yet. Heck 10 games from now who knows what the standings look like. That's how close everything is at the moment.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so less then halfway through a season, the Eastern Conference has mediocre teams sporting decent records. Again the West has dominated for a decade now. History tells me not to jump on anything just yet. Heck 10 games from now who knows what the standings look like. That's how close everything is at the moment.

True that things could shift, but at this point whoever the 8 seed in the West is looks like they'll be a steaming pile of crap. The East will leave out some decent teams in the playoffs. You could still argue the West is better due to the top teams being so dominant and some other usual top teams underperforming that are likely to turn it around, but I have to say at this point of the year the East is more balanced and deep.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that things could shift, but at this point whoever the 8 seed in the West is looks like they'll be a steaming pile of crap. The East will leave out some decent teams in the playoffs. You could still argue the West is better due to the top teams being so dominant and some other usual top teams underperforming that are likely to turn it around, but I have to say at this point of the year the East is more balanced and deep.
I'm not debating that the East looks better at this point, I'm saying the West is the better conference until I have more data to analyze.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gonna depend on whether teams like the Clippers, Rockets, Grizzlies, & Pelicans get their act together or not.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gonna depend on whether teams like the Clippers, Rockets, Grizzlies, & Pelicans get their act together or not.

I gave up on the Pelicans. Houston and Clippers will be fine. Grizzlies I'm unsure about

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC, SAS, and GSW seem to be better than anyone in the East not named Cleveland.
Houston has finally gotten its head out of its ass. The will win 50 games.

The Clippers are still a good team, but they have so many losses to GSW, SAS, and OKC that it makes their overall record look much worse.

Only the Grizzlies and Suns are truly looking like they are never going to put it together.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC, SAS, and GSW seem to be better than anyone in the East not named Cleveland.

The Clippers are still a good team, but they have so many losses to GSW, SAS, and OKC that it makes their overall record look much worse.

Only the Grizzlies and Suns are truly looking like they are never going to put it together.

0-6 vs GS, SAS, OKC, & HOU. Funny thing is they played their 3 best games of the season vs GSW and SAS

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, a lot of it is teams in the West dealing with early injuries. I expect that by the end of the season, things will look a lot different.

All that one needs to know about the East is that all 4 of the Lakers wins are against Eastern Conference teams. :heh:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West has 5 teams that I think will turn it around/get it going or have been great so far in GSW, SAS, OKC, LAC, and HOU. Grizz I think should be good for 45 or so wins, but their offense is pretty bad and their defense hasn't been as great as it normally is. The Mavs are an interesting team, around the middle of the league in PPG and PPG allowed but 4th place. I still have them finishing in the mix of possible 7-8 seed teams with the Jazz, Suns, Nuggets, TWolves, and Blazers rather than as a top 4 team in the West. Right now I'd say the 8 playoff teams would be GSW/SAS/OKC/LAC/HOU/MEM/DAL/UTAH with the first 3 as the only true championship contenders. I went into the season thinking 5 teams could win the West and now it's hard to see the Spurs and Warriors not facing off in the WCF.
As far as the East, I'd go with CLE/MIA/ATL/IND/TOR/CHI/DET/CHA in the playoffs with the Heat being the only team I could see stopping the Cavs from a return trip to the NBA finals.

Last edited:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We haven't had it together since Steve Nash was in a Suns uniform, this shouldn't come as a shock.

I just think the 8 seed (Jazz or Suns) is going to be a very easy 4-0 sweep for Golden State.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sold on the Mavs at all. If I were a playoff team I'd love to face them in the first round.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I see Dij is going through my posts rating them all Bullshit. Is there anything in my first post in this thread that isn't right? It's all stats that are entirely accurate. @HurricanDij39, you're one shook bitch.