• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Donald Jones to be Cut

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per ESPN Jones will be cut despite receiving a $200K bonus. It is being done because of the young receivers which may be considered a positive.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it's because Dobson is showing star potential.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess Dobson and Jenkins will start outside the numbers. Not sure how I feel about that, but will see.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats interesting since the pats had some open spots for camp.. i wonder who they are planning to bring in??

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is always interesting being a Pats fan. Even fun if you have a lot of guts. Going to be a great year but exciting getting started.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought when we signed Jenkins he was dead money walking but i guess he sticking around and Jones is out. Jenkins probably wont get so many reps he will be that vet wr but Jones probably would have stolen reps from the young rookies and we need those guys up to speed soon as possible.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't seem to find a lot about Thompkins, but I never thought jones would make the team, so knocking him out early isn't a bad sign. At the very least they see some upside to Thompkins.

Still impatiently waiting for the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 18, Thompkins had been arrested seven times, forcing him to sign a letter of intent with Morgan State University, although he never attended the school.[2] After taking a year off from football, Thompkins briefly attended Palomar Community College in San Marcos, California in 2008 before transferring to El Camino Community College in Torrance, California to play football. At El Camino, Thompkins recorded two 1,000-yard seasons in a row, being named a team captain as a sophomore.[3] Following his sophomore campaign, Thompkins signed with the University of Tennessee in order to play under then-coach Lane Kiffin; following Kiffin's departure to become head coach of the USC Trojans football team, Thompkins transferred to the University of Oklahoma Sooners, but did not play at either university.[4] Instead, Thompkins transferred to the University of Cincinnati, where he played for two seasons from 2011 to 2012.

As a junior in 2011, Thompkins caught 44 passes for 536 yards (12.2 yards per reception) and two touchdowns. As a senior, he recorded 34 receptions for 541 yards (15.9) and two touchdowns.
On April 27, 2013 he was signed as an undrafted free agent by the New England Patriots.[5]

Another character risk

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anyone expected Jones or Jenkins to sniff the starting lineup.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you can call him a character risk, but here is another article looking like the kid just needed a good environment and something to look forward to. all the best to him. It is in his hands.

Everything To Prove: The Kenbrell Thompkins Story - The News Record: Sports

Wow! A good read. I hope that with the AH issue, we never become a team that won't give a kid like this a second chance. Let him earn it but I'm betting I won't be the only one cheering for him. This kid could be the next UFA to make the team.....

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I'm getting really sick, really fast of character risks with upside. I'm not saying I don't want them to take on character risks - but they better think there's a character upside, not just a football upside. If they think this guy can be a good guy and productive football player in the right environment, great. If they think he can be a productive football player and they can keep him out of trouble, send him packing. I don't know him, so I don't know which one applies to him. Since they seem to want to keep him around, I hope he really is the kind of guy who can do some good in the world, not just on the football field.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...just read the article, out of trouble for years... he doesn't sound like a character risk at all. Never mind what I just said - if that article is accurate, he sounds like a guy to root for.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...just read the article, out of trouble for years... he doesn't sound like a character risk at all. Never mind what I just said - if that article is accurate, he sounds like a guy to root for.

Thank you. I hope he is the real deal. I think he has earned a chance. If he is what the article says, we would have a lot to cheer for. We know he has talent.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Dobson, Bryce and Thompkins I am real excited about this years rookie class. They all seem to have some serious potential. I'm hoping TE Ford can make that list as well.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Dobson, Bryce and Thompkins I am real excited about this years rookie class. They all seem to have some serious potential. I'm hoping TE Ford can make that list as well.

It'll be tough for Ford, I assume Gronk Ballard Hoomanoanui (SP?) are in for sure and early word was Sudfeld looked really good early on. Can't see the Pats carrying five TEs.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be tough for Ford, I assume Gronk Ballard Hoomanoanui (SP?) are in for sure and early word was Sudfeld looked really good early on. Can't see the Pats carrying five TEs.

Agree with the first three, I don't think Fells makes the cut either. The only thing in Fords favor is that Sudfeld is from the same mold as Ballard and Hoomanawanui (?) a blocking TE, where Ford is a converted WR. He could pick up a lot of the reps missed by the assumed felon.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the first three, I don't think Fells makes the cut either. The only thing in Fords favor is that Sudfeld is from the same mold as Ballard and Hoomanawanui (?) a blocking TE, where Ford is a converted WR. He could pick up a lot of the reps missed by the assumed felon.

I forgot about Fells, he to may make the cut, but if the intent is to go young then you have a solid point with Ford.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually that is inaccurate about Sudfeld. He is a pure pass catcher and injuries sideline him but I always liked Ford so maybe we have 2 FA tight ends make the team. Ballard is actually not considered as good a blocker as Gronk although that might have just been coaching. I love Sudfeld cause he is 6-7 and can run with great hands.

There is a lot of opportunity for Free Agent players at offensive skill positions because I do not think BB is bringing veterans in other than Jenkins.