• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Recap

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RND # TEAM PLAYER POS. SCHOOL HT. WT. CBS Expert Grade
1 8 Tavon Austin WR West Virginia 5-09 174 B
1 30 Alec Ogletree OLB Georgia 6-3 242 B-
3 71 T.J. McDonald FS Southern California 6-3 219 D+
3 92 Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia 5-10 193 A-
4 113 Barrett Jones C Alabama 6-5 306 A-
5 149 Brandon McGee CB Miami (Fla.) 5-11 193 C
5 160 Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt 5-09 216 B-

somebody go get infor on these last 2 guys u.u

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Chaos, he is a good runner with a will to stay going on a poor team. He has heart and that is why Fisher got him.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give the Rams a B, but I want to give them a B- :gaah: FIsher and Co got some talent and did a pretty good job in this draft, but they freaked out and made sure they were getting playmakers (WRs) early and gave up too much for a little man, not Julio Jones.

If the Rams stay put at 16 and take Jarvis Jones, then still trade with ATL and taken Matt Elam at 30. Then taken Le'veon Bell at 46. We could have taken Keenan Allen at 71 and Stedman Bailey at 92. Barrett Jones I like in the 4th. Terry Hawthorne in the 5th. Zac Stacy in 6th and Jason Weaver OT So Miss with the other 6th.

That's what you get if I draft and let the chips fall.

Zac Stacy was the best RB at the combine with the bench (27) and 3 cone. He's 5'9 216 with power and doesn't go down. Doesn't have the burst, but can run between the tackles.

The Rams could have gotten this guy in the 6th. Don't get why we traded our two 6 rounders for 1 5th. Not like a guy in the 5th is way better than a guy in the 6th, much less 2 guys in the 6th. They had to have a few guys and they better pay off because we just gave away a few picks.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGee CB Miami 5'11 193 was just like Hawthorne coming out of high school and McGee runs a 4.38 40. Has good speed, but not a good tackler.

Hawthorne is 6'0 195 runs a 4.31 40 and plaed WR/CB at Illinois and in high school. And he's physical - can hit! Good pick Steelers.

LOL

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why we gave away the 2 6ths either junkie. I don't have a problem with Stacy, he might just turn out to be a great shortage back. McGee I didn't understand,at that spot I would have taken Rambo. I guess they what they are doing, I also give them a B although I have better thoughts on Austin but who knows really in the NFL.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: all three players taken today were captains and leaders on their respective teams.

Fisher and Snead went to Stacy's private workout and loved him. They didn't want to risk losing him. Sometimes you go get a player you want instead of waiting and hoping he falls to your pick. As they say, that's what happens when you fall in love with a player.

I'm good with this draft. My biggest problem was with McDonald in the third. Can't wait for mini-camp.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones IMO was the best pick the Rams made. He will start from day one. We will see what happens this year but the 2 WR's they drafted last year need to make the jump this year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one big tackle was taken by the Rams in this draft and the niners signed MArquardt to a undrafted FA contract. I guess we are going with Nyseke, Barksdale, and Barrett as depth players and Smith, and Washington, the latter who is no small slouch as depth at guard. Again, that business of throwing away the two sixth picks for Zac again may be a little short-sighted but only time will tell.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AHFox: Barrett Jones is injured till mid May or so but I agree that he could start at G or C to fill in a gap in Week 1. Very good pick

Retro: We signed Braden Brown OT out of BYU as a UDFA

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Zac Stacy would have gone to Alabama, he would have gone in the 3rd round. Dude looks legit and played against the best competition. He might be our starting RB next year

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a decent draft overall and the Rams should score a little more next year. My biggest concern with the Rams is at Safety and RB. Hopefully the RB's in camp will break out given more of a chance to play.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Clayton. I just think they could have done better in that area. Probably next year after the Saffold issue gets resolved.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cllayton - I agree with you on Stacy.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys,

I'm happy with this draft, more so than I've been in recent years. I hope they actually pan out for us. I hope Tavon Austin can be a great receiver for us but he is so small compared to what Bruce and Holt were. I hope his size won't hold him back.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Quick is indeed on notice as is Pettis. The Rams could very well start Givens, Bailey and Austin in 3 receiver sets right now. I also see a lot of 2TE sets and empty backfield sets. This is more fire power the Rams have had since the days of Bruce, Holt and Marshall.

NorthsideRamFan

CBS Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off let me say WHAT'S UP to a few familiar fans! Now to business lol. I was satisfied with the picks we made. I loved the aggressive move up to take Tavon Austin. As I've said before on CBS, I trust this front office. Would I have been just as satisfied with the way SportsJunkie would have handled the draft, YES! I just think this draft was SOLID and each pick has the potential to contribute right away. We will be a better football team next year. We have a COMPLETE linebacker corp and an upgraded O-line. The one O-lineman I thought we made a mistake letting go of this offseason was Robert Turner. I really thought that losing him would come back to bite us, but we more than make up for it by drafting Barrett Jones. He's just as versatile and has the potential to be an even more effective STARTER than Turner was in spot duty. I'm feeling this draft.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you Northside, we've got away from SeeBS and their finger on the mute botton mentality to a place that seems to say welcome. Most of us have made it, a few are still missing, ksu, redgirl, mugiters to name a few. Over time we will be a family again. Good your here.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of UDFA'S the Rams have signed after the draft ended yesterday.

Cody Davis, Safety, Texas Tech

Here is what NFL analyst Bucky Brown had to say about Davis...

"It's hard to find big, physical safeties with speed and movement skills. Davis was not only one of the most impressive athletes in attendance, but he was routinely cited as the highest-rated prospect in the building by several scouts. He certainly didn't disappoint evaluators by putting together a solid overall performance. Davis clocked 40 times in the mid-4.4-second range and continued to pop with impressive measurements in the vertical (41.5 inches) and broad jumps (10-foot-3). Most impressively, Davis showed exceptional change-of-direction quickness in the pro-agility shuttle and three-cone drills as well as during his positional workout. Davis smoothly executed turns and transitions while displaying better-than-anticipated balance and body control for a guy his size (6-2, 203 pounds). He also showed outstanding ball skills, awareness and hands in drills. With defensive coordinators searching for guys capable of matching up with the big-bodied receivers and tight ends dominating the NFL, Davis will certainly garner strong consideration as a potential mid-round selection"

Ray Armstrong, Safety, Miami

Gil Bryandt had this to say about Amrstrong about a month ago...
"[Armstrong] could be mid-round selection in the 2013 NFL Draft, possibly as high as the fourth round"http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013Armstrong missed the entire 2012 season at Miami for improper contact for with Miami boosters. After a year away from the game who knows where Armstrong abilities are right now, I'm guessing Fisher and Les have a clue...One thing IMO, seeing this really tells me the Rams know they didn't address the Safety issues like they wanted or planned to.

I believe selecting Barrett Jones changed a lot of things the Rams were looking at in terms of the draft to add depth at safety.

But how do you pass on a guy like Jones at that spot???

We'll see if Stewart and McDonald can give it a go and start at Safety or if some of the UDFA from last year or this year can make a push and start by Week 1.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Vita, I like the Davis kid and Armstrong is no slouch either. But we will see if Fisher's homerism did not get the best of here when he passed on some pretty good safteies like Rambo and Thomas. As you stated, only time will tell.