• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Wisconsin play a ranked team this year?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they cannot help their Big 10 opponents are all complete trash. But they can dictate who they play out of conference. They scheduled Utah State, Florida Atlantic, and BYU, three horrendous teams who haven't been great in years. If you compare that with the 1 loss teams it's a joke. Ohio State played Oklahoma, Army, and UNLV. Clemson has Auburn and South Carolina. Miami has Notre Dame. Georgia had Notre Dame and Georgia Tech. Notre Dame is independent, but they have UGA, USC, NC State, Miami, Navy, and Stanford. Etc.

If you guys win out and beat Ohio State, you will be an undefeated P5 team. I would likely have you in the playoffs, and I suspect you'd be decimated by Bama. But in a scenario where you drop a game, of course it's reasonable that they would penalize you for having one of the worst schedules in football when all the others had a tougher road there. They did that to Boise State for years, and they would typically have a marquee win as well.

You're posting as if they scheduled BYU this summer, and that's not the case. While they haven't been a feared opponent for a while, I don't think they were a Savannah St when that was scheduled. UW has fairly consistently tried to schedule a P5 or a decent test in the ooc schedule. It didn't work out this year, but too fucking bad. They'll pay the penance if they drop a game, that's the way it works. We also cannot control the cross over games or how the teams in our division are performing, unless of course you have some secret in how we can.

In the end it's all bull shit anyway. If you're not good you get exposed and if you are you don't embarrass your self.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if you take a look, it's pretty much what you guys have done for the last couple years, yes?

Something about those that live in glass houses should STFU...
Did you not see me list Washington in the same boat? So no, I won't STFU. Truth is truth bro. I wouldn't have complained if a team got in over Washington last year with their schedule and wouldn't this year. It's of their own doing. Same holds true for Wisconsin. There are one loss teams that would deserve to get in ahead of them and until the playoff committee stands up and does something like that, this trend of garbage football will continue to grow.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this. See, Bama at least has room to complain, as they scheduled FSU when everyone thought they'd be great. But I haven't heard them do that at all. They take it one game at a time, and trust it will sort itself out.

And FYI Moab, he said Washington's schedule was bad.
Right, but I didn't make any excuses for their schedule. In fact, their schedule was embarrassing, but how do you change it once it's set? Reality is you don't. You just watch the whiny bitches whine about it and laugh, especially when the kettle is calling the pot black.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has a great D, a great run game and very good OL. As long as Horningbrook doesn't turn the ball over the Badgers will represent themselves fine versus anyone . They certainly wouldn't be favored but to be frank Alabama hasn't played anyone either and UGA has one great win vs a team who plays a lot like Wisky and it was a one point game

I find it hard to judge Wisconsin because they haven't played anyone if they win out they will likely get in and will have beaten a good team from the Eastern division of the Big Ten which is the tougher division. I have serious doubts that they would be able to do much on offense against either Alabama or Georgia.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to judge Wisconsin because they haven't played anyone if they win out they will likely get in and will have beaten a good team from the Eastern division of the Big Ten which is the tougher division. I have serious doubts that they would be able to do much on offense against either Alabama or Georgia.
Wiscy needed a trick play to beat Illinois.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but I didn't make any excuses for their schedule. In fact, their schedule was embarrassing, but how do you change it once it's set? Reality is you don't. You just watch the whiny bitches whine about it and laugh, especially when the kettle is calling the pot black.

Their schedule gives them no margin for error, they have to win out to get in and I'm not sure they can beat the team they play in the Big Ten championship.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their schedule gives them no margin for error, they have to win out to get in and I'm not sure they can beat the team they play in the Big Ten championship.

It might play out that way, but it's not a given. There are lots of things that can happen between now and the end of the season. While my thoughts are basically along those lines, just too many things can happen to carve that idea in stone.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't have to preach to me I'm doubtful. My team lost on a one handed grab that the guy barely got his foot down in the end zone.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this. See, Bama at least has room to complain, as they scheduled FSU when everyone thought they'd be great. But I haven't heard them do that at all. They take it one game at a time, and trust it will sort itself out.

And FYI Moab, he said Washington's schedule was bad.
Sure, and BYU in some years isn't a bad team to schedule even if you could argue they aren't worthy of high credit either (Washington has BYU as their top in '19 which is garbage to me). But Bama also has 3 horrible OOC games. Like worse than the 3 teams of the other bad OOC teams. Time to stop with garbage FCS teams. Start with that for all of us.

It's a growing trend that I'm not fond of clearly. :lol:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might play out that way, but it's not a given. There are lots of things that can happen between now and the end of the season. While my thoughts are basically along those lines, just too many things can happen to carve that idea in stone.

If Wisconsin loses a game but wins the Big Ten they would need for there to be no other one loss conference champs because most of them will probably be viewed higher than Wisconsin. I mean if it comes down to a one loss Wisconsin or a one loss Notre Dame who do you think will get the nod?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Moron,

The adults are having a discussion here. So I'm going to pour some dry Cheerios on this TV tray and put some glue on a piece of paper and give you some glitter sprinkles. Those should entertain you for hours.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sincerely,

The Adults

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wisconsin loses a game but wins the Big Ten they would need for there to be no other one loss conference champs because most of them will probably be viewed higher than Wisconsin. I mean if it comes down to a one loss Wisconsin or a one loss Notre Dame who do you think will get the nod?
We can post about "if" from here to eternity. I don't go into ifs, only because ifs rarely play out the way I believe they will and I don't care too much about them. It's obvious if Notre Dame and UW each have 1 loss that Notre Dame would get in, that's how crappy schedules bite you in the ass. You're not posting with a 13 year old...

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin backs out of home-and-home with Washington

giphy-8.gif

Last edited:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stated above, the adults are posting, I'd post in crayon, but the board doesn't have that option.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can post about "if" from here to eternity. I don't go into ifs, only because ifs rarely play out the way I believe they will and I don't care too much about them. It's obvious if Notre Dame and UW each have 1 loss that Notre Dame would get in, that's how crappy schedules bite you in the ass. You're not posting with a 13 year old...

I don't think Wisconsin will lose until the conference championship game they just haven't played anyone that will prepare them for an Ohio State or a Penn State though most likely Ohio State. If they do win out they will most likely get in though I look at them much like Notre Dame in 2012 probably not a pretty game.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wisconsin will lose until the conference championship game they just haven't played anyone that will prepare them for an Ohio State or a Penn State though most likely Ohio State. If they do win out they will most likely get in though I look at them much like Notre Dame in 2012 probably not a pretty game.
None of this matters. We can play the if game all night, but reality is they have to win out to get in is the most likely scenario. I've never made any case in Oct for something that won't be decided until Dec.

I'm going to bed now, if you guys wouldn't mind making sure the 8 year old gets to bed safe, that'd be great.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy Notre Dame made the BCS National Championship game but I knew it was going to be a challenge and didn't expect them to win because Alabama were just nasty that year. I never rooted for another team as much as I did Kansas State that year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this matters. We can play the if game all night, but reality is they have to win out to get in is the most likely scenario. I've never made any case in Oct for something that won't be decided until Dec.

I'm going to bed now, if you guys wouldn't mind making sure the 8 year old gets to bed safe, that'd be great.

Oh I agree and Notre Dame needs to do the same or they won't be getting in maybe one of the big bowls but the playoffs will be out the window. The only good news with being a one loss team like Notre Dame without a conference championship is they allowed Ohio State in last year with one loss and no conference title.