• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles in Talks with Dolphins RE: Byron Maxwell Trade

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, its always somewhat subjective, but I think just about any analyst would disagree. If you simply go by salary they commanded, its not even close. Career starts? Not close? PFF rankings? Not close.

Dave, you used to be an Eagles fan. If not, then why don't you just join the 49ers forum?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave, you used to be an Eagles fan. If not, then why don't you just join the 49ers forum?

I don't think you need to stop contributing on one to participate on the other.

Someone needs to keep it real for you guys. McKelvin as good as Maxwell? Lol. Far from reality dude. One was cut, the other was traded for something despite his huge salary. Clearly the Eagles downgraded the talent on the field at this point.

I offer up my services as always free of charge. I expect it will make for some interesting conversations as the season unfolds.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the latest rumor on what we're getting from Miami:

Eagles get: Dolphins 1st round pick (No. 8), Dolphins 4th round pick
Dolphins get: Eagles 1st round pick (No. 13), Byron Maxwell, Kiko Alonso

This deal keeps getting better!

Wow Miami can't be that dumb, can they? I heard it was a swap where we get their 3rd rounder and they get our 4th, but I like your rumor better!

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what Miami wants in the draft. They'd be able to get a quality DL or OL at 8 or 13 and they fill two starter positions.

Maybe they are drafting RB to replace Miller. That drop is insignificant.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NM.....posted in free agent thread.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Miami can't be that dumb, can they? I heard it was a swap where we get their 3rd rounder and they get our 4th, but I like your rumor better!

Well, it came from a reporter on a tweet to BGN. Sounds true to me.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you need to stop contributing on one to participate on the other.

Someone needs to keep it real for you guys. McKelvin as good as Maxwell? Lol. Far from reality dude. One was cut, the other was traded for something despite his huge salary. Clearly the Eagles downgraded the talent on the field at this point.

I offer up my services as always free of charge. I expect it will make for some interesting conversations as the season unfolds.

Eagles signed him for depth, but maybe he starts? time will tell. Still not a bad deal.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am saying is you guys are drinking too much koolaid. Howie is dumping several good players and spending a boatload of money keeping a bunch of mediocre ones. And you don't even know who is coming in to replace Maxwell, Thurmond and Thorton yet and your slobbering all over Howie like he suddenly learned how to evaluate players by having a year to sit on his a$$.
This is as good a start as we could have hoped for and you are acting like the off-season is over.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Miami did that. I need official confirmation.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Miami didn't really do that did they? I'll believe it when I see it. Similar to the AJ Feeley trade for a 2nd round pick! Haha

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherry picking someone's worst plays can make any player look bad. Fact is Maxwell, Thurmond, Thorton and Alonso (when healthy - we wasn't last year) are all solid players in this league and they are all now gone. So for the second year in a row the Eagles are reworking there secondary - a year after they did a pretty good job of fixing it.
Dude just Shut Up! You are the biggest dope of a football fan I have ever seen on a message board. You talk out your ass with every post you make. You sound like a closet Cowboys fan, here just to be a dick. You offer nothing of substance ever, and instead just try and start arguments. I have listened to sports radio for 2 full days now, and not a single person had a problem with anything Howie did, ya know why? Because any idiot with half a brain can figure out that Howie unloaded 3 huge Chip Kelly mistakes and a shit ton of salary cap to boot! In other words, Howie gets a do over. He can now go shopping for players that actually want to be Eagles, fit on this team, and aren't pussies! Seriously, go find a new team, this team clearly is not for you, and this teams fan base doesn't want you associated with it. Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya!

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray for the day everyone finally puts DPD on the block list. He keeps baiting you guys, and yall still bite. He's either a troll or absolutely clueless. Either way just block the clown and move on! Best decision I made :suds:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Mclane says that the report is erroneous, and we won't know anything until tomorrow @ 4 pm.

Bottom line: Nobody but the Eagles /Dolphins know for sure.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude just Shut Up! You are the biggest dope of a football fan I have ever seen on a message board. You talk out your ass with every post you make. You sound like a closet Cowboys fan, here just to be a dick. You offer nothing of substance ever, and instead just try and start arguments. I have listened to sports radio for 2 full days now, and not a single person had a problem with anything Howie did, ya know why? Because any idiot with half a brain can figure out that Howie unloaded 3 huge Chip Kelly mistakes and a shit ton of salary cap to boot! In other words, Howie gets a do over. He can now go shopping for players that actually want to be Eagles, fit on this team, and aren't pussies! Seriously, go find a new team, this team clearly is not for you, and this teams fan base doesn't want you associated with it. Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya!

Save your breath - he does it intentionally and picks his spots on certain topics that he knows will draw a reaction. Just ignore him dude.