• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins Free Agents

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have some big decisions to make with some of their key players becoming FA's. L Miller and OV are two guys on the top of the list. Here are some of the other key names: Shelby, Sheppard, Moore, Matthews. I think I'd sign the impact players on offense: Matthews, and Miller and draft early for the defense. L Miller is a game changer with his break away speed. I would keep him plus RB's are not the most expensive position on a roster. I'd also try to keep Matthews unless his asking price gets too high. He has been reliable at getting open and making plays. With Landry, Parker & Matthews that is a solid group of WR's. OV could be a tough loss to the defense if he leaves.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that I'd take Shelby over OV not only from a cap aspect but he doesn't take the ridiculous penalties that OV has taken lately. If Wake comes back it makes things easier. The late hit on brady being the latest that could have cost his team the game.

Miller and Mathews would be luxuries but they should try to retain them. Miller was never given a chance....a new coach would use him.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the cap situation? I've heard they have no money and actually need to shed money to sign players. Anyone have the scope?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the cap situation? I've heard they have no money and actually need to shed money to sign players. Anyone have the scope?

The Fins are a million over the cap but they could cut salary but there is ways to save money

4 million with Jennings ( too many dropped passes, I'd rather have Matthews)
3.72 with Misi (Hewitt could be the guy that brings better value & productivity if not another player could)
8.4 Wake ( he deserves to be honored but if he doesn't take a big pay cut, the value is no longer there due to his injury and age) That money could be used on OV & the top pick could be a DE
7.5 Cameron Just not productive enough. Salary cut?
7.75 Coples, Way too expensive based on his production
6.50 Grimes, his performance is on the decline. He's still a solid corner but my concern is the potential divisiveness and distraction that his wife could be to the team. CB with the first pick should be a major consideration.

I would keep Albert rather than save 5.5. I would find out if Dion Jordan wants to play football.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that I'd take Shelby over OV not only from a cap aspect but he doesn't take the ridiculous penalties that OV has taken lately. If Wake comes back it makes things easier. The late hit on brady being the latest that could have cost his team the game.

Miller and Mathews would be luxuries but they should try to retain them. Miller was never given a chance....a new coach would use him.

OV does play undisciplined but he gets more pressure on QB's. Better coaching could help that. Shelby is a solid backup but I'd still rather have OV.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OV does play undisciplined but he gets more pressure on QB's. Better coaching could help that. Shelby is a solid backup but I'd still rather have OV.
I don't disagree but when factoring in the cap Shelby could be a bargain and he pushes the pocket. I think it all comes down to if Wake will be back and like you said above if Jordan can be turned around...I'm really crossing my fingers with him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins are a million over the cap but they could cut salary but there is ways to save money

4 million with Jennings ( too many dropped passes, I'd rather have Matthews)
3.72 with Misi (Hewitt could be the guy that brings better value & productivity if not another player could)
8.4 Wake ( he deserves to be honored but if he doesn't take a big pay cut, the value is no longer there due to his injury and age) That money could be used on OV & the top pick could be a DE
7.5 Cameron Just not productive enough. Salary cut?
7.75 Coples, Way too expensive based on his production
6.50 Grimes, his performance is on the decline. He's still a solid corner but my concern is the potential divisiveness and distraction that his wife could be to the team. CB with the first pick should be a major consideration.

I would keep Albert rather than save 5.5. I would find out if Dion Jordan wants to play football.
I like everything you said here although Grimes could be a very good 2nd CB....they just need to find a stud which I'm hoping will come in the first round.

I would also like to see Cameron one more season as I don't think we saw the real guy yet. Fix the oline and I think you'll see everyone on offense improve.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree FlyerFinFan. Top tier CB's aren't easy to find. If the Fins draft a CB with the first pick like Ramsey they could have their future #1 CB or they could pick a sliding star in the 2nd round. That would probably be a good way to draft if they see a top talent at DE with the first pick & depth at the CB position. RE Grime's wife's comments: It didn't seem to bother THill. He had a great game for his team in spite of her possible distraction to the team. RE Cameron: He's shown Pro Bowl talent just a few years ago. I said salary cut, I should have said salary restructuring rather rather than salary cut (if the team needs it)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree FlyerFinFan. Top tier CB's aren't easy to find. If the Fins draft a CB with the first pick like Ramsey they could have their future #1 CB or they could pick a sliding star in the 2nd round. That would probably be a good way to draft if they see a top talent at DE with the first pick & depth at the CB position. RE Grime's wife's comments: It didn't seem to bother THill. He had a great game for his team in spite of her possible distraction to the team. RE Cameron: He's shown Pro Bowl talent just a few years ago. I said salary cut, I should have said salary restructuring rather rather than salary cut (if the team needs it)
You can never have enough passrushers but at the same time they really need a shutdown corner. I have hopes that one of the young guys will improve by next season but I'd fell a lot better if they drafted one in the first. LB is also needed but you can probably find one later or maybe FA. We also can't forget about OG and a better back up OT. Lots of needs so I'd really hate to lose our TE too. Restructuring would be great if possible!