• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles sign LeSean McCoy to a 5-year extension worth maximum $45M, 20.765M guaranteed

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
according to La Canfora. He had one year remaining so he is signed through 2017. Arian Foster got 22.5M guaranteed over 5 years, according to Adam Caplan.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Paul Domowitch:

Breakdown on McCoy deal: $8.5M SB. Bases: $615G in '12, $3.25M in '13, $8M in '14, $10.25M in '15, $7.15M in '16, $7.85M in '17.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andrew Brandt:

Reports of McCoy guarantee in 21M range, similar to Arian Foster and DeAngelo Williams. Not in Johnson/Peterson neighborhood.

---------

Reuben Frank:

At $9m per year, Shady is 3rd-highest-paid RB in NFL behind Adrian Peterson [$14.21 million / year] and Chris Johnson [$13.49 million / yr.]

-------------

Paul Domowitch:

The $20.765M guaranteed money in McCoy deal is a ``hard'' guarantee, guaranteed for both skill and injury. . .

-----------------

Adam Caplan:

The Foster and McCoy deal, as noted earlier, are very similar in structure. Difference is, Foster got a larger signing bonus.

Foster's first two years of base salaries are fully guaranteed. It appears McCoy's first three years are fully guaranteed.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte's to come next?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Forte's to come next?

If I had to pick between Forte, Rice and Jones-Drew, who is under contract but is unhappy and skipping voluntary workouts, my guess would be that Rice is the next one that gets a long-term contract. Only a guess.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Forte situation is puzzling to me. He is CHI Frank Gore. Forte has been carrying the offensive load for that team throughout his career and even while unhappy with his contract last season he played through it and got himself hurt. Instead of paying the man, they overspent for Michael Bush, an injury risk in his own right. Doesn't make any sense. Forte is a BEAST.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see all three get paid. They have been three of the better backs in the league consistently over the past few years.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Forte situation is puzzling to me. He is CHI Frank Gore. Forte has been carrying the offensive load for that team throughout his career and even while unhappy with his contract last season he played through it and got himself hurt. Instead of paying the man, they overspent for Michael Bush, an injury risk in his own right. Doesn't make any sense. Forte is a BEAST.

Pretty good points, imo.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree! PAY the man!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One hell of an argument, I'm ready to join the mob against Chicago's front office.
:lm:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also would llke to see all three of them get paid. They all deserve it. But the disrespect they show for Forte when he has been the heart and soul of that team is ust mindboggling. Where would the bears have been last season without him?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Forte has been carrying the offensive load for that team throughout his career

I don't agree with this part. Cutler has been carrying that offense as much as Forte has IMO. He's one of the most underappreciated QBs in the league. No OL, no receivers.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this assessment, but i think MJD is more valuable at this point. He has been carrying the load as well (without getting injured much might i add) and with an unproven like Gabbert, they need him more than ever. Cutler now has Michael Bush, Brandon Marshall, and Alshon Jeffery (who may or may not be a factor). Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco are leaps and bounds above Gabbert right now. Still, they all deserve to get paid.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, Cutler turns the ball over WAY too much to say he's carrying that team. Since joining them he has 17 fumbles and 49 ints in 3 seasons. Not saying that this is all his fault since he never had a ton of weapons but you also can't go the other way and give him all the credit for "carrying the team".