• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does the return of Josh Gordon win Cleveland the AFC North?

Does the return of Josh Gordon win Cleveland the AFC North?

• Total voters

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC North Standings:
Cincinnati 6-3-1
Baltimore 6-4
Pittsburgh 6-4
Cleveland 6-4

They finish out with games @Atlanta, @Buffalo, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, @Carolina, and @Baltimore.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted no. They are simply too inconsistent for me to place too much trust in the team. He will be a huge boost to the offense tho, no doubt. It should really help take pressure off Hoyer.

That said, I think this team is an 8-8 or 9-7 squad right now with the schedule they have left. Don't think that is enough to win the division.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted no. They are simply too inconsistent for me to place too much trust in the team. He will be a huge boost to the offense tho, no doubt. It should really help take pressure off Hoyer.

That said, I think this team is an 8-8 or 9-7 squad right now with the schedule they have left. Don't think that is enough to win the division.

They lost to Pittsburgh and Baltimore by a field goal or less early in the season. A little extra here and there to extend drives could have changed their record for the better substantially. Cleveland would have a pretty good shot on the road against Atlanta and Carolina. Buffalo and Baltimore are kind of toss ups and you never know with Cinci. Indianapolis is probably the toughest of the group because they can put up a lot of points on the board. I could see them winning 3 or 4 out of those 6 games.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost to Pittsburgh and Baltimore by a field goal or less early in the season. A little extra here and there to extend drives could have changed their record for the better substantially. Cleveland would have a pretty good shot on the road against Atlanta and Carolina. Buffalo and Baltimore are kind of toss ups and you never know with Cinci. Indianapolis is probably the toughest of the group because they can put up a lot of points on the board. I could see them winning 3 or 4 out of those 6 games.

I'm concerned about their defense. Phil Taylor is out for the year, Dansby is out at least a few weeks, and Sheard is out too now. If they cannot stop the run better than they did Sunday, they don't have much of a chance against most teams.

I think a 3-3 is reasonable, putting them at 9-7. I think that keeps them in the hunt, but I don't know if that's enough to win the division...i guess it depends on where they get those 3 wins. As long as they get at least 2, I'll be pleased with the season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

My best guess...9-7

@ ATL...L
@ BUF...W
IND...L
CIN...W
@CAR...W
@ BAL...L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned about their defense. Phil Taylor is out for the year, Dansby is out at least a few weeks, and Sheard is out too now. If they cannot stop the run better than they did Sunday, they don't have much of a chance against most teams.

I think a 3-3 is reasonable, putting them at 9-7. I think that keeps them in the hunt, but I don't know if that's enough to win the division...i guess it depends on where they get those 3 wins. As long as they get at least 2, I'll be pleased with the season.

You are reasonable...I think 3-3 is probable or certainly feasible...imo 10 wins is probably the number to reach to win the DIV...I'll say it this way...CLE chances are as good as every other team...but they need to win on the road to do it...same with PIT, BAL and CIN.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are reasonable...I think 3-3 is probable or certainly feasible...imo 10 wins is probably the number to reach to win the DIV...I'll say it this way...CLE chances are as good as every other team...but they need to win on the road to do it...same with PIT, BAL and CIN.

That's what I'm thinking too.

Cleveland hasn't been great on the road, but you can say that about most teams. I'm very interested in how the addition of Gordon affects the running game. Teams won't be able to stack 9 guys in the box anymore w/o fear of the Browns going over the top of them on a deep ball. If Cameron can come back too, the offense will suddenly be dynamic.

Defense is my #1 fear right now with so many guys on the front 7 out.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, WRs dont move the vegas line for a game they arent going to add much to a campaign to win a division.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost to Pittsburgh and Baltimore by a field goal or less early in the season.

Yeah but then they turned around and got outplayed by the lowly Jags. Plus there is no guarantee Gordon steps up fresh off a long suspension and plays his top game. Probably gonna take a few weeks to get back in game shape.

I like their team and would love to see them do it. I just have to go with the more proven teams. All 3 divisional rivals have had more big game success in recent years...even Cinni.

Next year? They may start the year as favorites if they add a piece or 2.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but then they turned around and got outplayed by the lowly Jags. Plus there is no guarantee Gordon steps up fresh off a long suspension and plays his top game. Probably gonna take a few weeks to get back in game shape.

