• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn he must like some Russell - - good deal Harold.
Thanks, Lefty that was about the best I could get for RW right now. However, with Sean Payton being the new HC Russell could have a bounce-back season. Ram also owned Hopkins and most folks prefer not to double up on a team WRs, now I'm the one doubling up with Cardinals WRs. Ram could afford to trade Brown with Lamb, DeVonta Smith, and Hopkins on his roster.
Still, I was surprised at his interest in Russell because Russell isn't a hot trade target.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Lefty that was about the best I could get for RW right now. However, with Sean Payton being the new HC Russell could have a bounce-back season. Ram also owned Hopkins and most folks prefer not to double up on a team WRs, now I'm the one doubling up with Cardinals WRs. Ram could afford to trade Brown with Lamb, DeVonta Smith, and Hopkins on his roster.
Still, I was surprised at his interest in Russell because Russell isn't a hot trade target.
I'd say lukewarm at best. ...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the clock (18 hours second round) has expired, correct @TREFF ? Where are we at? Has @MilkSpiller22 been on the clock? If you pass on taking a pick, it's gone right?

Last edited:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, sorry been driving ever since the expiration of the click.

@MilkSpiller22 is officially OTX, and Bandit, or whomecer trades for the pick, can make their pick at anytime

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this one is still in the 3rd round. I'll just go ahead and say that we are passing on the 4.10 now so I don't have to keep checking this thread.
Yes, the draft is really dragging, sort of makes the draft painful. Perhaps we should look to make some changes. I'd like to suggest maybe moving the draft to Fantrax online draft so folks can queue players and change the clock to 6 hours or less after the first round. Folks by then are aware that the draft is going and can queue players in advance. Judging by Bandits leagues online drafts speed the draft up and it can still be a slow draft. Also maybe cut the draft to 3 rounds as normally teams don't have room after the 3rd round, some teams only have room for two rounds.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the draft is really dragging, sort of makes the draft painful. Perhaps we should look to make some changes. I'd like to suggest maybe moving the draft to Fantrax online draft so folks can queue players and change the clock to 6 hours or less after the first round. Folks by then are aware that the draft is going and can queue players in advance. Judging by Bandits leagues online drafts speed the draft up and it can still be a slow draft. Also maybe cut the draft to 3 rounds as normally teams don't have room after the 3rd round, some teams only have room for two rounds.
well we just went from 5 to 4 rounds, there was a little push back there, but not much. I personally wouldn't be up for eliminating the 4th. While at this very moment, my team may not have room to make a 4th rd pick, someone else's team might, which means their 4th round pick is valuable to them, and ya never know, my 4th might be valuable to them as well. But, I'm certianly not against looking into it, either.

And the time issue..shit, D2 is still sitting in the 5th and they've officially been going a week longer. I'd love for it to move faster too, %100 there with y'all, but it is what it is, there's no need to blast through anything. We can certainly look at moving rounds 2 and beyond from 18 hours to 12 or even 10, but I'll never back anything that is less than a typical sleep cycle time window (8 hours). If a night owl puts a guy OTC at 10PM and that owner doesn't get up and get going on his day until 8, that's not fair to that owner. I think everyone needs to take a little chill pill, patience is a virtue, and whether it's today, tomorrow, or next week, nothing will have changed. We all different schedules, and we deal with it as best we can.

And we can certainly look at putting it onto Fantrax as well, maybe that sort of setup will incentivize quicker picks, I dunno, but it's worth a shot- and it'd make my job a helluva a lot easier, but, people would have to have made their drops prior to beginning, just like in Bandits and Old School- or at least most of them..there's always exceptions that can be dealt with of course.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we just went from 5 to 4 rounds, there was a little push back there, but not much. I personally wouldn't be up for eliminating the 4th. While at this very moment, my team may not have room to make a 4th rd pick, someone else's team might, which means their 4th round pick is valuable to them, and ya never know, my 4th might be valuable to them as well. But, I'm certianly not against looking into it, either.

And the time issue..shit, D2 is still sitting in the 5th and they've officially been going a week longer. I'd love for it to move faster too, %100 there with y'all, but it is what it is, there's no need to blast through anything. We can certainly look at moving rounds 2 and beyond from 18 hours to 12 or even 10, but I'll never back anything that is less than a typical sleep cycle time window (8 hours). If a night owl puts a guy OTC at 10PM and that owner doesn't get up and get going on his day until 8, that's not fair to that owner. I think everyone needs to take a little chill pill, patience is a virtue, and whether it's today, tomorrow, or next week, nothing will have changed. We all different schedules, and we deal with it as best we can.

And we can certainly look at putting it onto Fantrax as well, maybe that sort of setup will incentivize quicker picks, I dunno, but it's worth a shot- and it'd make my job a helluva a lot easier, but, people would have to have made their drops prior to beginning, just like in Bandits and Old School- or at least most of them..there's always exceptions that can be dealt with of course.
The alternative option would be to just expand rosters to like 22 in the Fantrax settings just for the draft (as you know, I always do 31 even thought he limit is 30 so it doesn't skip them), but then you still have to police it as you go and make the drops as the commissioner. Much easier to have people drop players before the draft though as it's very rare that you find somebody in the 4th round that makes you drop somebody you wouldn't have otherwise dropped. If you're willing the drop the guy for somebody available in the 4th round then he was expendable in the first place. It's certainly easier on the commissioner as long as everybody is willing to make their drops beforehand.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The alternative option would be to just expand rosters to like 22 in the Fantrax settings just for the draft (as you know, I always do 31 even thought he limit is 30 so it doesn't skip them), but then you still have to police it as you go and make the drops as the commissioner. Much easier to have people drop players before the draft though as it's very rare that you find somebody in the 4th round that makes you drop somebody you wouldn't have otherwise dropped. If you're willing the drop the guy for somebody available in the 4th round then he was expendable in the first place. It's certainly easier on the commissioner as long as everybody is willing to make their drops beforehand.
yea was thinking the same thing on the 22 or 23, or whatever seems right