• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Grade?

Eric Ebron Grade?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • C

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • D

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • F

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all those fucking homers giving it a 'B' grade.

Disagreeing with you does not mean homer, just a different view on Ebron. I gave it a B because I think Ebron is a signifigant improvement at the TE spot, I think improving your team with a top 10 pick is a good thing. If they had improved the team in a greater position of need I would have given it an A.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagreeing with you does not mean homer, just a different view on Ebron. I gave it a B because I think Ebron is a signifigant improvement at the TE spot, I think improving your team with a top 10 pick is a good thing. If they had improved the team in a greater position of need I would have given it an A.

Shit man!!! I've never been a hater before. At least give me a couple of days to learn the ropes.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit man!!! I've never been a hater before. At least give me a couple of days to learn the ropes.

The Realist Party is always available to help. I am happy to be your sponsor.

"Hello, I'm Curtis and I'm a realist". "Hi, Curtis, and thank you for sharing."

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Realist Party is always available to help. I am happy to be your sponsor.

"Hello, I'm Curtis and I'm a realist". "Hi, Curtis, and thank you for sharing."

A fucking TE.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a grade on Draft but this is hilarious, from Yardbarker

With all the weapons now on this offense the Lions should have no problems scoring points. This offense is loaded with talent at every play making position and will strike fear into any defensive coordinator. With all that being said Lions fans should be happy with the direction the team is heading in. They want a flashy high scoring brand of football and while that doesn’t always translate into wins, it is entertaining. Yes the secondary still looks like a block of swiss chess but if you can score 50 points a game who needs defense right?

Eric Enron was described as “Loud, boisterous, and overly egotistical” so he should fit in perfect with the city of Detroit. The Lions aren’t just trying to build a winning team, they want a team that connects with the city. A team that will put fans in the stands and get big television contracts and the way you do that is offense. Not just any offense but an extremely high-powered offense, that’s how you make headlines and become relevant to all the people who forgot Detroit even had a football team. I’m not saying it’s right or that it’s even a good idea but I can understand it and learn to live with it.

The Lions want to be the new “greatest show on turf” and I can’t be mad at that, we have enough talent on offense that Matthew Stafford can throw the ball 45 times a game and nobody will question it. Long story short this is the direction the Lions are going so either go with it or go home. As a city that has had long years with all the sports teams that aren’t names the Red Wings we need to be patient and be happy that the organization wants to give us an exciting product to watch even if it comes in the way of a loss.

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are negative... The Doctor is a realist.

Wait a minute -- I'm the one who said I was a realist before it was cool to call yourself one. Now I get stuck with negative.:laugh3:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some realism for you. I'm one of the few that believe our defense is ahead of our offense. So I believe that our offense needs help. What my eyes told me, was that Stafford rarely had very much time to throw the ball. The sack totals may have been low, but it sure as hell wasn't because of the Lions stellar pass protection. Lewan was still there, and I don't give a shit what kind of rat bastard he is. If he can help give Stafford more time to throw the ball, that helps this franchise a hell of a lot more than a damn TE.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how Trustme feels.. a quote from a yardbarker writer...

If twitter and facebook are a barometer, I’d say that the decision the Detroit Lions made to draft Ebron with the tenth overall pick was cloudy with a chance of suicide.

? Hit home Trustme ?

I would never in a million years take a game that seriously. I love the Lions and just want the best for them. I just don't think Mayhew is going to be the guy to build the franchise into a winner and completely disagree with spending a top 10 pick on a TE unless he is going to put Jimmy Graham numbers and it just isn't going to happen with Ebron, as he will more than likely be the 3rd option on the offense after obviously Calvin and I'd be willing to bet Golden Tate as well. This doesn't even include Bush and Bell either.

I'd like to add -- I think Ebron will do well in the Lions offense, but other than playing the same position as Jimmy Graham -- the comparisons stop right there. Jimmy Graham is the Calvin Johnson of the TE position. There isn't another guy like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, somebody gave them an F. What hard ass unforgiving SOB would do that?

Me... Dude has a high chance of busting. He's not a second coming of Jimmy Graham. He is shorter and slower. Doesn't block and has a ridiculously high drop rate.

Reminds me of Jared Cook who sucked at Tennesee, then went to St. Louis where he also sucked and ended up getting benched for lesser talents cause of all his drops.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some realism for you. I'm one of the few that believe our defense is ahead of our offense. So I believe that our offense needs help. What my eyes told me, was that Stafford rarely had very much time to throw the ball. The sack totals may have been low, but it sure as hell wasn't because of the Lions stellar pass protection. Lewan was still there, and I don't give a shit what kind of rat bastard he is. If he can help give Stafford more time to throw the ball, that helps this franchise a hell of a lot more than a damn TE.

yep

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute -- I'm the one who said I was a realist before it was cool to call yourself one. Now I get stuck with negative.:laugh3:

Did not pay attention to who was first. You never proclaimed yourself as El Presidente of said club. In my eyes that was cooler than trying to be cool.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got what is hopefully a versitile, hybrid WR/TE. If he's as good as he seems, he should be a dangerous weapon. So I give it a B-. If he's as good as he thinks he is, he'll be an all pro for the next 12 years and a 1st ballot HOFer. He'll give the Lions an A+ for the pick.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give it a B- but voted B.. Very talented player but could have went somewhere else.. This pick would look very good if they never resigned Pettigrew..