• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drouin trade close? Stamkos extension close?

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Drouin? Stamkos Deal? Hartnell for Wilson Not Happening; Monday's Buzzcast

I've heard a Drouin deal is close, with a trade happening as early as today. St. Louis and Minnesota are believed to be the teams leading the race for Drouin.

In terms of Stamkos, as much as it's a "rumour" it's still good to hear.

Yes Danny, if he is right, that is really great news about Stamkos! I don't know why they didn't play Drouin more but the same happened to Stamkos under Barry "Mellonhead" Melrose if you recall and he wasn't a baby about it. Time for Drouin to grow up and mature to play in the NHL. He sounds like a "silver spoon" baby, everything was fed to him! Grow up, grow some balls and either start scoring or play defense and offense better. Jessh, not too hard, and if he thinks he's disappointed, I can only imagine how the people with the high expectations about him feel. I am sure glad that I wasn't one of them!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Seth Jones he was second rated after McKinnon And was supprised when Panthers
passed on him then we passed on him. Nashville couldn't believe their
good fortune. And we got Drouin.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the 2013 draft you couldn't go wrong with MacKinnon, Barkov, Drouin & Jones, they were all really talented prospects and all 4 of them had a chance of going # 1 overall. I wanted Drouin at the time because Marty was coming to the end of his career and Drouin seemed an obvious long term replacement, there skillset were very similar. I like Drouin, I was expecting more from him at this point in his career but some prospects take longer to develop than others. I do think Drouin is going to be a very good NHL player. For some reason things haven't worked out for him here, in my opinion mainly due to the fact him and Cooper don't see eye-to-eye. If I were Yzerman, I would be reluctant to trade Drouin given his potential but if a player wants out you move him just like we did with Marty.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rumour hearing today is that Wild are potentially dangling Matt Dumba out there for a possibly move for Drouin.

Also Kopitar is close to signing an 8 year $80 million ($10 mil per) dollar extension with the Kings. This is somewhat good news on the Stamkos front in my opinion as you know now the market for Stamkos which is probably $10.5 mill per.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rumour hearing today is that Wild are potentially dangling Matt Dumba out there for a possibly move for Drouin.

Also Kopitar is close to signing an 8 year $80 million ($10 mil per) dollar extension with the Kings. This is somewhat good news on the Stamkos front in my opinion as you know now the market for Stamkos which is probably $10.5 mill per.
Ya but taxes in la are much higher so stamkos could sign here for the same as kopitar and make more money. As for drouin I doubt the wild move dumba for him myself. I think personally Stevie waits to the draft and moves drouin for a top 5 pick to a team like buffalo or the oilers. Stevie then would have a cheap elc for 3 or 4 years while we are paying other guys big.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but taxes in la are much higher so stamkos could sign here for the same as kopitar and make more money. As for drouin I doubt the wild move dumba for him myself. I think personally Stevie waits to the draft and moves drouin for a top 5 pick to a team like buffalo or the oilers. Stevie then would have a cheap elc for 3 or 4 years while we are paying other guys big.

I've heard the Wild are definitely considering Dumba for Drouin, the Wild have a lot of depth on the blueline so it makes sense for them.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard the Wild are definitely considering Dumba for Drouin, the Wild have a lot of depth on the blueline so it makes sense for them.
Yes but the problem is the Lightning want dumba and more draft pick for drouin.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup guys, Pens play the Lightning next, so it gave me a great excuse to say hello to my buddies on the Bolts page. Hope all is well with you guys.

Really surprised what's going on with Jonathan Drouin, really thought him & the Lightning were going to be a good fit. Looks like that relationship has soured to the point of no repair.

Looking forward to the game, both teams have been disappointing so far, hope we could both find our footing & play to expectations.

Peace all :peace2:

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi doob nice to see you on this board again. Not surprised about Drouin I saw this coming
when Cooper scratched him frequently while he played lesser players. I guess
the two didn't get along, its too bad because Drouin will probably be a star for some other team
as a lot of former Bolts have done. Sorry for your Pens catching our team
when we are finally starting to play like last year.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt yzerman moves drouin unless someone gives him a awesome package! Passing on Seth jones was bad enough for drouin. Now yzerman has to sell low on this kid which he won't.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup guys, Pens play the Lightning next, so it gave me a great excuse to say hello to my buddies on the Bolts page. Hope all is well with you guys.

Really surprised what's going on with Jonathan Drouin, really thought him & the Lightning were going to be a good fit. Looks like that relationship has soured to the point of no repair.

Looking forward to the game, both teams have been disappointing so far, hope we could both find our footing & play to expectations.

Peace all :peace2:
. Was a great ot game doobee

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin has 2 G 1 A in 7 games with Crunch, not very inspiring.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin has 2 G 1 A in 7 games with Crunch, not very inspiring.
He had a ankle injury so if his ankle is not healthy enough he won't be very good. Drouin needs his speed.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a ankle injury so if his ankle is not healthy enough he won't be very good. Drouin needs his speed.

He seems to be very injury prone! He needs more than his speed, Todd, he needs a huge bubble wrapped around him to prevent injuries! We won't get anything more than a "has been" or an AHL quality do nothing for him at this rate. And he is complaining about time on ice. Stay healthy Drouin!