• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Lock had a good week

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s quietly been a great week for Drew Lock

The guy in this article points out that John Elway and Vic Fangio have completed the Drew Lock pirouette and now talk about the QB position as a resolved roster spot and even one to build a team around. By a startling coincidence Peyton Manning has spent time with Drew Lock on the phone about how to set up his off season development - during the time period the Broncos can't talk to him about his job.

The article here made me think that maybe the handling and development of Drew Lock during his 1st season was a criticism the Broncos came to in the season's end evaluation. If you become convinced that your OC and QB coach aren't recognizing talent and bringing it along fast enough - maybe that's when they decided to make a change.

Go Broncos! Sometimes I like to sleuth the truth behind decisions made - half the time I turnout wrong.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he should get working out with all our WR's soon I belive.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a valuable resource for the Broncos in a time in the league calendar where they can't talk shop with the players on their own roster - that Drew Lock - gets to call Peyton Manning and get all the trainings advise for free. Peyton - of course, can get the Shurmur offense from his brother - and let Lock play with that too.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a valuable resource for the Broncos in a time in the league calendar where they can't talk shop with the players on their own roster - that Drew Lock - gets to call Peyton Manning and get all the trainings advise for free. Peyton - of course, can get the Shurmur offense from his brother - and let Lock play with that too.
Interesting idea Mingo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nice to see of the kid stepping up and realizing the need for growth. There are a lot of QB's that come into the league thinking they have already arrived and don't need advice from guys who have done it before.

Think Paxton Lynch. The guy viewed playing video games all day every day of the offseason as a better use of his time than learning the playbook or working on his technique. If anything I would say Paxton regressed in his time with the Broncos. That only happens when a player refuses to put in the work.