• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Blake Bortles remind anyone of Blaine Gabbert coming out the draft?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bortles still has a lot to prove, but I like his chances, Gabbert is a weak arm QB that came out of a system that didn't prepare him for the NFL.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All people being negative here need to realize this is a young team on the rise and much respect to Blake Bortles on knowing he needs to improve and taking the time to work on it. I think that Bortles will go far in this league. The Jaguars will be a force to be reckoned with in the AFC in the next few seasons.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only superficially.

I watched Gabbert up close, so I know more about him than Bortles, and was shocked Gabbert was picked so high.

I also think Bortles was possibly picked too high, but I think he's a much better football player, and think he'll do better.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh, who is Blake Bortles, and who is Blaine Gabbert?

what-did-you-just-say.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles meh. I don't think he'll ever be elite, but we'll see. That was a C grade at the time from me. Mack, Barr, and even Watkins made SO much more sense to me. The only reason it gets a C is QB. That said, Robinson was a D easily, how that team passed on Watkins/Evans is beyond me. And I said that the DAY of the draft, not in hindsight despite a bunch of Rams homers calling me a hater just because Seattle? Okay... yet I've clearly called my own Seattle picks (Wilson) a C-/D+ and was horridly wrong yet still eat crow for it. Outside of those teams, despite a 'meh' 10th overall pick (Ebron-Lions) that was a C at best, the other 7 were all Bs and up.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville is going to be a force in the league this year and years to come. And Bortles is going to lead the way. This kid is putting in major work this off season. From working with Aaron Rodgers & Drew Brees in Cali, to holding his own camp, to heading right back to Cali immediately after OTA's to work some more with QB Guru Tom House. This kid has been working his butt off and Jags front office went out brought him new big guys up front and a new toy in Julius Thomas. The Jags are going to be very scary. And Bortles will be elite when its all said & done.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who really knows at this point? It remains all about the decisions made or not made in the heat of battle where everyone on the field is professional and then followed by having consistency week after week. I like the person Bortles seems to be and wish him well.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Blake take every snap at UCF and trust me he'll be fine. Look for significant improvement this season. I doubt it's going to have any kind of crazy breakout year but he'll be better. I look for him to hit is stride in year 3. He can throw from the pocket or on the run. He can throw across his body and he can zip it hard or put touch on the ball when needed. He had his best games at UCF against the biggest opponents such as Penn State and Louisville. So the stage is not too big for him he just has to get used to the speed and savvy of NFL defenses. Admittedly I'm a huge fan and am somewhat biased. My only worry is some times tends to try and throw into heavy coverage. He got away with that most times at UCF but NFL DBs will make you pay. So Jags fans, be patient, none of us know if any player will make it in the NFL until they do. IMHO, you have your starting QB for many years.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how Bortles does in year two. Of course right now Luck is the best QB in the division but after that its all gonna be determined in 2015. I think Mariota will be good for a rookie. Hoyer i'll be watching to see how he does.