• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke Football 2018

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1942 during WW2

douggie, Thanks for being my encyclopedia. I knew it was during World War II but I wasn't sure which year it was.

As I've told you, I'm a Duke fan when my Wolfpack is not involved. How could I not be since I was born in Durham even though my parents moved to Raleigh when I was 2 years old.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
douggie, Thanks for being my encyclopedia. I knew it was during World War II but I wasn't sure which year it was.

As I've told you, I'm a Duke fan when my Wolfpack is not involved. How could I not be since I was born in Durham even though my parents moved to Raleigh when I was 2 years old.

My Dad was a State grad and my oldest daughter is a State grad, so not much difference here either.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Dad was a State grad and my oldest daughter is a State grad, so not much difference here either.

While tailgating at Carter Stadium once upon a time before a game with Carolina a group of Carolina fans walked by and asked us State fans if we majored in Milking at Cow College. I'm not going to tell you what our reply to them was because I might get banned.

I know that Duke would like to play basketball in Cameron forever and I know that a lot of money has been spent renovating Wallace-Wade but with Duke on the rise in football have you heard anything about any plans to add more seating for their home football games?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While tailgating at Carter Stadium once upon a time before a game with Carolina a group of Carolina fans walked by and asked us State fans if we majored in Milking at Cow College I'm not going to tell you what our reply to them was because I might get banned

I know that Duke would like to play basketball in Cameron forever and I know that a lot of money has been spent renovating Wallace-Wade but with Duke on the rise in football have you heard anything about any plans to add more seating for their home football games?

The football renovations are done for the foreseeable future. They could easily put stands around the top of the horse shoe, but Duke needs to sell out what they have before that can happen. Amato started the State rise but when he was booed I knew it was a matter of time before he was gone, what a shame as he was really the reason for what Carter-Finley has become!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The football renovations are done for the foreseeable future. They could easily put stands around the top of the horse shoe, but Duke needs to sell out what they have before that can happen. Amato started the State rise but when he was booed I knew it was a matter of time before he was gone, what a shame as he was really the reason for what Carter-Finley has become!

douggie, I hear you but if Duke can live up to the expectations for 2018 and Coach Cut can continue to build their program I don't see why they should not be selling out every game. With the soaring growth in the Triangle many people want to attend a college football game on a Saturday afternoon whether they are Duke fans or not and with UNC and NCS mostly sold out I see this happening to Duke too as their program continues to rise. Attendance should get even better for Duke if they have a home game and UNC and/or NCS are on the road.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

douggie, You mentioned Amato and I still have mixed feelings about him. It sure didn't hurt him to look good by having Phillip Rivers running the show for him along with two future NFL receivers to go along with him though.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
douggie, You mentioned Amato and I still have mixed feelings about him. It sure didn't hurt him to look good by having Phillip Rivers running the show for him along with two future NFL receivers to go along with him though.

Don't forget Manny Lawson and Mario Williams, as he had a heckuva defense while coaching there. He just couldn't get the offense and defense at the same time.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Manny Lawson and Mario Williams, as he had a heckuva defense while coaching there. He just couldn't get the offense and defense at the same time.

douggie, I certainly haven't forgotten Manny and Mario and I think the Denver Broncos are going to be very pleased with Mr. Chubb on defense. Back to your point, it's amazing how teams can go into a season with both a great offense and defense and somehow they just don't gel together at the same time. Duke is in this same situation going into 2018 but I hope it all works out for them.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.png
Daniel Jones, redshirt junior, Duke. NFL people seem genuinely intrigued by this 6′ 5″, two-time team captain who, via coach David Cutcliffe, has had pro-style training and access to the Mannings. “He operates in the pocket and moves just like the Mannings,” said the NFC exec. “His feet are always moving. He’s talented, it’s just consistency and decision-making with him, he needs to clean up the turnovers. But it would not shock me if he winds up in first-round consideration. I saw him play Northwestern his freshman year, you could see he could make every throw. He’s a big, strong kid.”

Duke Football: Daniel Jones makes 2018 Maxwell Award Watch List

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 183491
Daniel Jones, redshirt junior, Duke. NFL people seem genuinely intrigued by this 6′ 5″, two-time team captain who, via coach David Cutcliffe, has had pro-style training and access to the Mannings. “He operates in the pocket and moves just like the Mannings,” said the NFC exec. “His feet are always moving. He’s talented, it’s just consistency and decision-making with him, he needs to clean up the turnovers. But it would not shock me if he winds up in first-round consideration. I saw him play Northwestern his freshman year, you could see he could make every throw. He’s a big, strong kid.”

Duke Football: Daniel Jones makes 2018 Maxwell Award Watch List

douggie, Congratulations for becoming a 20,000+ minute man!

Seriously, what are you expecting from your Blue Devils football team this coming season?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
douggie, Congratulations for becoming a 20,000+ minute man!

Seriously, what are you expecting from your Blue Devils football team this coming season?

Thanks! As much improved as they should be this season the OL is still a question mark since they lost three veterans, but they return a bunch of skill positions, and the better the Blue Devils get the better the division teams get as well!

Defense is solid but last season seemed to give up the big play which killed their chances in a six-game skid

Jones' numbers were down a bit last season but he had a great spring and looks to have a break out year!

I'm saying a conservative 7-5 and I believe they get beat by somebody they should win against, but they turn around and beat somebody they had no business beating