• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs @ POR 4/13/14

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the phantom call against Klay at the end, good job Ref's :L

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another end of game fiasco for the Warriors. Jackson has no clue.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another end of game fiasco for the Warriors. Jackson has no clue.

Did you actually watch the game? They had a great play drawn up with a wide open Iguodala 3 point attempt. I'll take that every day of the week. I'm not necessarily a believer in Jackson and his strategies, but even I can't find fault with any end of game management from him.

The Warriors had already lost Klay and DLee fouling out. Bogut got injured. The Warriors will be on a back to back tomorrow and there was absolutely no need to go into a 2nd overtime if given the chance to go for the win.

It was a longshot anyways to get the 5 seed. Rest up and get healthy for the post season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually watch the game? They had a great play drawn up with a wide open Iguodala 3 point attempt. I'll take that every day of the week. I'm not necessarily a believer in Jackson and his strategies, but even I can't find fault with any end of game management from him.

The Warriors had already lost Klay and DLee fouling out. Bogut got injured. The Warriors will be on a back to back tomorrow and there was absolutely no need to go into a 2nd overtime if given the chance to go for the win.

It was a longshot anyways to get the 5 seed. Rest up and get healthy for the post season.

I'm talking about the defense at the end where they let Portland's best scorer get the ball uncontested at the free throw line. How do you not cover Aldridge in that situation? You let anyone but him beat you.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the defense at the end where they let Portland's best scorer get the ball uncontested at the free throw line. How do you not cover Aldridge in that situation? You let anyone but him beat you.

Jim Barnett said it best. " shots are being contested but these guys are just that good" meaning the blazers an warriors

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Barnett said it best. " shots are being contested but these guys are just that good" meaning the blazers an warriors

He must have forgotten about the Aldridge game winner because that was not contested at all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only showed one quick replay but it looked like Aldridge fouled Bogut on the play he got injured. From what I saw Bogut went up vertically whereas Aldridge lunged forward and initiated the contact. If I'm correct he should've never been awarded two free throws and we likely win the game outright. As it was that play was a disaster for the Dubs. It diminished our chances of winning in OT and if Bogut broke a rib that's it for this year. Ezeli is the only other big who protects the paint and it seems like his injury is going to cost him the entire season. If Bogut is out for the year I hope Lacob backs off of his silly proclamation that this year is a failure if the Warriors don't win a championship. This isn't a championship quality roster top to bottom.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only showed one quick replay but it looked like Aldridge fouled Bogut on the play he got injured. From what I saw Bogut went up vertically whereas Aldridge lunged forward and initiated the contact. If I'm correct he should've never been awarded two free throws and we likely win the game outright. As it was that play was a disaster for the Dubs. It diminished our chances of winning in OT and if Bogut broke a rib that's it for this year. Ezeli is the only other big who protects the paint and it seems like his injury is going to cost him the entire season. If Bogut is out for the year I hope Lacob backs off of his silly proclamation that this year is a failure if the Warriors don't win a championship. This isn't a championship quality roster top to bottom.

I hope he has his eye on klove. And hopefully they're trying to
Convince LBJ. Maybe bosh would be a nice fit for this team

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Its not even a team that should get out of round one. Not saying they won't, but it would certainly be an upset if they did.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a second round playoff team or west finals max

You think they should beat the Clippers and then the Thunder? Not me. I think they'd be the underdog in both of those series'

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Lacob backs off of his silly proclamation that this year is a failure if the Warriors don't win a championship. This isn't a championship quality roster top to bottom.

Wait a minute, where did Lacob say this year was a "failure" if they don't "win the championship?" Even with Lacob's history of overconfidence, it's hard to believe he said that.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this defensively schizophrenic team wins more than one game in the playoffs, I'll be surprised.

Fall to the Clippers 4-1 and Jax is fired.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute, where did Lacob say this year was a "failure" if they don't "win the championship?" Even with Lacob's history of overconfidence, it's hard to believe he said that.

The headline I read was a bit inflammatory and distorted so my bad for quoting it offhand. I dug a little deeper and this is what he actually said.

"We have to win a championship. I will be a failure - we will be a failure - if we do not win a championship."

Fair enough - I can't find fault with his basic outlook. That being said I do get the idea from his comments that he somehow feels that this team has underachieved under MJ, who seems to be held to a very, very high standard. I hope the same standard applies to Myers who has been very good (like Mark Jackson) but hardly perfect as a GM. He may have put together a championship quality starting lineup, but the bench while slightly improved with Blake aboard, is still pretty poor overall.

Anyway it's nervous time for Warrior's fans. Assuming Bogut isn't done for the year, it seems likely that he's on the shelf for the next two games. That being the case, there's no guarantee that the Warriors win either of these games. It's still possible they could slide to 8 and face the Spurs who will surely spoil Lacob's vision of a deep run in the playoffs.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it hurts for bogut to cough damn. I hope he's not done but it doesn't sound good

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this defensively schizophrenic team wins more than one game in the playoffs, I'll be surprised.

Fall to the Clippers 4-1 and Jax is fired.

Brace yourself to be surprised, I guess.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brace yourself to be surprised, I guess.

I'm prepared. I've got a couple hundred with friends that they don't win more than one. Looks like I'm coming up with some cash. However, all three of them are drunk on the Game 1 result and have gone double or nothing on the series. I'm pretty sure I'll break even.