• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eagles @ Colts

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% with this. Some Eagles fans just are not happy. I though it was just a McNabb thing but I am beginning to believe that some people just hate all Eagle QB's. Anyone that thinks Foles was bad last night should just stop watching football because they are just clueless.

I think Foles left some plays on the field. Every QB did this week. They did last week and many will do the same next week. Foles started what his 18th game last night? I personally think he played better than Luck.

I'm in the same mode of thinking. 18th game, and we've got an above .500 winning percentage in games he has started? If he can continue to get better, something I think everyone can agree on that is possible, we'll be okay. I still thing we are a DB (or 2), LB, WR, and some OL depth away from being a top 5 team, but we're working towards it for sure. Better to be on the up, then the unsteady decline we were in for those last couple years.

Any team can make a run in the playoffs, capture lightning in a bottle, and with a 2-0 start we're probably only 8 wins away (or 6 with the way this division is playing) away from that chance.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you putting words in my mouth? What I posted was that Foles hung in there till the end. Just like allot of game last year. I never mentioned his game play, you did. But do me a favor, I did not like you on KFFL and I don't like you hear, so stay out of my way. Got it. I will wait for the tough guy come back.

Ahhhhh...This must be Green/Silver...LOL.

Makes sense now

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A shitty QB does not lead his team to score 24 points in the 2nd half. So either you don't like him or you just don't understand a leader in action!

Don't like or dislike him.

A QB can have a shitty day and lead them to have 24 points in a half, we witnessed it yesterday.

Hell a QB had a Shitty day last week and lead his team to 34 in the second half.

I didn't say he IS a shitty QB, I said he HAD a shitty game.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% with this. Some Eagles fans just are not happy. I though it was just a McNabb thing but I am beginning to believe that some people just hate all Eagle QB's. Anyone that thinks Foles was bad last night should just stop watching football because they are just clueless.

I think Foles left some plays on the field. Every QB did this week. They did last week and many will do the same next week. Foles started what his 18th game last night? I personally think he played better than Luck.

I'll pick yours to respond to, but to some extent I could have picked Taz's as well. I'll give you my points one by one:

• I am not someone who hates all Eagles QB's, far from it. As you might remember from KFFL, I was one of the last ones still defending McNabb (to a considerable point). I think I was also more positive about Vick than most.
  • Frankly I do like Foles, and I think he can be good quarterback at a minimum, not sure whether he can become an elite QB. But I see him as someone who has the potential to be our QB for the next 5-10 years or so, and good enough, assuming he has serviceable tools to work with - to win some games for us, and get us multiple Super Bowls.
  • I feel I should still be able to say where I think things are bad/sub-par from him what he has shown so far. Yes, we won, and he had some great throws. But that should not absolve him from mistakes - the short throws he bungled (numerous screens / pop-passes), one obvious one behind Ertz, the completely not seeing/ignoring a wide open Riley Cooper on a 3rd down (and throwing a 1 in a million across the body pass to the other side of the field) are simply ones that he should do better on. They are the type of mistaken throws that had most of us screaming and vilifying McNabb for.
  • As I said, I though Foles was much improved over last week (when he was atrocious). As said before, I think his pocket awareness/movement was much improved - despite him playing behind the make-shift o-line.
  • I would say Foles had a C+ game, close to a B-; judged more or less by the standard he set himself last year. No atrocious mistakes like last time, but too many for my liking. For him to get a B he should have done better on many of the shorter throws, and not missing someone like Cooper on that 3rd down. For an A, some of his 'WR/TE go get it' passes should have been better (think Maclin INT on the other side/longer, the one on the Cooper PI a bit more on the money)

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Love it.

Same ol same ol. If you get a win everyone played great so don't talk about anything negative that needs improvement.

Criticize an Eagle player and your a hater or you don't like him or you just wanna bitch...LMAO.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not someone who hates all Eagles QB's, far from it. As you might remember from KFFL, I was one of the last ones still defending McNabb (to a considerable point). I think I was also more positive about Vick than most.

I do not disagree here.

