• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs @ HOU 11/8/14 5pm PST Tip

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next real test for the surging DUBS, can they stay undefeated?

No D.Lee is going to hurt us eventually. Until then, we have to ride D.Green's hot streak.

I would like to see us shoot less 3's and work the ball towards the hoop more, especially when D12 isn't in the game changing shots.

If Ref's let Harden carry the ball all night long, this could get ugly quick.

I'm hoping our depth and bench carries us again, Dubs steal one 105-101?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors didn't play well against the Rockets in the MJ era, so I'm curious as to how the "new" Warriors will do. They've really had some poor performances in Houston so this will be a good barometer game as to where they really are.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D12 didn't play tonight, HOU seemed content on launching 100 3pters.

1st half was ugly, Rockets got the "home court" calls, and DUB's were in getting called for every little foul.

3rd quarter is where I thought our bench shined. D.Green was pulled early on, AI#9 came in and settled things down. Bogut was a big factor tonight, 8 pts, 18 boards, 4 blocks, great passes.

Klay doesn't like shooting in HOU, seems like he left his Jumper in the Bay somewhere. 3-16 tonight and took a hard foul when driving to the hole. But that was a good sign for Klay tonight, 8 FT attempts.

Lastly, Steph was in full El Fuego mode late in the 4th, 34 pts, 10 boards, 5 dimes, 4 steals. His steals and defense is what really got us going aswell in the 3rd.

DUBS 5-0 for the first time since 94'-95. Cue the Haters.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to my sister's house last night to watch LSU play Bama. Somehow, the Dubs' game didn't tape (directv). Really happy that we won, and in Houston, but really pissed that I didn't get to watch Curry shoot 13-19 and 6-9 from 3.

I guess I can't leave the house and expect what happens every other night to happen, that what's supposed to get taped gets taped. Plus, I got to watch my Tigers give it away to Bama. A great night in sports!

Memphis lost, so GS is the only undefeated team.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to my sister's house last night to watch LSU play Bama. Somehow, the Dubs' game didn't tape (directv). Really happy that we won, and in Houston, but really pissed that I didn't get to watch Curry shoot 13-19 and 6-9 from 3.

I guess I can't leave the house and expect what happens every other night to happen, that what's supposed to get taped gets taped. Plus, I got to watch my Tigers give it away to Bama. A great night in sports!

Memphis lost, so GS is the only undefeated team.

Dubs didn't really show up until the 3rd quarter anyway.

Something very scary, 26 TO's last night. I didn't think it was that high, but they were throwing it away like it was going out o style.

Steph 5, Klay, Livingston, DGreen 4 each, Barbosa 3, HB/Bogut 2 each.

Steph due to his responsibilities is going to have high TO's, but there a few that he just air balled over players heads.

Klay had a bad night over all. Livingston only played 15 mins, 2 assists, but 4 TO's? that's sloppy. DGreen having 4 TO's worries me. He's always been a hard worker, but he needs to cut down on the bone headed plays with the ball.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs didn't really show up until the 3rd quarter anyway.

Something very scary, 26 TO's last night. I didn't think it was that high, but they were throwing it away like it was going out o style.

Steph 5, Klay, Livingston, DGreen 4 each, Barbosa 3, HB/Bogut 2 each.

Steph due to his responsibilities is going to have high TO's, but there a few that he just air balled over players heads.

Klay had a bad night over all. Livingston only played 15 mins, 2 assists, but 4 TO's? that's sloppy. DGreen having 4 TO's worries me. He's always been a hard worker, but he needs to cut down on the bone headed plays with the ball.

Oh, Lord, I didn't realize that. I did see Curry's 5 (I always look at his complete box score), but I had no idea that we had 26 in total. That's also very surprising that Thompson had such an off game, though as you said, 8 FTs is a big plus. The Rockets must have really stunk it up. I guess Howard is injured? He had a huge game recently, I remember. I wonder if the Dubs would have won with him. I saw a few highlights (was desperate for something) and saw Curry making a few pretty much uncontested layups. Oh, even my highlights were screwed up. They would play for about 2 seconds, then the video was pause for 5, then 2 seconds of highlights again. I guess it just wasn't meant to be, me seeing the game.

