• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draymond Green

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please rationally explain to me why so many people think he's a top 10(this is legit psychotic) to 15 player in this league?

I don't watch him play even 40 games much less 82 a year. But it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know all the skills of a basketball player.

If he went to a random shit/average team as the #2 guy(much less #1), not only does that team suck ass but he himself would be a has been.

And I would bet everything I own(granted it's not a fortress) on that.

Plus, he's a guy who needs to be drinking soup through a straw.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please rationally explain to me why so many people think he's a top 10(this is legit psychotic) to 15 player in this league?

I don't watch him play even 40 games much less 82 a year. But it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know all the skills of a basketball player.

If he went to a random shit/average team as the #2 guy(much less #1), not only does that team suck ass but he himself would be a has been.

Hes pretty over rated i think. As the focal point of any defense he would be skewered. I imagine he would struggle quiet a bit with his overall numbers as well. But his defense is elite. Hes just a bit under sized for my tastes.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you notice how the Cavs' defensive plan is to let Green be wide open from outside ?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you notice how the Cavs' defensive plan is to let Green be wide open from outside ?

Yes. Not sure if he has any real offensive talent rather then quality passing to deadly shooters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is a truly elite defender and one of the best passers in the league. He is not a scorer, more like a forward version of Jason Kidd, but an even better defender.

While he would not be the ideal lead player on a team, he is absolutely perfect to fit alongside a couple good perimeter scorers. He is GS' most irreplaceable player, IMO.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an emotional guy, but he fires the team up when they need it, play's good defense, can hit three's and rebound well, he's a hybrid player...

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great defender and normally a decent shooter with an average post game. He'll never be the #1 unless he's on one of the worst teams in the league. He's top ten at his position and maybe top 5 but overall idk if he's even top 20 imo

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fits perfectly in the GS system. Like any player that ever joins the Patriots becomes a pro-bowler immediately.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how anyone could view him a single Top 10-15.

He's not top 50 imo.

But he's capable of making every team better. His strong suits are defense and passing. What he lacks in size he more than makes up for with effort and enthusiasm.

He is a well rounded player But with Durant, he handles the ball less and isn't needed as a shooter.

He'll be a HC someday.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is a truly elite defender and one of the best passers in the league. He is not a scorer, more like a forward version of Jason Kidd, but an even better defender.

While he would not be the ideal lead player on a team, he is absolutely perfect to fit alongside a couple good perimeter scorers. He is GS' most irreplaceable player, IMO.

Pretty much this. I'd also venture to say he could easily score more if he were in a situation that required it. GS just doesn't ask that of him. He's definitely at Top 15 player, bordering top 10

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much this. I'd also venture to say he could easily score more if he were in a situation that required it. GS just doesn't ask that of him. He's definitely at Top 15 player, bordering top 10
He could possibly put up Kevin Love type numbers if he were in a situation like those Twolves teams.

But I don't see how he can rank that high. Even in college he often facilitated. Along with Denzel.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could possibly put up Kevin Love type numbers if he were in a situation like those Twolves teams.

But I don't see how he can rank that high. Even in college he often facilitated. Along with Denzel.

It depends on how much you rate his defensive abilities. That raises his stock immensely imo. He's essentially a basketball unicorn. People like to compare new players to Draymond Green or teams try to fit players into a "Green type role" but you can't because he's unique. He's strong as an ox yet nimble and it allows him to guard 1 thru 5. There's maybe 1, maybe 2 guys that can do that tops.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious, but who said Draymond Green is/was a top 10/15 NBA player?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on how much you rate his defensive abilities. That raises his stock immensely imo. He's essentially a basketball unicorn. People like to compare new players to Draymond Green or teams try to fit players into a "Green type role" but you can't because he's unique. He's strong as an ox yet nimble and it allows him to guard 1 thru 5. There's maybe 1, maybe 2 guys that can do that tops.
No arguement here. (Other one being BronBron?)

He's prolly my favorite current NBAer tbh. I think he would've been better 25-30'years ago though.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No arguement here. (Other than being BronBron?)

He's prolly my favorite current NBAer tbh. I think he would've been better 25-30'years ago though.

Yeah, I was thinking Lebron but really, that's about it. Davis...maybe, but I haven't seen it consistently enough out of him yet

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was thinking Lebron but really, that's about it. Davis...maybe, but I haven't seen it consistently enough out of him yet
I'm pretty much with you there. Davis can't really handle the real small guys, but he'll try his damnedest. Not like I watch a shit ton of Pelicans games or anything.

Draymond can't really either. But he could've done it well in the more physical eras. (DG was going to Kentucky too. But not without Tubby. Then he stayed home. His Aunt played ball for Sparty too.)