• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doggy Series

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1

Friday 7:10
Zito (8-10, 4.07) vs Billingsly (10-8, 3.73)

Zito has been GAWD AWFUL lately. In his last 3 starts (excluding the Cin relief app) he is 0-3, 14.04 with only 4 Ks. Bills, by contrast is 1-1, 3.38 with 15 Ks. Historically, Zeets is pretty good against the Dogs (3.83 ERA), so hopefully we get that Zeets instead. Unfortunately, Billz has been a Giant killer (5-2, 2.98, 70 K). Overall, I dont like our chances.

Players to watch

Ishi 4-11, 3 RBI
Pat 3-10, 2 RBI
UUU 5-10, HR
Nate 5-8
Gamer 7-20, HR

Players to avoid

Belliard 9-21, HR, 6 RBI
Carroll 8-21
Kemp 14-32

Game 2

Saturday 7:10
Cain (10-10, 3.11) vs Lilly (5-1, 3.29)

Cain got the monkey off his back earlier in the season and has been the lone bright spot in the rotation the last couple weeks (1-1, 3.10, 18 K last 3 starts). Lilly has only been OK the last couple weeks (2-1, 4.66). Lilly has the rep of being a Giants killer, but in reality, his ERA against the good guys is a HORRID 5.12 despite the 3-1 record. Matty, while going 1-8 against the doggies, has actually pitched pretty solid (3.94, 69 K). Could Cainer put together a 2 game win streak against the sinking Blue?

Players to watch

Ross 1-3, HR
Gamer 3-9, HR, 3 RBI
UUU 2-7, HR, 3 RBI

Players to avoid

Blake 5-18, 2 HR
Loney 7-26, 7 RBI
Ethier 18-33

Game 3

Sunday 5:00
Sanchez (9-8, 3.54) vs Kuroda (10-11, 3.39)

Durty started the rotation's turn-around and his line for the last 3 games does not look so horrid (3.10, 1-0, 19 K). Unfortunately, Kuroda is HOT. In his last 3, he has a 2.49 ERA with 20 K. Historically, he is 2-1 with a 3.60 against the G's. Sanchez still has his Doggy backpack, with a career 0-5 mark and a (gag) 6.04 ERA!!!

Players to watch

Ross 3-9, HR

Players to avoid

Kent 7-17, 5 RBI
Loney 4-15, HR
Theriot 1-2, HR

Looking at the match-ups and the histories of the clubs, you would have to say that it does not look good for the good-guys. However, the Giants are still in it while the Doggies are in complete free-fall with distraction after distraction around them. On the surface, I would have to say that the Giants are only favored in one of the games, but I think we have a decent shot taking 2. Going 1-2 would not be the end of the world though, given the match-ups.

Colorado travels to San Diego and San Diego STILL feels snake-bit from the game 163 a few years back. Given their recent skid (7 in a row!!!), this is not a good time for them to be hitting a team that is in their heads. I would not be surprised to see SD go 1-2 in this series, whis is GREAT for the G's.

Unfortunately, Colorado has to fly home for a make-up game against Philly tomorrow. This could mean they will be tired (physically as well as emotionally) for the SD series.

Philly then has to fly home to host the hapless Brewers for the weekend. It is starting to look like SD will be easier to catch than the Phills.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1

Friday 7:10
Zito (8-10, 4.07) vs Billingsly (10-8, 3.73)

Zito has been GAWD AWFUL lately. In his last 3 starts (excluding the Cin relief app) he is 0-3, 14.04 with only 4 Ks. Bills, by contrast is 1-1, 3.38 with 15 Ks. Historically, Zeets is pretty good against the Dogs (3.83 ERA), so hopefully we get that Zeets instead. Unfortunately, Billz has been a Giant killer (5-2, 2.98, 70 K). Overall, I dont like our chances.

Players to watch

Ishi 4-11, 3 RBI
Pat 3-10, 2 RBI
UUU 5-10, HR
Nate 5-8
Gamer 7-20, HR

Players to avoid

Belliard 9-21, HR, 6 RBI
Carroll 8-21
Kemp 14-32

Game 2

Saturday 7:10
Cain (10-10, 3.11) vs Lilly (5-1, 3.29)

Cain got the monkey off his back earlier in the season and has been the lone bright spot in the rotation the last couple weeks (1-1, 3.10, 18 K last 3 starts). Lilly has only been OK the last couple weeks (2-1, 4.66). Lilly has the rep of being a Giants killer, but in reality, his ERA against the good guys is a HORRID 5.12 despite the 3-1 record. Matty, while going 1-8 against the doggies, has actually pitched pretty solid (3.94, 69 K). Could Cainer put together a 2 game win streak against the sinking Blue?

