• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Maryland and Rutgers joining the B1G mean new divisions with new names?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is not an original idea and maybe logical, but how about name the divisions East and West division? Maybe have Wisconsin or Illinois join the West Division.

EAST

Indiana
Maryland
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers
(Wisconsin or Illinois)

WEST

Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
(What ever team not picked for East)

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You are stuck with that stupid ass Legends and Leaders shit. Learn it, love it, live it.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is not an original idea and maybe logical, but how about name the divisions East and West division? Maybe have Wisconsin or Illinois join the West Division.

EAST

Indiana
Maryland
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers
(Wisconsin or Illinois)

WEST

Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
(What ever team not picked for East)

I already saw a release that said Illinois is moving to the legends,

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You are stuck with that stupid ass Legends and Leaders shit. Learn it, love it, live it.

I have already learned it. I will never have to love it and nobody can make me. I guess I will have to live with it.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I favored the black and blue divisions, but the B1G didn't ask for my help with the names...

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit and conference.

As opposed to the SEC names which should be Absolute and Joke

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin gets screwed with the divisions.

There are 6 conference schools in states that border Wisconsin (Minnesota, Iowa, Northwestern, Illinois, Michigan and Michigan State). Not ONE is in our division.

I'm not going to complain about Ohio State or Penn State (great marquee programs), but to have those two plus Maryland and Rutgers in the division means a LOT of travel. Those are the farthest, 2nd farthest, 3rd farthest and 5th farthest schools from Madison in the B1G.

Why can't it be...

"East"
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan State
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana
Illinois

"West"
Michigan
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Iowa
Minnesota
Northwestern
Purdue

Competitively balanced, and geographically logical.

You need to do some jujitsu with Michigan, but then it accomplishes the B1G's goal of splitting Ohio State and Michigan, and splitting the 4 "national powers".

I also flipped Purdue and Illinois for two reasons: 1) so the 3 states with two schools (MI, IN, IL) have one in each division (fair for recruiting exposure), and 2) to preserve the Illibuck game (since Michigan-OSU would be the protected game).

The only flaw is that Michigan can't have protected games against Ohio State AND Michigan State, but let's assume the league now goes to a 9-game schedule and you can have two protected crossovers. I call Ohio State and Michigan State for Wisconsin :).

(that would make a great little pod for comparison between divisions, if Wisconsin played OSU & MSU, OSU played Wisconsin & Michigan, Michigan played OSU & MSU and MSU played Michigan & Wisconsin).

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin will stay East to maintain competitive balance. Illinois traveling east is worse than Wisconsin traveling east. There are more Badgers out east to help sell out Rutgers and Maryland's stadiums than there are Illini.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't give a crap whether Maryland and Rutgers sell out their pathetic stadiums. All I care about is recruiting and ruining the football culture in Madison because kids can't road trip to games.