I think that Houston's bad game may have led to the Dubs sloppiness. Teams tend to play to their competition's level, as you know. I can't wait to see both Curry and Thompson at this year's All-star game. I truly hope that GS was never really thinking about the Thompson for Love trade. Looking at things now, 4-5 months later, it seems obvious, but I guess it was less obvious back then, but not to me.

I really love D Green. He's still young and he's going to make his mistakes, but they are normally in trying to make the extra pass. One can tell that he has a high upside.

Hey, let me ask you (and anyone else) this. What has happened with NBA salaries so that Ricky Rubio can get a 4 year and $56 million contract, and Klay's $70 million, when someone like Curry makes, what, $11 million per? Are revenues going up substantially within the league? I looked at some salaries on Brooklyn (not sure why) and they have 3 guys above $15 million. I guess some of that is playing in NY, but something has happened that I'm not aware of. Unlike most of y'all (sorry), I'm not at all attuned to salary caps, contracts in general, etc. I must have missed something that has put a lot more money to be spent on salaries.

Oh, I wanted to ask you, which college football team do you or some of the other guys pull for, and do most people on the west coast detest the SEC as it related to football?

The niners are playing my saints today. I don't lose any sleep over the Saints if they win or lose (like I might do with LSU), but as someone from Louisiana, it's only natural to follow and pull for the Saints. I'm sure a lot of you pull for the niners. I personally like their team, normally pretty enjoyable to watch. Okay, gotta go hit some golf.

Thanks and have a good day.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite Houston being without 3/5ths of their starting lineup, the Warriors came out and played poorly like they usually do in Houston. No rhythm, back on their heels, slow to close out 3 point shooters, and just a step late to the ball in general.

Fortunately they turned the game around with an amazing defensive effort in the second half, limiting Houston to 13 points in the 3rd quarter, and 18 points in the 4th quarter. The offense was still up and down, and remains a work in progress. Not surprising, considering a new offensive scheme and team that really hasn't even nailed down their player rotations yet.

Klay had a terrible shooting night, and forced the action a bit too much off the dribble resulting in 4 turnovers, but unlike the "old" Klay, he still managed to impact the game in a positive way, collecting 6 assists and 4 rebounds, along with playing his usual solid D.

Livingston had a rough night, but I think once he shakes off the rust and gets in his comfort zone, he's going to be very effective for the Warriors. He's a smart player, who generally makes very good decisions on the court.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Road Warriors win in Houston 98-87

Big win by the Warriors on the road 98-87 after trailing by 8 points at halftime. Big 3rd quarter outscoring the Rockets 28-13. Warriors 5-0 and 3-0 on the road. Playing good ball.

Go Warriors !!

:suds::clap:

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets may have been without three of their five starters, but the Dubs were missing two of theirs. Lee is hurt, and Klay had one of his poorest games as a pro. Still, winning on the orad is always tough, so credit to the team for playing through the ugly patches and notching the victory.

Speights, again, with some inspired play at important times.

Oh, and my football (soccer) team sucks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets may have been without three of their five starters, but the Dubs were missing two of theirs. Lee is hurt, and Klay had one of his poorest games as a pro. Still, winning on the orad is always tough, so credit to the team for playing through the ugly patches and notching the victory.

Speights, again, with some inspired play at important times.

Oh, and my football (soccer) team sucks.

Speights doesn't get much ink or attention, but he is a very capable scorer. He's a "wide-body", as T. Heinson (sp??) would say, and he's got a good 18 foot jumper.

Sorry to hear about your soccer team. At least you still stick with them though they "suck".

