• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Donaldvan Manning

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saw on Twitter that he has left the team? I know you guys have some information on this....

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought I read somewhere before the season started that he was homesick. I thought it was just a rumor but it could've been true after all

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw on Twitter that he has left the team? I know you guys have some information on this....

images

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Bitter ‏@AndyBitterVT
CB Donaldven Manning did not practice today. VT says he'll meet with Frank Beamer tomorrow to determine his future with program. #Hokies

This sucks, especially considering he committed so early in the process (right after SD '11 I believe) and worked hard to get to campus so early. He is still extremely undersized but I think he will end up being a great CB after he puts on some weight. He is much more natural at the position than someone like Exum. VT CANNOT afford to keep losing these secondary players at the rate it has in the last coupla years. You hate to hold a kid back, especially if they aren't happy..but where do you draw the line?? Funny thing is, most every one of them have been from OOS. Hope TG and FB can talk some sense into him..."Stick with us..and we'll get you to the league"

EDIT: So it has been confirmed that he is definitely gone 46??

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dammit, I was really excited about this kid too. Someone call Tim Harris and tell him we have some openings in our secondary.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What does this mean? Is Gray really hard to play for or what?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what it means. Gray is very very tough on his guys. SOme guys take to that while others don't. Boye had a pretty legit reason to leave. I have nothing on the other three. Williams paid his own way to "walk on" at Clemson. Farrow wanted to be a rapper. :noidea:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not really sure what Manning expected. He has every opportunity to be a 2-3 year starter. The depth chart is empty and he would probably get MAJOR playing time next year. It is great going down south for talent, but starting to look like we need focus efforts elsewhere other than Florida. It is a total crapshoot. Not sure what the story is with some of the VA DBs going out of state in the last few years (I know we can't get them all)..but wTF. Calling Tim Harris, Evrett Edwards, Jake Kite??? Hell, As great as '14 is looking in VA, it is not looking superb at DB. Hopefully some of these "Athletes" can play defensive back.

Last edited by a moderator:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I'm reading .... Legal problems ... And also reading that he has a mtg with the coaching staff in the morn ... Not sure if it's a "pack your shit" meeting or "this is strike two" meeting .. Fwiw..we have 4 solid db commits in '13 in Facyson, Clark, Fuller IV, and fisher and javon Harris already for 2014 .. I think we'd be ok...speaking of Florida, anyone else catch (in the UVA-Miami game) that Lockhart tore his acl in practice a few weeks back?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wasn't Manning labeled a "soft" commit by Rivals? I know Lockhart was. From now on I think us fans shouldn't get too attached to these OOS "soft" commits

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if this decision is up to Manning or up to the coaches. I would guess the former, but all the leaking of legal trouble has me wondering.

Assuming he does transfer, I wonder where he will end up. He's the one that took a lot of visits after committing last year, right?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Manning is meeting with Frank tomorrow and will be off the team imo. Good kid but has some demons. Hope it works out for him.

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man its on thing to have all your commits and have a shitty secondary, but its totally nerve racking to lose a bunch of them and then suck

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamer: "I expect Donaldven to learn from this and to have success at Virginia Tech"

Wondering what "this" is.