I like their team and would love to see them do it. I just have to go with the more proven teams. All 3 divisional rivals have had more big game success in recent years...even Cinni.

Next year? They may start the year as favorites if they add a piece or 2.

You're right, he won't be in full form right off of the bat but he can still take pressure off of the running game and leave the other receiving options with more advantageous coverages. He will be useful while Jordan Cameron is out. I could see them moving Gordon to the outside and Hawkins back to the slot.

Not having any nagging injuries from any of the previous 10 games like a lot of guys have is also something in his favor if he is in shape.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, he won't be in full form right off of the bat but he can still take pressure off of the running game and leave the other receiving options with more advantageous coverages. He will be useful while Jordan Cameron is out. I could see them moving Gordon to the outside and Hawkins back to the slot.

Not having any nagging injuries from any of the previous 10 games like a lot of guys have is also something in his favor if he is in shape.

He is a game changer...no question...imo more than just being in shape...he hasn't been able to practice with the team...timing with Hoyer is probably going to take a couple of games before he's comfortable trusting him to be where he's throwing the ball.

Imo...the Browns are going to feel the impact of losing Phil Taylor on DEF and they were already struggling a bit on that side of the ball....he's not only a block eater to free up edge rushers, he makes plays in the middle vs the run...if they're not able to pressure Ryan, ATL will win at home.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a game changer...no question...imo more than just being in shape...he hasn't been able to practice with the team...timing with Hoyer is probably going to take a couple of games before he's comfortable trusting him to be where he's throwing the ball.

Imo...the Browns are going to feel the impact of losing Phil Taylor on DEF and they were already struggling a bit on that side of the ball....he's not only a block eater to free up edge rushers, he makes plays in the middle vs the run...if they're not able to pressure Ryan, ATL will win at home.

Yea, that will be an issue to overcome. He knows the playbook so it can't be too bad from the start. The most significant impact will be throws in the redzone where Hoyer just puts it up somewhere Gordon can come down with it though.

Without an effective running game and pass blocking Atlanta is kind of iffy even at home. The only reason we even won on Sunday @Carolina is because Gano missed the game winning field goal.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that will be an issue to overcome. He knows the playbook so it can't be too bad from the start. The most significant impact will be throws in the redzone where Hoyer just puts it up somewhere Gordon can come down with it though.

Without an effective running game and pass blocking Atlanta is kind of iffy even at home. The only reason we even won on Sunday @Carolina is because Gano missed the game winning field goal.

Yeah, but there was enough time left for ATL to at least get big leg Bryant a 50 yd chance...mvp of the team imo.

I'm picking ATL this week...part wishful thinking, part I think CLE really lost a lot with Taylor. Don't worry, it won't be enough to keep Smitty around...that regime is half out the door!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns just released Ben Tate. He gone.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Colts pickup yet another Browns castoff running back? With Bradshaw out it may be worth a shot, unless they have faith in Trent Richardson.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...wow...I wouldn't mind releasing Blount and picking this guy up.

What happened?

The article I found said Tate was complaining about his lack of carries. He wasn't happy w/ the Browns 3 RB rotation.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article I found said Tate was complaining about his lack of carries. He wasn't happy w/ the Browns 3 RB rotation.

Oh brother...okay, I can see a 3 man rotation...hard to get any mo with only a series every other qtr...nevermind, we already have a potential lockerroom cancer...Blount's doing the same thing in a 2 RB rotation.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm thinking too.

Cleveland hasn't been great on the road, but you can say that about most teams. I'm very interested in how the addition of Gordon affects the running game. Teams won't be able to stack 9 guys in the box anymore w/o fear of the Browns going over the top of them on a deep ball. If Cameron can come back too, the offense will suddenly be dynamic.

Defense is my #1 fear right now with so many guys on the front 7 out.

One thing is for sure, the Browns future is looking brighter than it has in many a year, and to even be a serious competitor this year is a success in and of itself.......
Our division is tighter than a crane cable lifting an apartment building right now, so whoever wants it the most and can go on a run, will take home the money......I'm hoping it's the Ravens of course !!!!!:boxing: