• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

E3 2015

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's everyone excited about? The conference started today with Microsoft, EA, and Ubisoft all presenting. Here's what's got my attention

-Xbox One will now have Backwards Compatibility. While not all games will have it, 100 games will to start with more coming later. The best part is its free (unlike Sony currently has). So you can access your old 360 games in your digital library or put in your old discs.

-RARE has released its pretty much its entire library as a Microsoft exclusive. So old games like Perfect Dark can be bought and played. The studio is also making a new pirate game that looks pretty cool, its called Sea of Thieves

-Fallout 4 will come with a refurbished copy of Fallout 3 on the Xbox One. And also any mods for the game released on the PC will also be playable on the Xbox One (that's a big feature for a console game).

-Speaking of PC and consoles, there was some talk that games on Windows 10 and Xbox will have cross-platform ability. So I guess this means guys can play each other regardless of if they have a PC or Xbox.

-NEW game Gears of War 4 coming to Xbox in 2016.

-New South Park game coming to all consoles called South Park: The Fractured But Whole (get it? lol). The first one, Stick of Truth, was a fun play. This one looks just as fun. You're playing as the gang dressed up as Coon and Friends so its a take on a super hero game.

-New Mass Effect in 2016 to all consoles, Mass Effect: Andromeda. The footage in that link is from the game's engine and it looks gorgeous. (Mass Effect: Andromeda Announced

-Not into Minecraft, but you HAVE to check out this virtual reality thing Microsoft has cooked up. If it actually works like that, holy shit that's awesome. (Microsoft's Holographic Minecraft Demo Is Stunning

-New Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon game. The cool thing is this one is open world and looks really fun. (Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced, Is Open-World

-Halo 5 looks AMAZING. Release date is October 27th, 2015. (An Extended Look At The Halo 5 Campaign

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gears of War should have ended with 3. Microsoft going to ruin that franchise too like they did with Halo. Disappointing.

As for what I am excited for? Fallout 4 and Battlefront 3

Not sure when the PS4 exclusives are released but look forward to seeing what Naughty Dog has cooking up

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the fascination with playing old games, I tried but stopped playing them shortly after. I guess I just rather have new experiences. So i don't care much for Rare

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Destiny Subclasses!!!

Im officially off all hype trains until a game comes out. Publishers lie too much about content, graphics and release dates for me to get excited months in advance. I still have Witcher 3 to get through

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the fascination with playing old games, I tried but stopped playing them shortly after. I guess I just rather have new experiences. So i don't care much for Rare

It's funny but I just finished Fallout 3 (with DLCs) before the Fallout 4 announcement. I still think these type of games are still fun.

Last edited:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am looking forward to, from E3

1. Fallout 4, easily number one. Why?
a. Building your own town
b. Modding comes to consoles
c. Extreme customization, ie. guns, power armor, self, etc.
d. Walk away from a conversation
e. Voiced character
f. Huge open world, Todd Howard says he is getting lost in his own game
g. Dog eat can't die

2. Shenmue 3, I am part of the cult following

3. Uncharted 4

4. Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you serious about the backwards cap by XBOXONE?!?! The only reason I got ps4 was because the One wasn't backwards and I figured it was time to start with a new system since PS still had a baseball game....WOW I would have bought XBOX if I knew I would still be able to play NCAA 14!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching everything, I think Just Cause 3 looks like my favorite game. I'm also keeping my eye out on Fallout4 and Rainbow Six Siege

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you serious about the backwards cap by XBOXONE?!?! The only reason I got ps4 was because the One wasn't backwards and I figured it was time to start with a new system since PS still had a baseball game....WOW I would have bought XBOX if I knew I would still be able to play NCAA 14!

It's possible that game won't be included. It's only certain games , not every game (100 to start, more coming later) . Since EA is in that legal battle over NCAA likenesses, I doubt that one was made backwards capable.