• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins sign Brady Quinn

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins' reserve quarterbacks are dealing with nagging injuries, and Miami is looking for depth. Backup Matt Moore has a sore throwing shoulder and third-stringer Pat Devlin injured his hamstring last week. Undrafted rookie Seth Lobato played the majority of Miami's preseason opener against the Atlanta Falcons last week.

In six NFL seasons, Quinn has had stints with five teams -- the Cleveland Browns, Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos, New York Jets and St. Louis Rams. The 29-year-old was last a starter in Kansas City, where he completed 56.9 percent of his passes and threw two touchdowns against eight interceptions across eight starts.

The Browns drafted Quinn with the No. 22 pick in the 2007 draft. He started 12 games over three years with the team.

Miami Dolphins sign quarterback Brady Quinn - NFL - SI.com

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing, Quinn keeps getting signed but Tebow couldn't?

He actually has a far better resume. SMH.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya they needed another body to throw some balls at camp but hopefully he pushes Moore a little get some competition going....

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he say he was going to "retire" lol ?

back up QB is the equivalent of retiring, you just get paid for it. Nice gig to get. Besides I think he might actually be a lawyer ?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have drafted the guy instead of Tedd Ginn in the first place.

I think they would have been screwed either way although the Browns do a fantastic job of screwing up QB's....but he’ll serve the purpose this time around.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he also going to the booth? Or am I thinking of another bust of a QB?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would things have been different for this guy if he had started his career with a more competent franchise? Or was he always doomed for failure in the pros?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would things have been different for this guy if he had started his career with a more competent franchise? Or was he always doomed for failure in the pros?

When you look at the Browns organization and how much turmoil they have been in for years I do think that some players if they went to other organizations could have had a better career. Heck Brandon Weedon looked like a competent quarterback in that 1st preseason game. Not saying he is going to become an all-star but I do think him going to Dallas has helped his career some.

Now having said all that I don't think Quinn has shown the ability to be a competent starter in this league. He has been on multiple organizations now and has shown no improvement.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think more of a Notre Dame thing. Having been putting out clunkers for QB's in NFL with the GOAT Montana being an exception and Beurlein being ok.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would have been screwed either way although the Browns do a fantastic job of screwing up QB's....but he’ll serve the purpose this time around.

The number 22 is now bad luck for me. First it was that career clipboard carrier B. Quinn w/ the 22nd pick. Then is was a nearly 30 year old rookie in Brandon Weeden & now the Browns have drafted Johnny Ca$$h w/ the same damn pick. Although on the plus side the one thing they have down to a science is making the wrong Draft Day decisions since their return back in '99.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd still have been better value for money than Ginn ever was though, imho.

Possibly I also believe that Ginn was miscast he should have been given every punt and kick return from day one as he proved that he could make some big plays. If anything they could have received some value from special teams instead he rode the bench time to time. Quinn may have also had some success if coached up properly but hard to say as he's failed with a few teams now.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly I also believe that Ginn was miscast he should have been given every punt and kick return from day one as he proved that he could make some big plays. If anything they could have received some value from special teams instead he rode the bench time to time. Quinn may have also had some success if coached up properly but hard to say as he's failed with a few teams now.

True. Regardless, I still question the logic of drafting a kick returner / marginal WR who was coming off a foot injury with the 10th overall pick.