• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anyone watch the Mannings?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to avoid it. Very boring to have that bar in the left of screen, showing them doing basically stupid commentary. Glad that it is an option in ESPN. Otherwise it would be atrocious.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did on accident once. Youtube TV had MNF and their broadcast side by side and I wasn't paying attention so I clicked on their broadcast.

So I was like WTH lets give it a whirl.....I kept it on all of 5 minutes because it was so boring and stupid.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did out of curiosity for a couple of minutes once. No idea why anyone would prefer that to the regular broadcast. They're ok guys but they're not at all interesting nor entertaining to me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are funny guys but for the full game, I did it last night. It is less about them being funny and more about that the little insights bc they are so knowledgable about the game. I thought it was interesting but I also like Troy on ESPN

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to avoid it. Very boring to have that bar in the left of screen, showing them doing basically stupid commentary. Glad that it is an option in ESPN. Otherwise it would be atrocious.

Hell no. I was at a sports bar one night and all the screens had those two clowns on the side and I found it infuriating.

Have total respect for both guys but that just takes away from the game IMO.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game is one I want to see, I'll watch it. I don't care who the fuck the announcers are.

Shit, remember when we used to say, "Shut up, Howard?" How we wish for his entertainment value over the stiffs we have now.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game is one I want to see, I'll watch it. I don't care who the fuck the announcers are.

Shit, remember when we used to say, "Shut up, Howard?" How we wish for his entertainment value over the stiffs we have now.

I know I'm in the minority but I think Aikman and Buck are fantastic. Just enough commentary without being overly opinionated.

Romo and Collinsworth can suck a dick.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.....

I watch the game for the teams playing.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don’t watch the Manningcast, I care about watching the game, not about celebrity interviews during the game.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you doucheags saying you "watch the game "are the same dildos crowing incessantly about the Redzone channel to follow your fantasy team.....
:kermit:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm in the minority but I think Aikman and Buck are fantastic. Just enough commentary without being overly opinionated.

Romo and Collinsworth can suck a dick.
It doesn’t take more than one listen of Burkhardt (not bad) and Olsen (doesn’t know when to shut the hell up) and comparing them with Joe & Troy to appreciate what Fox is missing. Collinsworth is tolerable to me. Romo is a caricature of what he was his first year. Just not good.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always worked almost every Monday night so never get to watch it. But the first season they did it I did watch one game. When the brothers are actually talking about the game, the little casual nuggets of knowledge and understanding that they drop are amazing. Peyton would be like so that safety is reading the RB pre snap which tells you he's going to be doing such and such so if the QB notices that and sees that the CBs are keying on the WR on man which you can tell from such and such then that all tells you he should be audibling into a pass and the TE will be open up the seem for a huge gain.

All before the teams even walk up to the line of scrimmage. And you know he's right because that was the kind of Omaha stuff he used to do. Romo does it sometimes on his games too, but he never got as deep. Plus Romo seems more impressed by himself being able to predict plays. Mannings both seem to be able to do that, but they don't watch the game the same as the rest of us.

But I saw parts of a game this year with them and they seem to have dumbed it down a lot to appeal to the masses. The manning cast games seem to be more about the celebrity guest and the brothers trying to be goofy with pre-planned lines and gadgets and gimmicks. It's less of that casual high level in depth knowledge.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Howard had a veritable plethora of great observations.