• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drop Eli Manning??

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I want to pick up more wide receivers and I have Stafford as my QB (I know he is hit or miss) but there are a decent number of QBs who I can pick up in case Stafford goes down or anything like that. So Should I do it and drop Manning?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure wouldn't blame you. Would take a desperate team to pick him up, otherwise he'll probably be there if you need him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think if I do in fact drop him that I wouldn't be able to pick him pretty much right back up again. But I am sure there are probably more QBs worthy to pick up if I need too besides him.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is 10th in TD's i don't know much about FF but aren't TD's good? I think Eli will be in the top 10 in TD all year, hell he has to with that running game.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop him? I guess if you want WR depth, but just to let ya know, I just traded for him (he was in the deal, but my 'get' was Dez), and plan to start him every week from here on out (week 9 bye n/a). He's not gonna throw 35 interceptions, he has a great schedule, healthy receivers... it's turn around time!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is 10th in TD's i don't know much about FF but aren't TD's good? I think Eli will be in the top 10 in TD all year, hell he has to with that running game.

Yes they are and yes he may very well be. But interceptions are also negative (most leagues).
And with all those extra possessions to the opponents, he's not getting near the yards he should be either.

For reference, I've styled my own league's scoring to be a bit more representative of what actually wins and losses games on the field, not just yards and TD'S. What will the commentators tell you each and every game? The team that turns the ball over the least nearly always wins the game right? So In this league an interception counts as much negatively as a TD does positively, an INT returned for a TD? double it. Eli is barely even in the positive for my league. Granted that doesn't mean much for standard scoring leagues, but speaks to my issue with him as an unreliable fantasy QB

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are and yes he may very well be. But interceptions are also negative (most leagues).
And with all those extra possessions to the opponents, he's not getting near the yards he should be either.

For reference, I've styled my own league's scoring to be a bit more representative of what actually wins and losses games on the field, not just yards and TD'S. What will the commentators tell you each and every game? The team that turns the ball over the least nearly always wins the game right? So In this league an interception counts as much negatively as a TD does positively, an INT returned for a TD? double it. Eli is barely even in the positive for my league. Granted that doesn't mean much for standard scoring leagues, but speaks to my issue with him as an unreliable fantasy QB

same in my league, hence why I was thinking about dropping him. I get the team is getting healthier but that doesn't mean Manning will suddenly stop throwing INTs, which kills my team. i am only thinking about this from a fantasy perspective, not real life.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same in my league, hence why I was thinking about dropping him. I get the team is getting healthier but that doesn't mean Manning will suddenly stop throwing INTs, which kills my team. i am only thinking about this from a fantasy perspective, not real life.

Like with any fantasy question need to know format of the league
Im in a 14 team 2 QB league so no way id drop him If in single QB league and u have Stafford then no need to keep him( pick something up on staffords bye week)
Eli over last 3 years avg the same points as Freeman:wtf2:

As for the hit or miss thing not many QBs that arent but more about they have the ability to get a big week:suds:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda like what TKO is putting down here. NYG's have a chance to right the ship, via facing pretty easy schedule jammed full of weak defenses for the 2nd half of the season.

I dropped him earlier in the season in a few leagues, but am now working my benches to get him back in most of those same leagues

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like with any fantasy question need to know format of the league
Im in a 14 team 2 QB league so no way id drop him If in single QB league and u have Stafford then no need to keep him( pick something up on staffords bye week)
Eli over last 3 years avg the same points as Freeman:wtf2:

As for the hit or miss thing not many QBs that arent but more about they have the ability to get a big week:suds:

It is a 10 team league head to head points format. We do get 2 QBs on our roster.. There really isn't anything special out there on the waiver wire if I were to drop Eli and get another QB... I guess I shall hang onto him for now until someone really good or at least semi-decent comes along in a player that I just can't be without