I was one of the last defending McNabb as well. Frankly I do like Foles, and I think he can be good quarterback at a minimum, not sure whether he can become an elite QB. But I see him as someone who has the potential to be our QB for the next 5-10 years or so, and good enough, assuming he has serviceable tools to work with - to win some games for us, and get us multiple Super Bowls.

Again no disagreement here.

I feel I should still be able to say where I think things are bad/sub-par from him what he has shown so far. Yes, we won, and he had some great throws. But that should not absolve him from mistakes - the short throws he bungled (numerous screens / pop-passes), one obvious one behind Ertz, the completely not seeing/ignoring a wide open Riley Cooper on a 3rd down (and throwing a 1 in a million across the body pass to the other side of the field) are simply ones that he should do better on. They are the type of mistaken throws that had most of us screaming and vilifying McNabb for.

I am not saying Foles was mistake free. He had some throws that were pretty bad. Not going to deny that. My thing is this. People are saying he sucked but I have yet to see anyone support that argument. Picking this through or that throw and saying he sucked is nitpicking in my opinion completely ignoring the good things he did. We had three drives deep in the red zone in the first half. I really question the play calling during those drives. We left a good amount of points on the board.

I see quite a few people mention the throw behind Ertz. I will agree that was a very bad throw. Now to counter that throw we can use the TD pass that hit Cooper in the hands. Sure the receives sucked but that does not mean that Foles did not put a throw where it needed to be.

On the interception. I think it was slightly underthrown but it was still in an area where Maclin could have and should have made a play. He gave no effort on that play.

I give Foles a "B" yesterday....I can agree with B- but to say he sucked is something I am not sure anyone can support with actual facts.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Foles was mistake free. He had some throws that were pretty bad. Not going to deny that. My thing is this. People are saying he sucked but I have yet to see anyone support that argument. Picking this through or that throw and saying he sucked is nitpicking in my opinion completely ignoring the good things he did. We had three drives deep in the red zone in the first half. I really question the play calling during those drives. We left a good amount of points on the board.

I see quite a few people mention the throw behind Ertz. I will agree that was a very bad throw. Now to counter that throw we can use the TD pass that hit Cooper in the hands. Sure the receives sucked but that does not mean that Foles did not put a throw where it needed to be.

On the interception. I think it was slightly underthrown but it was still in an area where Maclin could have and should have made a play. He gave no effort on that play.

I give Foles a "B" yesterday....I can agree with B- but to say he sucked is something I am not sure anyone can support with actual facts.

And where did I say Foles sucked? I certainly did not - even if Taz apparently thinks different.

IMHO Foles made too many mistakes in order to have it labeled as a 'good' game. And whether Cooper dropped that pass or has no bearing on Foles final grade (which is is determined whether Foles was made a good throw regardless of result). The only reason to conflate the two is by staring oneself blind at final stats - which I think is greatly distorting for this game, since - for instance - I find it extremely hard to give Foles for instance the credit for Sproles 50-yard run. Had it been a slant which was on the money, credit would have gone to Foles.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the team needs to play better as a whole. Well, except maybe Sproles. :D Either way the team found a way go come back an win and that says a lot. A couple years ago they would have folded up their tents and gone home when they were down.

I expect better play all around but I am not too worried right now.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where did I say Foles sucked? I certainly did not - even if Taz apparently thinks different.

I never said you did and I don't think I implied it either.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the misunderstanding...

It's cool. My post was probably to general and I was not pointing at one person. In truth I may have been too harsh to begin with. I admit there were flaws in Foles game but I was taking into perspective that he is a young starting QB who has just recently become a starter and has never been the #1 guy for a full season yet. I think some may be too hard in their assessment or expecting too much. In any case he is not Brady or Peyton but no one from the recent couple draft classes are either.

There is a small handful of QB's that will in the top echelon in a few years. I think Foles has the makings to be in that group. Aside from Luck I am not sure I would take an of the other young QB's over Foles.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool. My post was probably to general and I was not pointing at one person. In truth I may have been too harsh to begin with. I admit there were flaws in Foles game but I was taking into perspective that he is a young starting QB who has just recently become a starter and has never been the #1 guy for a full season yet. I think some may be too hard in their assessment or expecting too much. In any case he is not Brady or Peyton but no one from the recent couple draft classes are either.

