• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down on the Farm (2015)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hak-Ju Lee is an excellent defensive SS, and has some wheels. Massive contact issues though, and he had major knee ligament damage in 2013.

Albert Suarez is a control guy, minor league career 2.3 BB/9.

Moncreif has good raw LH power, decent speed and a great eye. Contact issues though, and is a little too selective at the plate.

All just minor league depth. Moncreif is one to look out for though.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth for if they deal Panik? Just saying.
More likely depth for the minor leagues. The upper levels are decimated right now and Green actually played more outfield and 1st base at Salt Lake than 2nd base in 2015. The Giants are very low on upper level outfielders (thus why Blanks, Moncrief and Green have all been signed).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going through MLB's transaction page for the Giants, I saw this from October:

Team Date Transaction
137.png October 28, 2015 San Francisco Giants signed free agent IF Camilo Doval to a minor league contract.

However, I know nothing about this player. Anyone heard anything about him? I only see he is from the Dominican Republic and that he turned 18 last July.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going through MLB's transaction page for the Giants, I saw this from October:

Team Date Transaction
View attachment 60975 October 28, 2015 San Francisco Giants signed free agent IF Camilo Doval to a minor league contract.

However, I know nothing about this player. Anyone heard anything about him? I only see he is from the Dominican Republic and that he turned 18 last July.
No idea.

My first (ignorant) thought is that he is one of dozens of players the Giants sign out of Latin America (or the Caribean) each year. Why he deserved a blurb and the next didn't, I couldn't tell you, though.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea.

My first (ignorant) thought is that he is one of dozens of players the Giants sign out of Latin America (or the Caribean) each year. Why he deserved a blurb and the next didn't, I couldn't tell you, though.
It is an unusual one because I don't usually see this type of transaction posted on MLB's websites. However, I didn't see anything else about the signing either. I guess we'll learn more about him if he is any good.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of upper-level infield signings. Green, Lee, Castillo, and Pena. Plus, Rando Moreno, Austin Slater and Christian Arroyo should be knocking on the door to AAA.
I don't see anywhere that Castillo has been signed. Has that been confirmed?
My thoughts on the guys signed:

- Lee and Pena will probably be invited to spring training (along with Green) and the two of them will be given a shot to get the 6th infielder spot (unless the Giants sign a guy to replace Adrianza).

- Green played mostly outfield last year so I think he will come to spring training as an outfielder. The Giants need depth in triple A there.

- Castillo probably is the utility guy at double A.

- I think that Moreno and Slater start the year at triple A. If what others on this board have said is correct, he'll probably bounce around the field and start regularly. Moreno is harder to figure. He start at double A but are the Giants high enough on him to give him the starting job at triple A or do they platoon him with Lee and/or Pena?

- As for Arroyo, I know the Giants have been aggressive in promoting him but I think they will be a bit more conservative this year and place him in double A. I think that all of these signings support that as they are building a bridge for him at triple A. That way, if he does extremely well at Richmond, and they decide to promote him, they have an easy roster move to make.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More signings - Juan Ciriaco and Ryan Lollis are back. Gorkys Hernandez also signed. Hernandez and Lollis are no surprises as they need outfielders. Ciriaco is a bit of a surprise, considering all the middle infielders they've recently picked up.

Also, Jackson Williams went back to the Rockies.

Last edited:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Maybe it's time to make a new thread?)

I'll stick with the theme here of posting the Giants minor league transactions.

Mike Kickham signs with Giants. Yes, the same Mike Kickham.

Darren Ford re-signs with Giants.

Vin Mazzaro signs with Giants.

I'm sure there have been more since I last updated that I missed. I'll look it up. Later.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Maybe it's time to make a new thread?)

I'll stick with the theme here of posting the Giants minor league transactions.

Mike Kickham signs with Giants. Yes, the same Mike Kickham.

Darren Ford re-signs with Giants.

Vin Mazzaro signs with Giants.

I'm sure there have been more since I last updated that I missed. I'll look it up. Later.
Here's a piece on the three, mainly on Mazzaro as a dark horse to replace Petit - San Francisco Giants:Mazzaro signs;Kickham and Ford return