Players to watch

Ross 1-3, HR
Gamer 3-9, HR, 3 RBI
UUU 2-7, HR, 3 RBI

Players to avoid

Blake 5-18, 2 HR
Loney 7-26, 7 RBI
Ethier 18-33

Game 3

Sunday 5:00
Sanchez (9-8, 3.54) vs Kuroda (10-11, 3.39)

Durty started the rotation's turn-around and his line for the last 3 games does not look so horrid (3.10, 1-0, 19 K). Unfortunately, Kuroda is HOT. In his last 3, he has a 2.49 ERA with 20 K. Historically, he is 2-1 with a 3.60 against the G's. Sanchez still has his Doggy backpack, with a career 0-5 mark and a (gag) 6.04 ERA!!!

Players to watch

Ross 3-9, HR

Players to avoid

Kent 7-17, 5 RBI
Loney 4-15, HR
Theriot 1-2, HR

Looking at the match-ups and the histories of the clubs, you would have to say that it does not look good for the good-guys. However, the Giants are still in it while the Doggies are in complete free-fall with distraction after distraction around them. On the surface, I would have to say that the Giants are only favored in one of the games, but I think we have a decent shot taking 2. Going 1-2 would not be the end of the world though, given the match-ups.

Colorado travels to San Diego and San Diego STILL feels snake-bit from the game 163 a few years back. Given their recent skid (7 in a row!!!), this is not a good time for them to be hitting a team that is in their heads. I would not be surprised to see SD go 1-2 in this series, whis is GREAT for the G's.

Unfortunately, Colorado has to fly home for a make-up game against Philly tomorrow. This could mean they will be tired (physically as well as emotionally) for the SD series.

Philly then has to fly home to host the hapless Brewers for the weekend. It is starting to look like SD will be easier to catch than the Phills.

Great analysis, cal. Took the words right out of my keyboard. Interesting little make-up game between the Phils and Rocks today, too. Sucks for the Rockies coming off a tough series to head to Denver for a game against the hot and getting hotter Phillies then bolt right back to the west coast to play a Pads team that is also desperate for a win.

Can't say that I feel too badly for them, but I'll be rooting for them the rest of this week. Agree that the Padres are easier to pass at this moment with the remaining schedules than the Phillies, but it would still be good to see both lose. Since the Giants put some distance between themselves and the Rox this week, it won't hurt for them to knock down the guys ahead of them too much (as long as SF wins some games, too). Hope the G-men can take at least 2 out of 3 from the Dogs. That would make things look significantly brighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElJimador

Keepin it Real
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The starting pitching is really going to have to step up and keep it rolling because I don't see the G-men scoring a lot of runs vs the guys the Dodgers are throwing. Game 1 is hugely important. Zito has been crap lately but usually pitches well vs. the Dodgers and if he can give them a quality start that would be one for each of the starters the last time through the rotation, which I think would do a lot for the mindset of a team built on pitching to believe they have turned the page in September and are back on track. If the hitters can get to Billingsley who has also been tough on them I think those things together would set the perfect tone not just for this series but for this entire road trip which is so critical.

I'll be in LA this weekend visiting some friends, so I won't be posting but I will be at the Sunday night game (my first in Dodger Stadium). If ESPN pulls the CF camera back and you see a guy view level directly behind home plate wearing a road gray Giants uni that might be me.

Go Giants!!!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The starting pitching is really going to have to step up and keep it rolling because I don't see the G-men scoring a lot of runs vs the guys the Dodgers are throwing. Game 1 is hugely important. Zito has been crap lately but usually pitches well vs. the Dodgers and if he can give them a quality start that would be one for each of the starters the last time through the rotation, which I think would do a lot for the mindset of a team built on pitching to believe they have turned the page in September and are back on track. If the hitters can get to Billingsley who has also been tough on them I think those things together would set the perfect tone not just for this series but for this entire road trip which is so critical.

I'll be in LA this weekend visiting some friends, so I won't be posting but I will be at the Sunday night game (my first in Dodger Stadium). If ESPN pulls the CF camera back and you see a guy view level directly behind home plate wearing a road gray Giants uni that might be me.

Go Giants!!!

Have fun, ElJim! Before the phone booth, Chavez Ravine was a pleasure to visit (as I'm sure you know). I remember exclaiming to my dad, at the age of 11, upon visiting Dodger Stadium for the first time, "I didn't know concrete could be so clean." He replied, "That's because we've been taking you to Candlestick your whole life." Now that the Giants have such a beautiful park, a lot of the luster has worn off. Plus, the fan base seems to have gotten a little cruder (though, likely not in your section). Hope traffic isn't too bad, and you get to enjoy a Giants victory!