• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Felix Jones Even Register?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him sticking and I'll tell you why.

Tomlin is pissed.

When Mendy when down last season he made it an open RB competition and neither man stepped up.

You're sending a heck of a message when you draft a RB after that. You're telling both the guys on the roster that they're not good enough.

Even moreso when you go out and trade for another one rather than going with Dwyer.

I see Jones sticking - at least with him you don't know what you got. He was good enough to stay with Dallas a while and he's probably better than anyone behind Bell.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're sending a heck of a message when you draft a RB after that. You're telling both the guys on the roster that they're not good enough

So... picking up a 1st round draft bust off the scrap heap
who has never rushed for more than 800 yards in a season is "a heck of a message".

The message I received was that the steelers rushing offense is in deep trouble.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him sticking and I'll tell you why.

Tomlin is pissed.

When Mendy when down last season he made it an open RB competition and neither man stepped up.

You're sending a heck of a message when you draft a RB after that. You're telling both the guys on the roster that they're not good enough.

Even moreso when you go out and trade for another one rather than going with Dwyer.

I see Jones sticking - at least with him you don't know what you got. He was good enough to stay with Dallas a while and he's probably better than anyone behind Bell.

I agree...there were a few who even thought 1st round RB so clearly Redman/Dwyer are not locks.

I'm thinking out loud here, before this injury, it looked like Bell was going to get the starting nod in spite of Redman being #1 on the posted depth chart. Probably were going to keep 5 RBs/53...Bell,Redman,S-Howling,Batch, Dwyer/? Bell, Spaeth, Miller are going to be on the 53 even they won't be playing, so I think they go 6 RBs, and probably keep an extra TE, and only keep 4 WRs.

Once Bell is back, I don't see them keeping 6 RBs. Jones is probably not a ST guy at this stage. In either case...I think we're going to find out fairly quickly...I like the speed he had in DAL.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he sticks with Jones if for no other reason than he knows Redman and Dwyer aren't that great. Plus he has a speed they don't.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be too excited. He didn't look that good in training camp or preseason so far for us. Polk, Brown and Shady were all playing much better than him and even Matthew Tucker looked better at times. We are deep though at RB, but he didn't look that fast anymore.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be too excited. He didn't look that good in training camp or preseason so far for us. Polk, Brown and Shady were all playing much better than him and even Matthew Tucker looked better at times. We are deep though at RB, but he didn't look that fast anymore.

I'm not getting to worked up as Philly let him go for way to low a price. I still think he's better than some of the guys we have and will do until Bell comes back.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting to worked up as Philly let him go for way to low a price. I still think he's better than some of the guys we have and will do until Bell comes back.

Meh, I don't think it was low because I know he wasn't making the team, so they got something for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...Jones did make the team...not terribly surprised after his preseason effort...whatever production we're able to get from him imo is a bonus.

To the Philly fan...I think both teams got a player that MAY help their new team but doubtful they were going to make the 53 on their initial teams.