• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down goes Lebron. "Sprained Ankle"

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how he is playing and how soon Bronny gets to the NBA. Pretty sure I read that he's like to play a season or 2 with his son. I don't remember if he was quoted or it was a "source close to him" that was speculating.
This is interesting, as his son is nowhere near the level of prospect that his dad was. If it weren’t for his name recognition, he would barely be on anyone’s radar at all. So, it figures that his son would go to college and play at an elite program with the hopes of playing in the NBA 1-2 years later(if he’s good enough to come out early). If so, your scenario has Lebron playing at least another 4-5 years??

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I have a long history of sprained ankles. And I know that sometime you can get up and move around on it before it swells up and hurts like a bastard.

Between football and basketball, I've sprained my ankle more times than I can count. Bu, out of all of those times, I only ever had 1 high ankle sprain. That was a completely different animal than any other sprain I've had. The doctor actually told me, I'd have almost been better off breaking it.

Lebron can definitely be a drama queen and he has been known to play up injury a bit from time to time. But knowing what happened on the play and what happens with ankle sprains of all types, I seriously doubt he's faking it.

And guys often pound chairs, the floor, etc. when they have to leave a game due to injury. So trying to use that is just grasping at straws to try to prop up a pretty weak argument.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between football and basketball, I've sprained my ankle more times than I can count. Bu, out of all of those times, I only ever had 1 high ankle sprain. That was a completely different animal than any other sprain I've had. The doctor actually told me, I'd have almost been better off breaking it.

Lebron can definitely be a drama queen and he has been known to play up injury a bit from time to time. But knowing what happened on the play and what happens with ankle sprains of all types, I seriously doubt he's faking it.

And guys often pound chairs, the floor, etc. when they have to leave a game due to injury. So trying to use that is just grasping at straws to try to prop up a pretty weak argument.

Yep and i never saw lebron play up an injury early in the game and never return. This thread been a failure to say the least lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting, as his son is nowhere near the level of prospect that his dad was. If it weren’t for his name recognition, he would barely be on anyone’s radar at all. So, it figures that his son would go to college and play at an elite program with the hopes of playing in the NBA 1-2 years later(if he’s good enough to come out early). If so, your scenario has Lebron playing at least another 4-5 years??

Actually, while he's not the prospect his Dad was, if I remember what's been said, he's considered an NBA prospect who could come play right out of high school or be a one and done.

Thinking about it, it might be D-Wades kid. He and Lebron's kid were on the same team, but he transferred to a different program because he wasn't playing.

As for Lebron playing another 4-5 years, it may be possible. I actually quit trying to predict his inevitable decline about 3 or 4 years ago. He's 36 and still the best player in the game. Dude spends high six figures every year just on his body to stay in shape.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That did not look that bad to me. It was a weird angle with most of the foot off the floor as it's twisted.
Had he gone off the floor immediately ...I would say your are looking a considerable amount of games missed.

But one minute he is in agony then the next he is hitting a 3 ....looked a little "World cup" to me.

Just another FLOP by the king of flop...

This is not news, he just wants some attention and some sideline action...

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, while he's not the prospect his Dad was, if I remember what's been said, he's considered an NBA prospect who could come play right out of high school or be a one and done.

Thinking about it, it might be D-Wades kid. He and Lebron's kid were on the same team, but he transferred to a different program because he wasn't playing.

As for Lebron playing another 4-5 years, it may be possible. I actually quit trying to predict his inevitable decline about 3 or 4 years ago. He's 36 and still the best player in the game. Dude spends high six figures every year just on his body to stay in shape.
I do remember hearing about Wade’s kid and Lebron’s kid on the same team, but got the feeling that neither were anything close to the level of their fathers(at this stage anyway).

I have no doubts that Lebron could play another 4-5 years if he wanted. I am not sure that guy is even human. I guess the mystery here is how soon his kid can get to the NBA(if at all).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That did not look that bad to me. It was a weird angle with most of the foot off the floor as it's twisted.
Had he gone off the floor immediately ...I would say your are looking a considerable amount of games missed.

