• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much set on either just keeping at as simple as possible, and adding the one week..don't care who plays who, divisional, nondivisional..whatever, don't care...OR...keeping regular season as is and expanding the playoffs a week.

Really don't see any point in getting any more complicated than that

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much set on either just keeping at as simple as possible, and adding the one week..don't care who plays who, divisional, nondivisional..whatever, don't care...OR...keeping regular season as is and expanding the playoffs a week.

Well, playoff expansion makes the most sense - - playing 1 team 2 times and everyone else 1 just gets into too many complications - how do you chose who plays that week ? Say, the low playoff seed going into that extra week ends up playing the top seed. .... I think there will be bitching. .. best to just eliminate that potential from happening. Not to mention the draft pick potential scenario. ....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, playoff expansion makes the most sense - - playing 1 team 2 times and everyone else 1 just gets into too many complications - how do you chose who plays that week ? Say, the low playoff seed going into that extra week ends up playing the top seed. .... I think there will be bitching. .. best to just eliminate that potential from happening. Not to mention the draft pick potential scenario. ....

So I don't like the idea of playoff expansion. The NFL basically gave us a gift of an extra guaranteed fantasy week for everybody in the league. I think we should do the first 13 weeks exactly the same way we do it now with everybody playing everybody and then in week 14 the #1 seed should get to choose their opponent for week 14 first, then the #2 seed, and so on. I know that everybody just thinks that the #1 seed will choose #14 and then #2 will choose #13, but the dynasty aspect would make it more interesting because of traded draft picks. Let's say that the #1 seed owns the guy that currently has the #7 seed's #1 pick for the next year. It would benefit him greatly to play that guy and beat him to keep him out of the playoffs so his draft pick would be higher the next year. Also, any teams on the cusp of the playoffs would want to play each other. There's nothing worse than the last week of the regular season needing somebody else to beat the team you are chasing in the playoffs, it would be nice if they got to choose to play each other. That's my 2 cents though. Plus I'm always for rewarding teams that have played the best for the entire year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my thoughts on expanding the playoffs weren't thought out worth a damn. I'm 100000000% against a two week championship, or eliminating byes,, and expanding the way I was thinking would require more than I originally thought...so now I'm of the opinion that just add another week to the schedule of the regular season.

As to who plays who...what difference does it make, really? Divisional record isn't a tie breaker, and the scheduling gods fist someone every year anyways. You play a tough opponent?? Boo friggin who. You play a cupcake? Lucky bastard. Happens every year, no matter the length of the schedule, so I'm not about to waste anytime worrying about it.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my thoughts on expanding the playoffs weren't thought out worth a damn. I'm 100000000% against a two week championship, or eliminating byes,, and expanding the way I was thinking would require more than I originally thought...so now I'm of the opinion that just add another week to the schedule of the regular season.

As to who plays who...what difference does it make, really? Divisional record isn't a tie breaker, and the scheduling gods fist someone every year anyways. You play a tough opponent?? Boo friggin who. You play a cupcake? Lucky bastard. Happens every year, no matter the length of the schedule, so I'm not about to waste anytime worrying about it.

The easiest way to do that would be replay week 1.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - I gave my opinion ...... actually really don't care - do whatever.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The easiest way to do that would be replay week 1.
This makes sense and is pretty clean compared to expanding the playoffs. I really don’t like two week championships

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best and cleanest way is eliminating the byes.

...but I’ll roll with whatever.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just to clarify...
A) I was have a SHITTY day yesterday

B) I Never should've brought up the playoff expansion, you'd think I'd know better than to introduce new options, given my disdain for polls

And 3)- a little explanation
I loathe the 2 week championship because we go 15 weeks with a one game, one week, one roll of the dice at a time,, one outcome. Has always seemed to be a ridiculous attempt at making week 17 count for something, when, if that's what you wanted, just make the finals be week 17. Here, it wouldn't be that, but it's still just weird.
And the regular season extra week, and who you play..I truly and honestly could drink an entire bottle of Metamucil and still not give a crap, one way or another, I honestly see no difference no matter what way we do it, so I would land on whatever keeps it the most simple. I realize how I worded my response my have stepped on others opinions, my apologies.
:suds:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify...

B) I Never should've brought up the playoff expansion, you'd think I'd know better than to introduce new options, given my disdain for polls

I loathe the 2 week championship because we go 15 weeks with a one game, one week, one roll of the dice at a time,, one outcome. Has always seemed to be a ridiculous attempt at making week 17 count for something, when, if that's what you wanted, just make the finals be week 17. Here, it wouldn't be that, but it's still just weird.
And the regular season extra week, and who you play..I truly and honestly could drink an entire bottle of Metamucil and still not give a crap, one way or another, I honestly see no difference no matter what way we do it, so I would land on whatever keeps it the most simple. I realize how I worded my response my have stepped on others opinions, my apologies.
I thought you were fine. Personally I like the picking your opponents week 14 starting at the top but that doesn't seem to meet the "most simple" way to do it I just thought it was the most fair and fun way to do it. And I am with you on the two week championship as that has never made any sense to me.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got one that might not be loved but just keep it as is and watch week 17 and 18 on tv

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and if we just add week 14 to the season then hey Bandits idea could have merit

always remember we all take great pride in being solid in this league but hey it isnt for money and a great place for all of our various ideas to come to fruition ...some that work could even be flown in our various personal leagues after being tested here/....

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify...

If you are referring to me by chance - I hope you know by now that I wear a coat of armor so nothing really causes me any pain - - that's what happens when you makes 60 trade offers and get 2 done. ... decline, reject, are you nuts, etc are just a small part of life. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are referring to me by chance - I hope you know by now that I wear a coat of armor so nothing really causes me any pain - - that's what happens when you makes 60 trade offers and get 2 done. ... decline, reject, are you nuts, etc are just a small part of life. ....
Not necessarily no, just reread it, and felt I came off a little strong, stronger than I had intended

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily no, just reread it, and felt I came off a little strong, stronger than I had intended
Nothing wrong (although some disagree), my friend, with speaking your mind. ....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without reading the current discussion... that’s fine. Tell me the setup, I’m cool.

@SteelersPride , when you say you wantin The first round.... What’s Josh Jacobs cost?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz I’ll give you my whole draft, plus my first and change next year, and by change I mean my second+, plus a couple specific receivers, for Jacobs and Sutton.

Just looking for a price.