• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford to Hockensen TD at 0:00 blew my $250 ticket away. ($10 bet)

I was cursing the Falcons at 4th and 5 from the Lions 13 yard line with a few minutes left. Up 14-13 and they choose to not kick a FG...
Then I sprung up after Gurley's oopsie TD... thinking 22-16 would end it.
Then they blow their lead again.... they are experts. How they haven't just replaced their starting 11 with the practice squad defense yet, is beyond me.
My friend and I were watching that down here in MX...Spanish commentary so no idea what was being said, but can only imagine what the commentators were saying when Gurley scored...
But we looked at each other, laughed at how the Lions were saying, yes he scored and the Falcons going..no..no he was down, how we'd never seen such a thing, then we said to each, simultaneously, Falcons are gonna lose

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend and I were watching that down here in MX...Spanish commentary so no idea what was being said, but can only imagine what the commentators were saying when Gurley scored...
But we looked at each other, laughed at how the Lions were saying, yes he scored and the Falcons going..no..no he was down, how we'd never seen such a thing, then we said to each, simultaneously, Falcons are gonna lose
Last year in a comeback win against the Lions, Jamaal Williams had a similar play. They tried to let him score but he flopped down smartly at the three yard line.

Skip to the 33 second mark. None of you guys want to listen to the beginning of the video

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year in a comeback win against the Lions, Jamaal Williams had a similar play. They tried to let him score but he flopped down smartly at the three yard line.

Skip to the 33 second mark. None of you guys want to listen to the beginning of the video

The Lions finally get a break and you have to bring up the 50 gazillion times that Farve or Rodgers found some new rule to beat them. I am beginning to think you might be a Packers fan and hate the Lions.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions finally get a break and you have to bring up the 50 gazillion times that Farve or Rodgers found some new rule to beat them. I am beginning to think you might be a Packers fan and hate the Lions.
Just commenting on the similarity of the situation. One player did the right thing and the other did not

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I'm concerned, the football Gods still owe the Lions for the bullshit time they lost to the same Falcons when Golden Tate's touchdown got overturned and then since it went from a standing clock to a running clock they ran 10 seconds off the clock even though they would have had plenty of time to get up and spike the ball to stop the clock. I'm not even a Lions fan and I thought that was ridiculous.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I'm concerned, the football Gods still owe the Lions for the bullshit time they lost to the same Falcons when Golden Tate's touchdown got overturned and then since it went from a standing clock to a running clock they ran 10 seconds off the clock even though they would have had plenty of time to get up and spike the ball to stop the clock. I'm not even a Lions fan and I thought that was ridiculous.

I was at that game. They never really explained it well at the stadium as to why they did what they did. It always seemed like there was something at the end of the game every time I went to a Lions games. The handshake game with the 49ers. The Colts scoring on 4th down with no time left. Rodgers hail mary. The aforementioned Falcons game.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at that game. They never really explained it well at the stadium as to why they did what they did. It always seemed like there was something at the end of the game every time I went to a Lions games. The handshake game with the 49ers. The Colts scoring on 4th down with no time left. Rodgers hail mary. The aforementioned Falcons game.
The playoff game against Dallas sticks out big in my mind.

Also the Megatron TD that got overturned

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a price to pay when you run off not one but two all time greats early in their careers. The franchise is supposed to pay it but the fans suffer unfortunately.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Happened with Megatron once too

Edit-Trudem the ninja

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edit-Trudem the ninja
happy gilmore win GIF

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those I listed were the ones that I was at the game. The Rodgers TD I was sitting right in front of where he throw the ball from.

The Houston game with the red flag picked up and a penalty called on Detroit for throwing the red flag. The Green Bay game with Flynn where the refs keep calling fumbles and Detroit had run out of challenges, then That WR from Boise that couldn't stay out of trouble catches a TD pass 6 feet from the sidelines only to have the ref call him out of bounds. I think it was 5 years in a row where Detroit had some obscure rule come into affect that was changed after the season was over.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edit-Trudem the ninja

Tony Dungy was discussing the Megatron overturn later that same year and said By the letter of the rule the refs were correct, but that was not what they intended when they put the rule in. They also made the same call against MJD and Jacksonville later that same year.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Dungy was discussing the Megatron overturn later that same year and said By the letter of the rule the refs were correct, but that was not what they intended when they put the rule in. They also made the same call against MJD and Jacksonville later that same year.
Same thing with the Dez Bryant incompletion against the Packers. Per the rule, it was correctly enforced. However everyone knows what should have been called.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a price to pay when you run off not one but two all time greats early in their careers. The franchise is supposed to pay it but the fans suffer unfortunately.

Sanders was 31 and had played ten years. yes he still had a few more years in him and yes he retired earlier then he wanted.

Megatron was beat up. That had a lot to do with him retiring when he did.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how long have we had this league?