But one minute he is in agony then the next he is hitting a 3 ....looked a little "World cup" to me.

"that did not look that bad to me"

Then you've never had you ankle rolled up on. It's not just a sprained ankle.

Yes, I have a long history of sprained ankles. And I know that sometime you can get up and move around on it before it swells up and hurts like a bastard. But in my opinion, Lebron is often a phony & drama queen and so I don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Again, I could be wrong.

As a mod, I'm sure your skin is thick enough to deal with my opinion.

"LeBron is often a phony & drama queen and so I don't give him the benefit of the doubt"

So in other words your opinion of LeBron is biased. Hate, hate, hate!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and i never saw lebron play up an injury early in the game and never return. This thread been a failure to say the least lol
This is probably true. I could see thinking he faked it right after it happened and he came back in. But not after he left and didn't return.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably true. I could see thinking he faked it right after it happened and he came back in. But not after he left and didn't return.

Yep he's done that a lot. But to leave the game and not return and going to miss multiple games? LOL that never happened. I don't think there's a player in the league who loves basketball more than Lebron. There are some who are on his level when it comes to love of the game but not a single player that I'll say love the game more than him.

The guy could have easily sat out B2B sets for the first month of 2 after the short offseason the Lakers had and the NBA world (outside of the hater) would have been completely understanding. What did he do instead? Play every game except one in the first half but sure he'll fake some injury and miss multiple games

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play every game except one in the first half but sure he'll fake some injury and miss multiple games

In the second half of the season with playoff seeds still to be determined and AD out as well, no less. I know the Lakers don't care about the top seed, but I'm pretty sure they want to finish top 4.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the second half of the season with playoff seeds still to be determined and AD out as well, no less. I know the Lakers don't care about the top seed, but I'm pretty sure they want to finish top 4.

The organization? Maybe but I honestly don't think LBJ care very much. His teams are always good enough to win 1 or 2 road games in the playoffs

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA or CLE. He likely comes back to CLE either in his last year or just his final game possibly but I don’t see him leaving LA

He might do like a 1 day contract in Cleveland to officially retire as a Cav.

But I highly doubt he ever plays another game as a Cleveland Cavalier.

That is unless Gilbert drafts Bronny.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barring debilitating injury, LeBron will probably still be good enough at basketball to be an NBA player at age 50.

He will stop playing when he wants to stop. Or perhaps more accurately when his role diminishes to the point where he isn’t fulfilled anymore.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I have a long history of sprained ankles. And I know that sometime you can get up and move around on it before it swells up and hurts like a bastard. But in my opinion, Lebron is often a phony & drama queen and so I don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Again, I could be wrong.

As a mod, I'm sure your skin is thick enough to deal with my opinion.

You ARE wrong. Own it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#27 in his class currently. Nothing to sneeze at.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ARE wrong. Own it.

What? ...that Lebron has a history of fake injuries?

hi-res-6f1b11a6d0c01b56cd7ea7e4dc99edc3_crop_north.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely close if not the most hated.

Funny how that works huh? LeBron was loved in Cleveland, left for Miami, and then was hated.

When he got to Miami he was loved by most Heat fans. When he left some got pissed. Just like in Cleveland his jersey was set on fire by some fans in South Beach. Dan LeBatard even took out a billbaord in Miami.

He returned to Cleveland and was loved again. Left for a second time. But most Cavs fans didn't seem as upset when he left for a second time. Well except wiggy. His heart was broken for a second time. And now he thinks LeBron's legacy is ruined because he couldn't get an injured Lakers squad to the playoffs two seasons ago.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? ...that Lebron has a history of fake injuries?

hi-res-6f1b11a6d0c01b56cd7ea7e4dc99edc3_crop_north.jpg

There's a difference between overcoming or playing through injuries and faking them. If you want fake injuries, check out Pierce, Paul.