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Lord, I didn't realize that. I did see Curry's 5 (I always look at his complete box score), but I had no idea that we had 26 in total. That's also very surprising that Thompson had such an off game, though as you said, 8 FTs is a big plus. The Rockets must have really stunk it up. I guess Howard is injured? He had a huge game recently, I remember. I wonder if the Dubs would have won with him. I saw a few highlights (was desperate for something) and saw Curry making a few pretty much uncontested layups. Oh, even my highlights were screwed up. They would play for about 2 seconds, then the video was pause for 5, then 2 seconds of highlights again. I guess it just wasn't meant to be, me seeing the game.

I think that Houston's bad game may have led to the Dubs sloppiness. Teams tend to play to their competition's level, as you know. I can't wait to see both Curry and Thompson at this year's All-star game. I truly hope that GS was never really thinking about the Thompson for Love trade. Looking at things now, 4-5 months later, it seems obvious, but I guess it was less obvious back then, but not to me.

I really love D Green. He's still young and he's going to make his mistakes, but they are normally in trying to make the extra pass. One can tell that he has a high upside.

Hey, let me ask you (and anyone else) this. What has happened with NBA salaries so that Ricky Rubio can get a 4 year and $56 million contract, and Klay's $70 million, when someone like Curry makes, what, $11 million per? Are revenues going up substantially within the league? I looked at some salaries on Brooklyn (not sure why) and they have 3 guys above $15 million. I guess some of that is playing in NY, but something has happened that I'm not aware of. Unlike most of y'all (sorry), I'm not at all attuned to salary caps, contracts in general, etc. I must have missed something that has put a lot more money to be spent on salaries.

Oh, I wanted to ask you, which college football team do you or some of the other guys pull for, and do most people on the west coast detest the SEC as it related to football?

The niners are playing my saints today. I don't lose any sleep over the Saints if they win or lose (like I might do with LSU), but as someone from Louisiana, it's only natural to follow and pull for the Saints. I'm sure a lot of you pull for the niners. I personally like their team, normally pretty enjoyable to watch. Okay, gotta go hit some golf.

Thanks and have a good day.

Greg

First there is a huge misconception for some reason when it comes to Steph's deal. He signed his extension after missing most of the previous year due to a major ankle injury. Neither Steph, nor the Warriors team, was sure if that was going to be a lingering issue or not. To that point he had two back to back seasons in which ankle injuries had plagued him. The Warriors and Steph both took a risk with a 4 year 44M extension. If Steph wasn't able to play because of injury, the Warriors were taking a big risk. If Steph was playing up to his potential and able to shake the injury, he would be playing way below market value. The Warriors didn't underpay Steph, nor did Steph take less money. They agreed on a deal that would protect both of their interests.

Here is the general rule for contracts given in the NBA: Bad teams have to pay more to retain current players or sign away free agents. Klay's and Rubio's deal are two completely different scenarios. The Warriors locked up Klay at the market rate. If Klay was a free agent, another team would have offered him the same $$$, however the structure of the deal could have really hurt the Warriors. By the Warriors signing Klay, to their own contract structuring, they've set themselves up to protect against any large cap increases in the future. It's not a true max deal, but he's getting paid based on a first year rate of 15.5M, with raises each year. If it was a true max deal, the percentage he could be paid could go up exponentially, based on the new cap each season.

Rubio's deal was to protect the Wolves. No one really knows what his true market value is. He could have very easily been offered a larger deal by another team, which the Wolves would have decided if they would match or let him walk. The general rule is that you have to overpay in order to sign away a restricted free agent, which Rubio would have been. Since teams can simply match an offer, the free agents have to be offered a deal that deters the former team from retaining them. Additionally, bad teams have to overpay to sign players as well. If a team is bad, or not in an ideal market, the players generally have to be compensated to even look in their direction. There could have been a team that threw a max deal towards Rubio and the Wolves would have been stuck in a very tough situation.