There is a small handful of QB's that will in the top echelon in a few years. I think Foles has the makings to be in that group. Aside from Luck I am not sure I would take an of the other young QB's over Foles.

It is expected for a QB to be scrutinized in his 2nd season when his 1st season was outstanding. No surprise there. The best part so far is the fact that we won the 1st 2 games. Foles can work on his shortcomings as the season continues. It takes some QBs 3 or 4 years to reach a maturity level. I think Foles is on a fast track to become one of the top QBS in the league. He has a good coaching system behind him as well as talented offensive players. I like the no quit attitude approach. This team is exiting!

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pick yours to respond to, but to some extent I could have picked Taz's as well. I'll give you my points one by one:

• I am not someone who hates all Eagles QB's, far from it. As you might remember from KFFL, I was one of the last ones still defending McNabb (to a considerable point). I think I was also more positive about Vick than most.
  • Frankly I do like Foles, and I think he can be good quarterback at a minimum, not sure whether he can become an elite QB. But I see him as someone who has the potential to be our QB for the next 5-10 years or so, and good enough, assuming he has serviceable tools to work with - to win some games for us, and get us multiple Super Bowls.
  • I feel I should still be able to say where I think things are bad/sub-par from him what he has shown so far. Yes, we won, and he had some great throws. But that should not absolve him from mistakes - the short throws he bungled (numerous screens / pop-passes), one obvious one behind Ertz, the completely not seeing/ignoring a wide open Riley Cooper on a 3rd down (and throwing a 1 in a million across the body pass to the other side of the field) are simply ones that he should do better on. They are the type of mistaken throws that had most of us screaming and vilifying McNabb for.
  • As I said, I though Foles was much improved over last week (when he was atrocious). As said before, I think his pocket awareness/movement was much improved - despite him playing behind the make-shift o-line.
  • I would say Foles had a C+ game, close to a B-; judged more or less by the standard he set himself last year. No atrocious mistakes like last time, but too many for my liking. For him to get a B he should have done better on many of the shorter throws, and not missing someone like Cooper on that 3rd down. For an A, some of his 'WR/TE go get it' passes should have been better (think Maclin INT on the other side/longer, the one on the Cooper PI a bit more on the money)

So on one hand you say he sucked yesterday but then you say B-? I guess the only way to understand what you are saying is what is your definition of sucked. To me sucked is a D or F performance. I agree that he was probably a B performance last night, B- if you are really a tough grader. Certainly not an A certainly not a C in my opinion.

Here is a good thing to do, turn on Comcast sportnet they just did a montage on how many drops Foles receivers had last night. They showed two by Cooper, 3 by Maclin, two more by Mathews and the Celek one. The interesting thing is all of those were around the red zone. Cooper and Celek catch those TD passes and all of a sudden we are talking about the Nick of last year.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on one hand you say he sucked yesterday but then you say B-? I guess the only way to understand what you are saying is what is your definition of sucked. To me sucked is a D or F performance. I agree that he was probably a B performance last night, B- if you are really a tough grader. Certainly not an A certainly not a C in my opinion.

Here is a good thing to do, turn on Comcast sportnet they just did a montage on how many drops Foles receivers had last night. They showed two by Cooper, 3 by Maclin, two more by Mathews and the Celek one. The interesting thing is all of those were around the red zone. Cooper and Celek catch those TD passes and all of a sudden we are talking about the Nick of last year.

Again: WHERE did I say he sucked against the Colts? You might want to reread my posts again, because I did not say such thing in any of my posts in this thread.

As said before, he did not suck. But to call his performance good would be a stretch...

You know, the scale is atrocious (F), sucked (D), okay (C), good (B), very good (A). I saw too many mistakes by Foles to give him a B/B-. And He got the C+ because (a) his pocket awareness was better, and (b) he seemed to improve (slightly) during the game, making a few excellent throws at the end (Ertz sideline pass, Maclin TD).