• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight Howard

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he really wanted to go to Dallas, don't you think he would have used his ETO? :bored:

You know, since it was their only chance of acquiring him?

Signing the ETO, meaning he doesn't want to go to Dallas RIGHT NOW does not preclude him from EVER having a desire to play for Dallas.

You stated NEVER. Obviously that is wrong.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I said Dallas wasn't in the running to trade for Howard... You weren't.

Deal with it and move on. Howard might even be damaged goods, so why pretend he's the savior of your franchise? Not hating on Dallas' championship, but you guys are done pending a major roster overhaul.

Just like Orlando was in 2008.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note who is reporting that by the way...

I wonder if Broussard co-authored it. :pound:

Even if Howard is requesting a trade, this article screams embellishment, and I doubt there's even a kernel of truth in here.

I'd take Stephen A. Smith's word over anybody's here and day of the week.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL @ this:

Memo to ESPN, Stephen A. Smith: Dwight Howard of Magic owes Nets nothing - Orlando Sentinel

Hey, I've got a terrific idea. With Dwight staying in Orlando, maybe the Nets can turn that new building in Brooklyn into the world's largest indoor flea market. Or maybe they can turn it into a petting zoo for all the rats they will bring with them from Jersey. … Stefan Bondy, a writer for the New York Daily News, referred to the Magic's big man as "Dwight Coward" for shunning the Nets. Coward? Why — because he came to his senses and decided he didn't want to go to the bright, er, blight lights of the big city? Here's all you need to know about New Jersey: Jeff Turner, the former Magic player, used to play for the Nets in the 1980s. On the last day of his last season with the team, Turner loaded up a U-Haul with all his belongings, hooked it up to his Ford Bronco, drove it to the arena and left town immediately after the game. "I didn't want to stay in New Jersey any longer than I had to," Turner once told me. … Finally, a memo to those dozens of Nets fans who are indignant because they think Dwight did them wrong: "You're the Nets. Nobody cares." …

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope, but not sure Dallas has anything to trade for Howard now since everyone is free after this. SUCK

Dallas was never in the running for Howard...

It's always been Brooklyn or Orlando. With Deron leaving, Dwight isn't going to Brooklyn.

Signing the ETO, meaning he doesn't want to go to Dallas RIGHT NOW does not preclude him from EVER having a desire to play for Dallas.

You stated NEVER. Obviously that is wrong.

No, I said Dallas wasn't in the running to trade for Howard... You weren't.

Deal with it and move on. Howard might even be damaged goods, so why pretend he's the savior of your franchise? Not hating on Dallas' championship, but you guys are done pending a major roster overhaul.

Just like Orlando was in 2008.

Want to take another stab at your version of how this went down?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman, that's being awful nitpicky, especially since Howard demanded a TRADE.

Dude, I know. That is why I said in my very first post in this thread that Dallas doesn't have anything to trade because of all of our expirings. You were the one that said Dallas had never had a chance to get him.

I know Dallas has no hope of trading for him short of offering the next 15 years worth of picks or something stupid/creative. I'm not a blind homer. Just don't go about telling me that there was never a time that Dwight didn't at least entertain the thought of playing for Dallas.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I know. That is why I said in my very first post in this thread that Dallas doesn't have anything to trade because of all of our expirings. You were the one that said Dallas had never had a chance to get him.

I know Dallas has no hope of trading for him short of offering the next 15 years worth of picks or something stupid/creative. I'm not a blind homer. Just don't go about telling me that there was never a time that Dwight didn't at least entertain the thought of playing for Dallas.

Just because he might have liked to play in Dallas doesn't mean there was a chance it would happen.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he might have liked to play in Dallas doesn't mean there was a chance it would happen.

As I said, his willingness to play, our cap space, and his potential opting out meant there was a chance. :caked:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this guy the biggest douche in pro sports or what.?

I'm not sure he's even the biggest douche in pro basketball, much less pro sports. Josh Hamilton trumps everyone.