• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DT Joe Vellano

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early but he looks like he has good quickness plus Belichick said yesterday he has a nose for the ball. It's a good thing they have more pieces of a 4-3 in place because he's a fit in that scheme @ 6'2 300 lbs or so. I remember seeing Fred Smerlas on one of the Sports shows...maybe CSNNE... talking him up during camp and then he made the team so maybe Belchick has mined another UDFA gem. He deserves credit for doing that once again and Buchanan looks like another one that will help the outside rush.

In any case he'll get a big shot of PT along with Chris Jones with Vince out.

“He’s(Vellano) got good instincts, kind of has a nose for the ball, good feel for what’s going on. He’s really worked hard to first come in as an undrafted player and earn a spot on the roster. He had an opportunity to get some playing time as we went through the preseason and he took advantage of those opportunities. He made a few plays, had some production. That led to a little bit more opportunity.

“There’s a lot of things that’s he’s improved in in terms of technique and recognition and reaction. He’s making progress. He works hard every day. He’s the first one on and last one off the field or close to it, puts in a lot of extra time, tries to get better at the things he needs to work on and that’s helped him.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I've seen of him, though I'm worried what will happen with him thrust into a starting role now.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes probably inline to get the most reps initially until armstead comes back. i think they might put buchanin in and slide jones inside more too. they either have to get armstead up and going soon or bring in a dt or trade. dont think vellano will cut it but he will be ok short term.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes probably inline to get the most reps initially until armstead comes back. i think they might put buchanin in and slide jones inside more too. they either have to get armstead up and going soon or bring in a dt or trade. dont think vellano will cut it but he will be ok short term.

If Armestead comes back, I have no idea what the deal is with him. Talk about Hush Hush

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a draft bio on Vellano.

In 2011 he played inside as a DT and had 94 tackles with 2.5 sacks.
In 2012 they moved him to DE and his number dropped to 61 tackles but his sacks rose to six.

94 tackles is what you'd expect to see from a linebacker so he knows how to make plays inside.

If he can play as well as Mike Wright I'll be happy.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't count on Armstead for ANYTHING this year. He's so far behind that there's not much chance he'll be a contributor unless he's an exceptionally fast study.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't count on Armstead for ANYTHING this year. He's so far behind that there's not much chance he'll be a contributor unless he's an exceptionally fast study.

I still have no idea WTF is wrong with him or when he might be back.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
officials fear he may have caught an ancient strain of bublonic plague thought to have been eradicated during the middle ages. if hes cleared to play he could unleash a new Black Death on millions. they are keeping him quaranteened down in New Mexico.