• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs @ Tank City (aka UTA) 1/31/14

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic trap game, 2nd game of B2B, playing against a weaker team, Dubs should clean up right?

Key to the games tonight, will be Defense, HB bringing the heat off the bench, limiting the Turnovers.

Dubs win easily, 109-99?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bench is an embarrassment. Out-scored 47 -10 by lowly Utah. Klay Thompson is absolute garbage. Can't even hit a lay up; 3 for 20 shooting. Iguodala needs to pick it up as well. Can't have your starting small forward averaging 4 points per game.

The good news is somehow they squeeked out a win against the worst team in the league.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bench is an embarrassment. Out-scored 47 -10 by lowly Utah. Klay Thompson is absolute garbage. Can't even hit a lay up; 3 for 20 shooting. Iguodala needs to pick it up as well. Can't have your starting small forward averaging 4 points per game.

The good news is somehow they squeeked out a win against the worst team in the league.

…and with Favors out as well. (of course Lee was out on our side but still)

Thankfully, Bogut stepped up in Lee's/Iguadola's/Thompson's absence. Not sure what to add to your comments about Klay and Iguadola. Iguadola can't seem to get an open shot, and when he does, his shot is ugly. Thompson has been getting a ton of wide-open looks and his shot consistently looks flat.

And the bench... Just when we thought it had turned the corner…

Thank God for Steph. The kid was on fire last night.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thankfully, Bogut stepped up in Lee's/Iguadola's/Thompson's absence. Not sure what to add to your comments about Klay and Iguadola. Iguadola can't seem to get an open shot, and when he does, his shot is ugly. Thompson has been getting a ton of wide-open looks and his shot consistently looks flat.

What happened to Paul Milsap? He no longer plays for Utah?

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Paul Milsap? He no longer plays for Utah?

He's in Atlanta now, and having an excellent year. He has somehow developed an impressive 3 point shot (2.5 per game at 37%). One of the guys I've always wanted the Warriors to get. The other 2 were Iguodala and Bogut, lol.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs weren't losing that game, and there was no way UTA was going to leave with a win (it goes against their tanking strategy)

Bogut is a beast this year, my favorite play from last night was him blocking Kanter and then staring him down briefly.

Klay was shooting balls up like it was a hot potato, sadly he missed all by 3 of them.

Not having D.Lee play was interesting, HB had his turn to run with the starters, and didn't do any better than Klay. 2 for 10. 8 pts, 6 boards. He was aggressive, but too aggressive, launching shots instead of just letting the game come to him.

With D.Lee out, I wonder if we are going to see a Kuzmic sighting again this year?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steph was brilliant, 44 points, 4 dimes, and only 2 TO. I think it was a combination of AI#9 and JC bringing the ball up court for Steph to get good looks. Either way, he made up for D.lee's scoring big time.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in Atlanta now, and having an excellent year. He has somehow developed an impressive 3 point shot (2.5 per game at 37%). One of the guys I've always wanted the Warriors to get. The other 2 were Iguodala and Bogut, lol.

I always thought Milsap had a very good game but was underrated up there in snow white Utah.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs weren't losing that game, and there was no way UTA was going to leave with a win (it goes against their tanking strategy)

Bogut is a beast this year, my favorite play from last night was him blocking Kanter and then staring him down briefly.

Klay was shooting balls up like it was a hot potato, sadly he missed all by 3 of them.

Not having D.Lee play was interesting, HB had his turn to run with the starters, and didn't do any better than Klay. 2 for 10. 8 pts, 6 boards. He was aggressive, but too aggressive, launching shots instead of just letting the game come to him.

With D.Lee out, I wonder if we are going to see a Kuzmic sighting again this year?

Bogut is a very good player when he's healthy. He's a lot more athletic than I thought.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My favorite play was when one of the Jazz, I can't remember who, drove down the lane and Speights swatted his shot out of bounds and you could clearly hear one of the Warriors say "get that shit out of here." Cracked me up. You can take the boy out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the boy I guess.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite play was when one of the Jazz, I can't remember who, drove down the lane and Speights swatted his shot out of bounds and you could clearly hear one of the Warriors say "get that shit out of here." Cracked me up. You can take the boy out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the boy I guess.

Hahaha that was draymond green who said "get that shit outta here "

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha that was draymond green who said "get that shit outta here "

It was funny! Reminded me of some pick up games I played in in the army.