• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't pay (or Overpay) for Speed.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have kept him and used trevor as a setup man for at least another year.

rosenthal is going to start

they went through a few closers last year too

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my two favorites are in the top 5! this is such a good year for me.

NFL power rankings:
1. Seahawks - the real deal
2. Patriots <--------AFC's most awesome team
3. Broncos - frauds
4. Saints - good in warm climates only
5. Panthers <--------NFC's most underrated team
My power rankings would be something like:

PED Barry Bonds Tier
1. Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Contenders
2. New England
3. Carolina
4. San Francisco

Warm weather playoff threats
5. Denver
6. New Orleans
7. Detroit

Wild Cards that could get hot
8. Cincinnati
9. Dallas
10. Arizona

I never liked Mujica despite the numbers. I think I literally saw every bad pitch he threw in a Cards uniform which makes me think he is a guy that shrinks around good competition. I have no numbers to back this up...just a gut feeling.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My power rankings would be something like:

PED Barry Bonds Tier
1. Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Contenders
2. New England
3. Carolina
4. San Francisco

Warm weather playoff threats
5. Denver
6. New Orleans
7. Detroit

I agree with this.

I guess nobody is giving the AFC a shot outside NE and Denver....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess nobody is giving the AFC a shot outside NE and Denver....
The bonus to that is that Seattle is unbeatable at home so Seattle will knock all of the other teams out.

The Bengals have the roster. I just dont like Dalton

Tony Romo has gotten really underrated, btw

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bonus to that is that Seattle is unbeatable at home so Seattle will knock all of the other teams out.

How many times have we heard a team is unbeatable only to get beat? Last team with best record to win the SB is the 03 pats Too many things can go wrong in a playoff game Which dark horse wins it this year?:suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a top 5 closer in the NL. he had a bad September, it happens.

And, as I said a bit before, the Sox are hoping then this was a mirage or just a hiccup, and that he can bounce back to form. I will say one thing for the Sox though, they do sure seem to love other teams closers, at least the past few years anyway.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romo comes up small in the postseason

he has to prove he can do it then

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers overpay to keep Wilson. Hell, it's only money.......

The Dodgers have reached an agreement with reliever Brian Wilson, tweets [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]408681599727722496[/MEDIA]"]Yahoo's Tim Brown[/ame]. It's a one-year, $10MM deal with a second year player option. That option will range from $9-10MM depending on Wilson's number of appearances in 2014, [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]408682672911699968[/MEDIA]"]Brown adds[/ame].
Though Wilson will be receiving closer money from the Dodgers, he's fine with setting up Kenley Jansen if that's how it works out, [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]408682857687572480[/MEDIA]"]notes Brown[/ame]. Wilson signed with the Dodgers on July 30th last year after a long recovery from April 2012 Tommy John surgery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last team with best record to win the SB is the 03 pats
Colts and Saints were both 1 seeds but that does seem to be the general thought with the NFL. The only team I see fitting the 'get healthy at the right time and make a run mold' is the Niners

Romo gets a lot of crap but his QB rating in the 4th quarter is the best in the NFL, IIRC. He does lose a couple of games a season he shouldn't but he also carries his team on his back about twice a season as well.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seen where the Sox signed Edward Mujica for a 2 yr/9.5M deal. Has thrown only 68 BBs in 439 IP. Sounds like a decent deal

I'm with BigD on this one: Meh!

I like those walk totals, but things usually change for the worse when you go NL to AL.

The Sox bullpen was pretty set before this, so I am guessing this is more Uehara insurance than anything since Hanrahan is gone and Bailey was non-tendered. Mujica had closing experience with the Cards and gives the Sox another option if Uehara gets hurt (NO!!!). His salary is a wash with what Bailey would have made in arbitration.

Sox bullpen shapes up as follows:

Uehara - CL
Tazawa -RHP
Workman -RHP
Breslow -LHP
Miller -LHP
Mujica -RHP
Morales -LHP
Badenhop - RHP

then they have Britton (LHP) and Wilson (RHP) in the minors with De La Rosa.

I can see the Sox maybe trading Morales, since he has a live arm, is lefty, and some teams may use him as a starter.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the ginger in him that nobody likes. who was the last ginger super-hero in sports??

The original Mr. Manning? Bill Walton? Mark McGwire?

My final answer - Shawn White.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it seems as though it has come to this -

Tim Tebow has been offered a four-month contract by the Italian federation for American football, and the Milano Seamen are hoping to sign the free agent quarterback.
Excerpts of an offer sent by federation president Leoluca Orlando to Tebow's representatives were posted on the federation's website Thursday.
''The offer has been made to his agent and now we're waiting for a response,'' Seamen president Marco Mutti told The Associated Press. ''We would be more than happy to have him.''
A federation spokesman, James Dewar, told AP that the offer is for $200,000 and that it was sent Wednesday on the recommendation of a sponsor.
The 26-year-old Tebow was cut by the New England Patriots before this NFL season. He would be the most prominent player to appear in the Italian league - by far.
The eight-team Italian league is divided into two divisions. The other teams are located in Ancona, Bologna, Bolzano, Parma, Reggio Emilia and Rome, while Milan has two teams.
The season begins in March and concludes with the Italian Super Bowl in July.
In last season's title game, the Parma Panthers beat the Seamen 51-28.
The Seamen have the league's largest stadium, with 8,000 seats. Fashion designer Giorgio Armani is a former owner of the team.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, as I said a bit before, the Sox are hoping then this was a mirage or just a hiccup, and that he can bounce back to form. I will say one thing for the Sox though, they do sure seem to love other teams closers, at least the past few years anyway.

Think about how that paid off last season. They started with Hanrahan. When he got hurt/ineffective, they went with Bailey. He got hurt, and they slot in Uehara, who actually had the least closing experience of them all.

It can't hurt to have depth. The Sox have it in the rotation and bullpen, and also in the minors. Their lineup depth is tested now with Iglesias traded, Drew and Napoli free agents, and Ellsbury gone.

My fear is that they are going to overpay to keep Napoli. As much as I like him, I may rather go with Corey Hart on a 1 or 2 year deal than give Napoli more than 3 years. He will likely also get at least $15mm per season based on what Jhonny PEDalta got from the Cardinals.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about how that paid off last season. They started with Hanrahan. When he got hurt/ineffective, they went with Bailey. He got hurt, and they slot in Uehara, who actually had the least closing experience of them all.

It can't hurt to have depth. The Sox have it in the rotation and bullpen, and also in the minors. Their lineup depth is tested now with Iglesias traded, Drew and Napoli free agents, and Ellsbury gone.

My fear is that they are going to overpay to keep Napoli. As much as I like him, I may rather go with Corey Hart on a 1 or 2 year deal than give Napoli more than 3 years. He will likely also get at least $15mm per season based on what Jhonny PEDalta got from the Cardinals.

Mr Sunglasses at night?

The guy that makes J.D Drew look like an ironman?

Every signing is a roll of the dice, but, sometimes the dice are bigger than others.....

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as his performances in September were a mirage, or injury related, and he is now back from said injury. I just checked his split stats for 2013, and he went from very good to just awful in the last month.

One bad spell in an otherwise excellent season is not reason to give upon a player. 5 good months to1 bad is a ratio this Red Sox fan can easily live with.