• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dumb Question of the Day - 3/4

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...where the heck did Qanon come from and how did so many become followers? What is it in humans that gravitates toward conspiracy theories?

(these dumb questions won’t always be about the Broncos)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QAnon was actually just one guy that expressed his ideas, especially about the riots and what should be done in Portland last summer and somehow it caught on. Informal, unorganized and terrifying as hell to the liberal left.

Conspracy theories are always in abundance for the unexplained or unexplainable. Do you remember November 7, 2016? The agony felt when Trump beat Hillary? "He's not my President." Then the conspiracy of the Russians undercutting the election? Three years of investigation only turned up that there was no connection between the candidate and the Russians, but that Hillary's people had ties to Russia.

2020. The most messed up national election in history. Mass mailing of ballots to residential addresses wihout confirmation that anyone even lived there or that the residence even existed. Then allowing ballots to be deposited into cardboard boxes that were left unattended because that would infringe on a personal privacy. States refused to follow laws and bypassed them for convenience. Hence, conspiracy theories abound. Are they true? Who knows? The pandemic has forced extreme change. Think there will be mass mailing of ballots in 2024? Think $160,000,000 people will actually get up off their asses and go vote? Expect about 130,000,000 and there's no way that the Democrats will be able to mobilize that same number without Trump to hate and unify against. It's going to be a very interesting election.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...where the heck did Qanon come from and how did so many become followers? What is it in humans that gravitates toward conspiracy theories?

(these dumb questions won’t always be about the Broncos)
I'm waiting to see what happens today - before I decide which way to go with this.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conspiracy theories are so big today because of the relative ease of information passage in today’s society. Sprinkle in that the government hasn’t exactly been truthful or even upstanding in the past, and voila! People are disenfranchised and jaded, and are trying to make sense of things so they cling to every piece of bullshit they hear

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Qanon started way earlier than the BLM protests/riots in Portland.

Disenfranchised people are drawn to extremist/conspiratorial views because it gives them an identity and belonging they lacked. They can help give a target to blame for your woes. This is true for whatever the cause. Something about your life makes you unhappy and these groups give you an escape or way to fight back.

As far as I am aware the identity of Original Q isn’t known. But there have been many others stepping up to claim that role or be that mouthpiece. Many use the platform to sell crap. (Alex Jones model)

A lot of conspiracy theories are ways to explain a shitty situation is controlled rather than act of random events. Many take comfort in a shadowy cabal controlling things, even if the cabal works against the conspiracy theorist, rather than the thought that there is no secret entity pulling the strings. Covid created in a lab is way less scary than nature. One implies control, the other is chaos with potential for Covid-21 or 22 or Ebola super strain just around the corner.

So, you have a group of people wanting to explain life away, this group wants to belong because they are missing something in their lives. In comes the internet, where anyone can lock themselves in an echo chamber. Don’t have to be confronted with pesky facts that disprove the theory. And in the case of Qanon, no known Q so anybody can pose as the individual or claim some affiliation.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biden is still president - that tears it for me. Q can go F**k himself.

For @SpringStein's next dumb question - will Q now slip to something big happening on The Ides of March - or stick with the more familiar St. Patrick's Day?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think @LGM is code named Cue Ball. But, I get the confusion @LGM does say mysterious things that lead to speculative answers, but sadly he has no following.
Thank your lucky stars I don't have a following. Church of the Moon Shot has a nice ring to it.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Qanon is just another group of people looking to blame "someone" or "the man" or "minorities" or "insert other people here" for their lot in life. Did they get screwed somewhere down the line? I'm sure many did. I'm also sure that someone from the IRS, their family, church, school, job, or minority was the culprit. But that doesn't mean that particular system is corrupt or hell-bent on sticking it to "you", "them", "us".