• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles in Talks with Dolphins RE: Byron Maxwell Trade

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT was a fu@king stud. Too bad he could not get his addiction beat.

Point being.. 1 play does not a player make. And it's not like LT was doing much in that video.. the ball was 5 yards under thrown and right into his bread basket

Id say this intereception was MUCH more athletic and impressive.

Again.. one play doesn't a player make.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point being.. 1 play does not a player make. And it's not like LT was doing much in that video.. the ball was 5 yards under thrown and right into his bread basket

Id say this intereception was MUCH more athletic and impressive.

Again.. one play doesn't a player make.
I did not say that. I watched LT from the time he was a rookie til he retired. He was on another level than most of the NFL. The coke may have helped, who knows. But on the field he was the best defensive player in the league.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW... "the fat bitch armando thinks he's safe from bullets bc we might be released is the funniest part of this whole thing." Is that not a threat? Safe from bullets?

I hope no team touches him, and he has to turn around and deal with her. He needs to cut her loose.
This deal does not happen if it wasn't her acting like a thug. She basically screwed his career over. Well, maybe Dallas, Baltimore, or the Raiders will bring him in. His wife has the street cred to make it work.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW... "the fat bitch armando thinks he's safe from bullets bc we might be released is the funniest part of this whole thing." Is that not a threat? Safe from bullets?

I hope no team touches him, and he has to turn around and deal with her. He needs to cut her loose.
She says "we" might be released. Bitches be crazy.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See at the end of the day I think Maxwell is a starting quality corner in this league and evidently the Dolphins agree. The good news is the contract was essentially year to year, so he could be moved.

Kiko Alonso (when healthy) showed he was a great player. He nursed an injury last year and was never 100% after the first game when he BTW made a heck of a play. At a low base salary, he is an excellent asset to have on a one year prove it deal. He will be healthy and extra motivated.

The Eagles gave up both these guys for the equivalent of a 5th round pick (draft chart value of moving from 13 to 8). I think just about any team would have been happy to get Kiko Alonso alone for a 5th rounder. To get a solid corner in addition on a year to year deal has to make them very happy.

So yeah they freed up a bunch of cap space and used it to sign a solid Safety. By all accounts a solid player, but lacks top end physical skills. Its pretty unusual (i.e. dumb) for a team to invest more money in Safeties than Corners, but that is where this team is.

smeagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbassdave, you do know that it takes at least a high 3rd rounder to move from 13th to 8th, right?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should offer the Titans a 4th rounder .... that should move us from 8 to the #1 pick.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbassdave, you do know that it takes at least a high 3rd rounder to move from 13th to 8th, right?

So I am trusting ESPN on this one. (My reading comprehension skills are fine.)

Barnwell: Grading the big free-agent deals

Jumping from No. 13 to No. 8 in the first round sounds like a more meaningful improvement than it's likely to be in reality. Chase Stuart's empirical draft value model suggests that that five-pick leap is roughly equivalent to the 140th pick in a typical draft. In other words, this move amounts to a selection at the top of the fifth round.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am trusting ESPN on this one. (My reading comprehension skills are fine.)

Barnwell: Grading the big free-agent deals

Jumping from No. 13 to No. 8 in the first round sounds like a more meaningful improvement than it's likely to be in reality. Chase Stuart's empirical draft value model suggests that that five-pick leap is roughly equivalent to the 140th pick in a typical draft. In other words, this move amounts to a selection at the top of the fifth round.

Now take the garbage you just wrote look at NFL history and tell me when a team has ever traded from pick 13 - 8 for the grand sum of a 5th round pick. Never happens. Garbage in = garbage out. Facts in = facts out.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should offer the Titans a 4th rounder .... that should move us from 8 to the #1 pick.

I'm thinking they're not done here. I wouldn't be surprised if they look to get into the Top 3 to get either Bosa or Ramsey. They're in a position to swap w/ SD and not have to give up a ton to do it.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they're not done here. I wouldn't be surprised if they look to get into the Top 3 to get either Bosa or Ramsey. They're in a position to swap w/ SD and not have to give up a ton to do it.

It wouldn't shock me to see another move up ... but it also wouldn't shock me to see us move back and grab a 2nd rounder. Pretty exciting off season so far :)

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

smeagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft trades still follow the chart

In 2014 draft, Cleveland had to include the No. 145 pick to move up one spot, from 9th to 8th, so take your garbage math out of here. Difference between 13th and 8th pick is 250 pts which is equivalent to the 68th pick.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is official. Holy crap. This really happened!