• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles @ Niners Pre Game Thread

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Niners winning this game ... at their place, they are a more desperate team and we have a reshuffled OL. While every game is important, this wouldn't be a huge loss if we can't pull it out. The Niners can't fall that far behind Seattle if they have any hope of winning that division; not to mention Arizona is 3-0. If the Eagles pull out this one you will start to hear the national hype train on them power up.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Foles comes out of this game not injured. I'm concerned about pass protection vs a blitzing D line of Frisco. Smith is a huge loss which helps us. Willis is still a pest however.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO EAGLES!!!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Niners winning this game ... at their place, they are a more desperate team and we have a reshuffled OL. While every game is important, this wouldn't be a huge loss if we can't pull it out. The Niners can't fall that far behind Seattle if they have any hope of winning that division; not to mention Arizona is 3-0. If the Eagles pull out this one you will start to hear the national hype train on them power up.

This will be a tough challenge. Eagles will find a way to win!

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gut feel, Niners need this win so bad they win by 7+ Birds traveling, beat up OLine, suspect D.... if they can get ANY pressure on Foles, I think they 9ers win this game and also beat the spread.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and if the Niners lose?
Their season could go downhill FAST.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and if the Niners lose?
Their season could go downhill FAST.

Oh yeah...I can see total 'collapse' (guys not playin' "hard", coach headin' off to college, etc...)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah...I can see total 'collapse' (guys not playin' "hard", coach headin' off to college, etc...)

Yup. I can already hear Ann Arbor calling for Harbaugh. Hopefully he stays in the NFL.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is against the Eagles in this one, trip to west coast to play desperate team, but the 49ers are also like the Eagles a banged up team, and coming off an emotional win against the skins.

This one screams that its a lose, but I don't think so. I think right now the Eagles offense is one were you have to pick your poison stop the run and we burn you with the pass, stop the pass and we burn you with the run. I think we find a way to win it. Won't be pretty, Kapernick will have a great game but Foles will match him pass for pass. The difference is Kapernick will turn the ball over at the end like Luck and like Cousins and that will be the difference

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, here we go.

I began the season saying that the 49ers werent going to be very good this year.

(Which I got blasted for)

For a few reasons. They are getting old, they are oft injured, and willis isnt the same after his injury.

Kap is a less accurate Donovan mcnabb, he will always crumble when the pressure is on, but mostly becuase he refuses to acknowledge his flaws, and thinks hes a reincarnation of joe montana himself.

Gore is old, he gives them may 2 qrts a week, and he is noticeably stoppable in the 4th qtr.

Crabtree is severely overrated, stevie johnson is speed defined but cant run a route to save his life and kap cant seem to throw an accurate pass past 20... scratch that 10 yards.

Carlos hyde I think will be good, but doesn't belong in a zone blocking scheme, hes not a cut-back guy.

vernon davis is the softest TE in football.

The cornerbacks stink, thier safeties are slow and they are missing imo their best two players, aldon smith and Navarro bowman.

Had this been week one, we win by 20,

But... our line is beyond depleted, and I have my reservations about how chip kelly calls the first half.

If chip comes out with true draw plays (something we dont run much) short timing passes and force san fran to play sideline to sideline and run it at a high pace, we will win 27-17

If we play the way we have been in the furst half, gore and hide are going to run us out of the building.

Im note sure that chip will do whst I said... and I dont pick against my eagles so... this week ill just give a score.

34-26

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of tidbits of info I found interesting...

Philadelphia has a takeaway in 16 straight games, including playoffs
Eagles rookie WR Jordan Matthews is a cousin of Niners Hall of Famer Jerry Rice

I might have known the info about Matthews being a cousin of Rice (probably would have come up when they drafted him) but too many beers later I forgot it until I read it today.

Maybe Matthews can have a Rice-type day :yahoo:

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the birds win this game, the media will be kissing their azzes nonstop.

I just don't think SF can score with us if our D shows up at all. I see 38-28 Eagles.

BURN49ers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well based off what has happened so far this season, the 49ers will be leading at halftime and the Eagles will come back in the second half and win. That is based off the first 3 games. You know i hope to see a 49-0 blowout for the 9ers, but we all know the score will be around 34-30 in a toss-up. Good Luck Sunday Eagles fans :suds:

oleskool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling cary williams will shut some mouths up this sunday.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to guess that the Niners will have the ball first to open the game because Kelly seems to like deferring and I assume that Harbaugh will take the ball if he wins the toss.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any concern at center? What I mean is , don't ya think SF will be chomping at the bit to REALLY put pressure on Foles w/a rook center?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That position is certainly a concern, not just in terms of the center's blocking, but the line calls. That said, I like Molk. I think he will be OK in time. He seemed pretty solid in preseason. He's not Kelce but no one is. Kelce is the most athletic center in the NFL. Let's give him a chance.

My gut feeling is the line struggles tomorrow but stabilizes once Lane gets back and Herremans moves back to RG.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners are all but quitting on the next Michigan coach. They should win this game but they have some serious issues out there and might be packing it in.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ya'll have an excellent chance to get a win this weekend.

Livewire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 and 0

I think the defense actually shows up for this one, lots of turnovers, McCoy has a big game

42 - 6 Eagles